Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Are there any extra steps or tweaks for 20.2 and 0.6.1?

I tried to create it and saved config.plus using developer 0.6.1 but it would not boot
Have you seen this post by @canyondust? Had to set SecureBootModel to Disabled (or unchecked in OpenCore Configurator).

Have you seen this post by @canyondust? Had to set SecureBootModel to Disabled (or unchecked in OpenCore Configurator).
Yes. I also had to set securebootmodel to disabled to boot macOs. Vit9696 says it’s a work-in-progress.

edit: thought you were asking me, not referencing me :)

Yes. I also had to set securebootmodel to disabled to boot macOs. Vit9696 says it’s a work-in-progress.

edit: thought you were asking me, not referencing me :)

I tried that now but still not working. I am getting crossed apple logo that it is not supported on this platform

Can someone share their working efi I would like to try please
E7111FAD-265F-49F8-960E-FAE996A9F695.jpeg

Last edited:
I tried that now but still not working. I am getting crossed apple logo that it is not supported on this platform

Can someone share their working efi I would like to try please
View attachment 486226
  • Which version of macOS are you installing?
  • Which SMBIOS name (iMac19,1, etc.) are you using?

You have the right idea. But first check if you have an Ethernet device en0:
  • System Information --> Network
View attachment 486163
If you don't have en0, stop and let us know.

If you have en0, then:
  1. Logout of iCloud
  2. Remove the machine from iCloud account (login via browser at iCloud.com)
  3. Reboot
  4. Log back into iCloud
If the problem with FaceTime and Messages persists, then try logging out of iCloud on other devices as well (iPhone, iPad, other Macs) and then log back into those same devices. Then repeat the above 4 steps on the Hackintosh.

@CaseySJ I have ethernet as en0. I tried the steps you listed but same problem. I wasn't able to do step 2 though, because as soon as I manually logged out of iCloud on my system it no longer appeared in my iCloud account. Unless I was looking in the wrong place?

FaceTime/Messages still tells me to contact customer support with a case number to give them. According to Dortania's guide it may mean my id has been blacklisted from their servers so I may need to actually call. Was hoping for a way around that.

Should I try to recreate my config.plist to make it seem like a new machine and then try again before calling?

Are these the things I need to change to create a "brand new machine" or is there anything else:
PlatformInfo > DataHub - Generic > System Serial Number
PlatformInfo > DataHub - Generic > MLB
PlatformInfo > DataHub - Generic > ROM (Was going to change it to my hardware's ethernet MAC address)
PlatformInfo > DataHub - Generic > System UUID
(Nothing is listed in the PlatformInfo > SMBIOS screen)

I was planning on using GenSMBIOS to create the new info. For Serial number, I'm not sure if I should go with "Isn't Valid" or "Purchase Date not Validated" based on Apple Coverage Check website. My current one shows up as "Isn't Valid."
And for my ROM, I was going to use the MAC address of my hack's ethernet.

Or if there are any other steps I should try first, let me know.

Thank you!

Hi CaseySJ,

It is not just for radeon VII, before this yesterday I tried with vega 56 and there also I was getting very slow rendering times

Also to add while rendering with original efi for amd both card are utilized 0% that is why rendering time was 7 minutes. Now with that change Radeon VII is utilized 99% and Intel GPU around 55%

Attachments

• DC0A2C31-562C-41D8-9EDB-9D383E856A74.jpeg
    DC0A2C31-562C-41D8-9EDB-9D383E856A74.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 74
Also to add while rendering with original efi for amd both card are utilized 0% that is why rendering time was 7 minutes. Now with that change Radeon VII is utilized 99% and Intel GPU around 55%
Maybe this has to do with the alphabetical order of the GPU names. We know that some applications prioritize the GPU that appears first when sorted alphabetically. These are the default GPU names:
  • Intel UHD 630
  • Radeon VII
So if we rename Radeon VII to AMD Radeon VII, I wonder if that will achieve the intended effect? This can be done by adding an entry in OpenCore Configurator --> DeviceProperties. We need to obtain the PCI path of the Radeon (Hackintool --> PCIe can do this) and then add a name and/or model field.

@CaseySJ I have ethernet as en0. I tried the steps you listed but same problem. I wasn't able to do step 2 though, because as soon as I manually logged out of iCloud on my system it no longer appeared in my iCloud account. Unless I was looking in the wrong place?

FaceTime/Messages still tells me to contact customer support with a case number to give them. According to Dortania's guide it may mean my id has been blacklisted from their servers so I may need to actually call. Was hoping for a way around that.

Should I try to recreate my config.plist to make it seem like a new machine and then try again before calling?

Are these the things I need to change to create a "brand new machine" or is there anything else:
PlatformInfo > DataHub - Generic > System Serial Number
PlatformInfo > DataHub - Generic > MLB
PlatformInfo > DataHub - Generic > ROM (Was going to change it to my hardware's ethernet MAC address)
PlatformInfo > DataHub - Generic > System UUID
(Nothing is listed in the PlatformInfo > SMBIOS screen)

I was planning on using GenSMBIOS to create the new info. For Serial number, I'm not sure if I should go with "Isn't Valid" or "Purchase Date not Validated" based on Apple Coverage Check website. My current one shows up as "Isn't Valid."
And for my ROM, I was going to use the MAC address of my hack's ethernet.

Or if there are any other steps I should try first, let me know.

Thank you!
Yes, those are the relevant parameters. OpenCore Configurator can do that with one-click:
Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 5.14.28 PM.png

Then click the Generate button next to ROM.

Feel free to try it. Hopefully there's not a larger issue with your AppleID, in which case this might not help.

Back