Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Just restore config.plist, and make the changes again necessary for the new 10GB card. Then restart.
I tried that but didn't work. Maybe I messed something up between the backups.

I'm sorry. I'm not sure what that is or how to do that.
Each release of OpenCore includes a utility called ocvalidate.
Open a Terminal window and drag and drop ocvalidate into it then drag and drop your config.plist in too, press return.

ocvalidate will report any errors found.

You can fix errors by comparison of your config.plist with the sample.plist that is also included with each OpenCore release.

Note that everything OpenCore is version specific, and you cannot mix and match any of the files.

@CaseySJ Hi there, A while ago I submitted a post regarding my screen being black when booting and only came to life probably 20s or more after booting. Once it came to life it had already gone through OC picker and already booted into Macos. Therefore I could never boot another OS since I could not see the screen. It happened only when my 6800XT was connected to my monitor via DP. If it was connected via HDMI it was fine. Since I have never managed to fix the issue I have left the HDMI cable. Recently I bought a portable 17.3" 4k monitor and connected it to my 6800XT via a DP to min DP cable. Surprisingly when I boot the system, it is now the main boot sreen. The splash screen as well as the OC picker and the Apple logo and loading gauge are displayed on this screen. Then once Macos is loaded my min 43" is still the main screen.
The 43" monitor DP is 1.4, the 6800XT is 1.4a but can't find what DP version the 17.3" monitor supports.
I thought I would post an update so that maybe someone has a suggestion as to why I can get the splash screen + OC picker on that 17.3" monitor with a DP cable but if I unplug that 17.3" monitor and leave the 43" one connected to the 6800T with a DP cable I can't get anything on the screen until Macos start loading.

So far so good.

Would someone be able to advise on how to get rid of this boot errors

attaching photo
This is very easy to fix. Nearly every version of OpenCore introduces changes to the config.plist data content, also known as the “schema”. OCS means OpenCore Schema.

The warnings you see mean that the version of OpenCore you’re using does not recognize some of the data content in your config.plist.

When we use OpenCore Configurator, we must set it to the same version as OpenCore itself. Each release of OpenCore Configurator supports only two versions of OpenCore. We must therefore download the right version of OpenCore Configurator, which is currently 2.65.0.0. It supports OpenCore 0.8.7 Release and 0.8.8 Development. Please set its preferences to OpenCore 0.8.7 Release then open your config.plist.

The title bar of OpenCore Configurator will tell you which version of OpenCore is being supported.

Now click on each of the panes on the left side (ACPI, Booter, …) without making any changes. Then press CMD-S to save the file.

Reboot. Problem should be fixed.

@emistral

If the 43” monitor has an option to change to DP 1.2, give that a try.

Could this be due to one or more SSDs filling up?

Are all file operations slow or only extracting of Zips, and only when using the built-in macOS unarchiver?

Hey thanks @CaseySJ !

No there's plenty of room on my SSD internal drives (500+GB), and I haven't noticed any other file operations run slow (I work with big audio files), though maybe I should stress test this somehow?

Don't see anything weird happening in iStat, and this occurs regardless of ZIP unarchiving tool (macOS, Keka, UnrarX)

Question for the room. Should I be able to use Airplay to my AppleTV 4k (new) as my audio output in Ventura? It appears as an option, but nothing goes anywhere. I have permissions on AppleTV as anything on the same network. I am using PiHole proxy on my Raspberry Pi 400 for ad blocking.

Back