Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Confirming that it's an issue with OCC 2.60.0.0 – it even still has the checkbox for SerialInit in the GUI.

Which is why I do not recommend using configurators because of issues like this

it is because they have removed that from their code, in other words SerialInit does not exist in opencore and pointless to have something that is not necessary, whether it is enabled or not
Thanks for this info. I do not have SerialInit under Misc>Debug, but still have Misc>Serial>Init=false. Should I delete the "Init=False" altogether? (I am using ProperTree).

Thanks for this info. I do not have SerialInit under Misc>Debug, but still have Misc>Serial>Init=false. Should I delete the "Init=False" altogether? (I am using ProperTree).
the only reference was:
Code:
<key>SerialInit</key>
            <false/>
which should be removed

@Feartech You point is certainly well taken! I have known this for quite some time but, for me, the convenience of using outweighs the occasional problems. Plus, if it's good enough for @CaseySJ....

For those still interested in using OCC, version 2.60.0.1 is out and has removed SerialInit

@Feartech You point is certainly well taken! I have known this for quite some time but, for me, the convenience of using outweighs the occasional problems. Plus, if it's good enough for @CaseySJ....

For those still interested in using OCC, version 2.60.0.1 is out and has removed SerialInit
yes, it can be handy at times don't get me wrong, it has helped a lot of peeps

issue arises when a newer version of opencore comes along and the configurator is not up to date can cause more issues than good while trying to use it, sometimes only showing an error on boot or worse case, a system that does not boot

@suren6791,

Unfortunately without a working IGPU that supports Intel QuickSync there is no way to get SideCar working, as previously stated Sidecar must use either T2 or IGPU. The FeatureUnlock kext only enables the option within MacOS, it still needs a working IGPU/QuickSync to work.

Cheers
Jay
Hi, I changed the Cpu back to the i7 10700K but I can only connect sidecar when the iPad is connected via a cable to the PC. Is there any way to do this wirelessly?

Hi, I changed the Cpu back to the i7 10700K but I can only connect sidecar when the iPad is connected via a cable to the PC. Is there any way to do this wirelessly?

@suren6791,

As far as I know Sidecar should work wirelessly as long as you have a natively supported Broadcom WiFi/BT combo card, it won't work if you are using non-native BT and/or WiFi.

Unfortunately I can't test myself as my iPad is too old (iPad Air Gen 2).

Cheers
Jay

@suren6791,

As far as I know Sidecar should work wirelessly as long as you have a natively supported Broadcom WiFi/BT combo card, it won't work if you are using non-native BT and/or WiFi.

Unfortunately I can't test myself as my iPad is too old (iPad Air Gen 2).

Cheers
Jay
I am using the Intel wifi/Bluetooth card that came with the board.

Back