Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hmm, what if I backup current Windows disk, then reformat Windows SSD by your given red noted guide. After that, I will copy all files from backup to new formatted disk, and then I will copy Microsoft folder from macOS EFI disk to Windows EFI disk?
I don't think this will work (but you may try it anyway). Welcome to Windows. You can either move the Microsoft folder out of EFI every time you update OpenCore, or you can try re-formatting the Windows SSD (using Disk Utility in macOS), then reinstalling Windows. If you have documents on the Windows drive, they can be copied to a USB flash disk (formatted as FAT32 or ExFAT) and then copied back to Windows.

It also strange for my that you can see your Windows, macOS, Linux disks in HackinDROM App, I can see only EFI disk, not macOS either Windows disk not showing up.
HackinDROM App will only show the disks that contain an EFI partition. In your system only one disk has EFI partition.

Last edited:
Please advise, I run BS Beta 1.4 and OpenCore 0.6.9 and the System doesn't start if I change in OpenCore any of NVRAM csr-active-config parameter: 77080000, 67000000, E7030000 or 00000000, so the system run up only with FF0F0000, otherwise it stick on Apple logo.
In OpenCore -> Misc -> SecureBootModel is Disable

The FF0F0000 just fine, but I can't perform BS update, therefore every time I need to used 67000000

By system restart the clean or reset NVRAM doesn't help anymore. In addition by 'Recovery mode' I perform 'csrutil disable' or 'csrutil authenticated-root disable, but if 67000000 is used then after system restart the parameters are still unchanged.

My GC-Titan Ridge is flashed with NVM 23 (Elias). Frequency of crashes has reduced, but system still crashes under 11.4.
I am almost certain that it is fixed here as I had the machine on all day in and out of sleep and editing in Premiere Pro and After Effects. Today I will try following the steps of the comment you linked earlier. If that doesn’t work, I will probably try to go back to the original firmware and see if the crashes come back.
Will report back later.

Update: The "NVM 23 (Elias)" firmware caused crashes again. This time the computer restarted, where before (with original firmware) it freezed completely. I'm now back to DSM firmware and attached SSDT and no crashes at all.

Attachments

• SSDT-TR.aml
    2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
@jerrium,

I've modified FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio,kext to accommodate this change without requiring us to spoof the device ID. Can you please test the new version as follows:
  • Disable the DeviceProperty device-id by putting a hash mark # before the name.
  • Copy the attached kext to OC/Kexts folder.
  • Reboot.
View attachment 517776
I tested, and it still don't work.
Mac OS version is 11.3.1.

I am almost certain that it is fixed here as I had the machine on all day in and out of sleep and editing in Premiere Pro and After Effects. Today I will try following the steps of the comment you linked earlier. If that doesn’t work, I will probably try to go back to the original firmware and see if the crashes come back.
Will report back later.

Update: The "NVM 23 (Elias)" firmware caused crashes again. This time the computer restarted, where before (with original firmware) it freezed completely. I'm now back to DSM firmware and attached SSDT and no crashes at all.
Hmm, the plot thickens or perhaps the mystery deepens...
  • The SSDT you posted appears to be one of mine:
Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 5.41.04 AM.png

• And the DSM firmware for GC-Titan Ridge (from MacRumors) was originally the same as Elias NVM 23 but with a different name. It may have changed since then.
  • If you can post the DSM firmware, I can do a binary comparison to see whether it is the same.

Please advise, I run BS Beta 1.4 and OpenCore 0.6.9 and the System doesn't start if I change in OpenCore any of NVRAM csr-active-config parameter: 77080000, 67000000, E7030000 or 00000000, so the system run up only with FF0F0000, otherwise it stick on Apple logo.
In OpenCore -> Misc -> SecureBootModel is Disable

The FF0F0000 just fine, but I can't perform BS update, therefore every time I need to used 67000000

By system restart the clean or reset NVRAM doesn't help anymore. In addition by 'Recovery mode' I perform 'csrutil disable' or 'csrutil authenticated-root disable, but if 67000000 is used then after system restart the parameters are still unchanged.
There might be a third-party driver (kext) that is causing the boot problem. In Big Sur the proper setting for disabling SIP is in fact FF0F0000.

On my system there is no boot issue or macOS update issue with SIP=E7030000 or SIP=00000000.

Suggestion:
  • Set SIP to either E7030000 or 00000000
  • Reboot
  • At OpenCanopy Picker press CMD-V to enable Verbose
  • Then select macOS SSD
  • When boot process freezes, take a photo or post a description of the error(s) that you see

@Matic,

Good, the files are different.

There might be a third-party driver (kext) that is causing the boot problem. In Big Sur the proper setting for disabling SIP is in fact FF0F0000.

On my system there is no boot issue or macOS update issue with SIP=E7030000 or SIP=00000000.

Suggestion:
  • Set SIP to either E7030000 or 00000000
  • Reboot
  • At OpenCanopy Picker press CMD-V to enable Verbose
  • Then select macOS SSD
  • When boot process freezes, take a photo or post a description of the error(s) that you see

ok thanks, here is a photo image

Attachments

• pic01.png
    pic01.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 62
Back