i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
New Z490 Vision D boards are nearly impossible to find these days. There are a few left though. Came across this on Ebay. The seller must have bought up a large stockpile yet never deployed them. A bit high priced but for a pro audio hackintosh build, probably worth it. UHD630 graphics will supplant the need to buy a high priced graphics card that may cost 200-300 dollars these days.

s-l1600.jpg

Ships to most countries except for: Barbados, French Guiana, French Polynesia, Guadeloupe, Libya, Martinique, New Caledonia, Reunion, Russian Federation, Ukraine, Venezuela

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
Quick question: I'm planning to upgrade my dual boot Windows 10 to Windows 11 (directly from the ISO i've downloaded).
Is it safer to disconnect OSX NVME (and maybe internal system backup SSD) before trying like a clean install?
Windows 11 is better behaved than Windows 10, but anything can still happen so it’s best to remove OSX drives to be safe.

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7 - 10700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
For some time now (I don't know if it's after upgrading to Ventura or just before), I have had this little problem : incoming videos from Facetime freeze after one second. I have seen that many people have encountered the same problem but could not find a solution. The graphic problem is also visible on photoshop when I open several pictures, it displays part of one picture embedded in another one and it goes away when I zoom in. I guess the problem appeared at the same time.
In a nutshell, I believe it is connected with whatever green, but testing several configurations (with no shikigva, or shikigva=128, or no dart=0) did not improve anything. My hardware configuration has not changed since I set up my hachintosh, my RX580 is working well, iGPU is on, no problem to decode Netflix or appleTV+.
Any idea?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I've been running it since July! Works very well, but it may take some time to adjust to the new Settings... window. It's not "System Preferences" anymore.
Hi,

I have just tried to upgrade to Ventura but the system keeps crashing the window server and the system altogether. Been reading that it might be an issue with the graphics card? I have a RX570.

Open core 0.8.6

Any experiences on that matter?

Cheers

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I have just tried to upgrade to Ventura but the system keeps crashing the window server and the system altogether. Been reading that it might be an issue with the graphics card? I have a RX570.

Open core 0.8.6

Any experiences on that matter?

Cheers
RX570 is perfectly okay to use. Are you upgrading from Monterey?

Which version of BIOS is installed?

When you say “I have just tried to upgrade” does that mean the upgrade never completed? And the Window server crashes are occurring during the installation process?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I was upgrading from Big Sur. Vision G BIOS is F6.

The upgrade completed and the system runs, but crashes all the time after logging in for normal use.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was upgrading from Big Sur. Vision G BIOS is F6.

The upgrade completed and the system runs, but crashes all the time after logging in for normal use.
Some questions / suggestions:
  • Are you using on-board Intel WiFi/BT or a Broadcom module?
  • Does it make a difference if Ethernet cable is connected or not connected?
  • Which version of OpenCore?
  • Are all applications updated to latest versions?
  • If nothing helps, one quick test is to install a fresh copy of Ventura on a spare SSD. I typically use SATA SSDs mounted in external USB 3 enclosures for these types of experiments. If the fresh installation works reliably, then the finger points to some carryover ‘baggage’ from the Big Sur upgrade.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Thanks for the tips. I created a new EFI with HackingDrom and installed from scratch. Now it is stable.

Only the Ethernet doesn't go, despite it showing up as a device as mentioned in the article at the start of this thread...

Unfortunately the files to re-flash the chip have all disappeared online, does anyone still have them around?
Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 16.40.16.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 16.40.16.png
    572.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

jaymonkey

Motherboard
GB Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9 10850K OC @ 5.2 GHz
Graphics
Vega 64 LC + HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was upgrading from Big Sur. Vision G BIOS is F6

The best/most stable BIOS for Z490 Vision G is Version F20 :-

Unfortunately the files to re-flash the chip have all disappeared online, does anyone still have them around ?

Instructions for i225 Vmod (use option 2) :-

I've attached my backup of the i225 vmod files below as the original link on IM is down.

Attachments

• I225-Vmod.zip
    936.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited: