Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

That card does not support any of the macOS Continuity features other than Continuity Clipboard and Handoff.
I just ordered this one, will it work?

Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 9.40.33 AM.png

I just ordered this one, will it work?

View attachment 546577
On the Z490 Vision D I don’t think we can replace the on-board WiFi module with a non-Intel module. We can, however, use a Fenvi FV-T919.

You’re welcome to try the BCM94360NG. It does work on Z590 and Z690.

On the Z490 Vision D I don’t think we can replace the on-board WiFi module with a non-Intel module. We can, however, use a Fenvi FV-T919.

So this one will be a waste of money to me? I will look up the fenvi one.

I will try. I just looked at the wifi card which is under the last M.2 slot and it seems that it can be removed. I will try surgery when this card arrives

I will try. I just looked at the wifi card which is under the last M.2 slot and it seems that it can be removed. I will try surgery when this card arrives
The card can be removed fairly easily, but BIOS may not allow a non-Intel card to work. On Z390 Designare we know this for sure. On Z490 Vision D my recollection is vague, but one can try searching this thread.

The card can be removed fairly easily, but BIOS may not allow a non-Intel card to work. On Z390 Designare we know this for sure. On Z490 Vision D my recollection is vague, but one can try searching this thread.
Thanks CaseySJ

Is this the one?

Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 9.54.26 AM.png

Back