Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

ok thanks, here is a photo image
  • Do you have a Thunderbolt add-in-card installed in the system?
  • Do you have a USB add-in-card installed in the system?

I am almost certain that it is fixed here as I had the machine on all day in and out of sleep and editing in Premiere Pro and After Effects. Today I will try following the steps of the comment you linked earlier. If that doesn’t work, I will probably try to go back to the original firmware and see if the crashes come back.
Will report back later.

Update: The "NVM 23 (Elias)" firmware caused crashes again. This time the computer restarted, where before (with original firmware) it freezed completely. I'm now back to DSM firmware and attached SSDT and no crashes at all.

@Matic,

Good, the files are different.
So I just flashed the DSM firmware for GC-Titan Ridge and it's working quite well! :)

Will update the Thunderbolt Repository accordingly.

Thanks for pointing this out.

• Do you have a Thunderbolt add-in-card installed in the system?
  • Do you have a USB add-in-card installed in the system?
No add-in-card's installed in System

Okay... that is a mere nothing and I can live with it, by the way this happens quite recently since BS Beta version 11.2

Last edited:
** GC-Titan Ridge Owners **
Please read if you have flashed your Thunderbolt firmware chip (blue dot chip)​

In Big Sur 11.3 onwards, the firmware GC-TITAN-RIDGE-NVM23-Elias64Fr.bin is not stable, and macOS Big Sur will crash. You are advised to flash the DSM firmware called TitanRidgeMacOSFirmware.bin. This firmware has been posted to the Repository. Although this has been tested on GC-Titan Ridge V1.0, it may well apply to V2.0 of the card as well.

Credit: @Matic
Credit for Firmware: DSM2 (MacRumors user name)

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 10.19.36 AM.png

Last edited:
I created a clean install of of Big Sur 11.3.1 and your ** OpenCore 0.6.9 EFI for Z490 Vision G, Not D ** package. I'm running a Radeon VII and both of my monitors are just constantly flashing. Occasionally I see the login screen but the flashing doesn't stop. I used AGPMinjector to add a Radeon VII profile but that didn't so anything. Thoughts?

I am trying to mount my disk in read/write mode to change CPU name, but I get this error:

spctl --master-disable
mount -uw /
mount_apfs: volume could not be mounted: Permission denied
mount: / failed with 66
killall Finder

csr-active-config: E7030000

Any tips?

This Fenvi AX200 PCie card is compatible with the OpenIntelWireless drivers. It supports WiFi 6 and Bluetooth 5.
@CaseySJ Thanks but is there an AX card that is compatible and will work out of the box in AX mode without installing OpenIntelWireless. The idea is to have a cheap AX card that will work out of the box in AX mode without installing anything else while waiting for OpenIntelWireless to support X mode and then switch to the CNVI module. Like the current WiFi card.
If I have to load OpenIntelWireless, given that it is still not supporting AX it is a bit useless because by the time OpenIntelWireless supports AX mode, it will be also be supported on the CNVi.

I created a clean install of of Big Sur 11.3.1 and your ** OpenCore 0.6.9 EFI for Z490 Vision G, Not D ** package. I'm running a Radeon VII and both of my monitors are just constantly flashing. Occasionally I see the login screen but the flashing doesn't stop. I used AGPMinjector to add a Radeon VII profile but that didn't so anything. Thoughts?
Some suggestions:
  • Please check boot-args between the previous and new installation. If previous system was okay, use exactly those args in the new system.
  • If previous system was using a custom power and fan properties SSDT, that SSDT should be used in the new system.
  • Has the system product name changed? In other words, was previous system using iMacPro1,1 and the new is using something else?

I am trying to mount my disk in read/write mode to change CPU name, but I get this error:

spctl --master-disable
mount -uw /
mount_apfs: volume could not be mounted: Permission denied
mount: / failed with 66
killall Finder

csr-active-config: E7030000

Any tips?
In Big Sur this is not practical to do. There is a horrendously hideous procedure somewhere on the web, but it should be avoided. Any little mistake can permanently corrupt the system.

@CaseySJ Thanks but is there an AX card that is compatible and will work out of the box in AX mode without installing OpenIntelWireless. The idea is to have a cheap AX card that will work out of the box in AX mode without installing anything else while waiting for OpenIntelWireless to support X mode and then switch to the CNVI module. Like the current WiFi card.
If I have to load OpenIntelWireless, given that it is still not supporting AX it is a bit useless because by the time OpenIntelWireless supports AX mode, it will be also be supported on the CNVi.
Understood. Unfortunately there is no publicly available natively supported WiFi 6 card for Mac at this time. Apple is using a new Broadcom WiFi 6 module in their products that support WiFi 6, but that module is not yet available in a separately available product. I have actually emailed Fenvi with a request to create a product based on that module.

Back