Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Now that OpenCore Configurator (OCC) 2.26.0.0 has been released, please try the following:
  • Run OCC and let it upgrade itself to 2.26.0.0
  • Set OCC preferences to "0.8.0 Release Version" so that the title bar shows 0.8.0 Release Configuration
  • Now open your config.plist in OCC, click each of the sections on the left side (ACPI, Booter, DeviceProperties, etc.), but make no changes, then press CMD-S to save the file
  • Reboot and see if the "OCS Schema" warning goes away
@CaseySJ Tried the above but warning remains

you need to remove SerialInit section in your config.plist
@Feartech Can I do this using OCC or am I going to have to use a plist editor? Do I remove the whole Serial section under Misc? Right now Misc>Serial>Init is False.

@CaseySJ Tried the above but warning remains

@Feartech Can I do this using OCC or am I going to have to use a plist editor? Do I remove the whole Serial section under Misc? Right now Misc>Serial>Init is False.
I don't use configurators as they need to be updated when opencore gets updated

I use PlistEditPro which is pretty good, xcode is another but bit of a big download though!

EDIT:

it is just this bit that needs deleting:
Code:
<key>SerialInit</key>
            <false/>

I don't use configurators as they need to be updated when opencore gets updated

I use PlistEditPro which is pretty good, xcode is another but bit of a big download though!

EDIT:

it is just this bit that needs deleting:
Code:
<key>SerialInit</key>
            <false/>
It worked. I used ProperTree but instead of deleting commented out SerialInit under Misc>Debug. Don't know why this is necessary when the value is false.

It worked. I used ProperTree but instead of deleting commented out SerialInit under Misc>Debug. Don't know why this is necessary when the value is false.
it is because they have removed that from their code, in other words SerialInit does not exist in opencore and pointless to have something that is not necessary, whether it is enabled or not

it is because they have removed that from their code, in other words SerialInit does not exist in opencore and pointless to have something that is not necessary, whether it is enabled or not
Makes sense. Appreciate that info. Will delete.

Makes sense. Appreciate that info. Will delete.
Just updated an OC 0.7.4 to 0.8.0 through HackinDROM without any issue (no SerialInit etc. in new config.plist)
If you still own your old 0.7.4 I can check it again if you post it

Actually there's no reason for HackinDROM to add SerialInit into 0.8.0 as the update is based on the official SampleCustom.plist

Just updated an OC 0.7.4 to 0.8.0 through HackinDROM without any issue (no SerialInit etc. in new config.plist)
If you still own your old 0.7.4 I can check it again if you post it

Actually there's no reason for HackinDROM to add SerialInit into 0.8.0 as the update is based on the official SampleCustom.plist
I always keep a backup of my old EFI's. It's attached minus the serials.

Attachments

• OC 0.7.4 04:20:22.zip
    11.9 MB · Views: 29
I always keep a backup of my old EFI's. It's attached minus the serials.
Unfortunately I was unable to reproduce the issue

Could you please try again to update 0.7.4 to 0.8.0 and see if the issue appears again ?
I mean if there's again "SerialInit" in the new config.plist (0.8.0)

Be sure the config.plist isn't opened through another plist editor app like OCC, PlistEditor etc. during the update process

Unfortunately I was unable to reproduce the issue

Could you please try again to update 0.7.4 to 0.8.0 and see if the issue appears again ?
I mean if there's again "SerialInit" in the new config.plist (0.8.0)

Be sure the config.plist isn't opened through another plist editor app like OCC, PlistEditor etc. during the update process
After doing more investigating, I have come to the conclusion that it is OCC 2.60.0.0, not HackinDROM, that is inserting "SerialInit". I confirmed this after I deleted "SerialInit" as recommended by @Feartech and it returned when I updated an unrelated setting using OCC 2.60.0.0. I assume that this will be removed in the next update.

After doing more investigating, I have come to the conclusion that it is OCC 2.60.0.0, not HackinDROM, that is inserting "SerialInit". I confirmed this after I deleted "SerialInit" as recommended by @Feartech and it returned when I updated an unrelated setting using OCC 2.60.0.0. I assume that this will be removed in the next update.
That is what I was thinking about...

Back