CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 5600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm proud to say I followed all the steps now and I was able to dual boot windows following Casey's procedure.
Now I'm having two new questions:
1) Is it possible to install bootcamp drivers (so I can reboote into windows and vice versa without going through opencore, and also so I don't have to constantly reconnect my magic mouse and so I have full compatibility with my apple keyboard?
2) I'm having a problem in OSX: Apple keyboard works great, but f3 and f4 keys aren't working. They do work if I use the special functions using the fn key (I have it disabled because I use f1,f2,f3,f4 a lot and I preffer using special functions with fn key), but the regular f3 and f4 aren't working. Every other key works great. In fact I tried it in a website that checks keyboard input and f3 and f4 are the only keys not working.... any help with that?
Thanks for all the help I've received in this forum! You all guys rock!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 580 Pulse 8GB
Few more questions for my new build:

1. Can I re-enable SIP or will it break anything?

2. Do I re-enable SIP just by changing E7030000 to 00000000 in the NVRam > Add > csr-active-config section? Not sure if I'm supposed to do something else. Dortania's guide mentions something about the Delete section instead, but it confused me.

3. I want to use a 2nd SSD with Catalina installed (cloned from my working Catalina install) as a testing ground for different things so I don't break my main install. I followed the CCC backup in the guide to create it.
But in order to use the cloned SSD, should I redo its EFI config.plist and create a brand new UUID, serial, etc? Or can I use the same ones as my main install? I don't want to get my apple account in trouble.

Thanks!

Motherboard
Gigabyte z490 Vision D
CPU
i9 10900k
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I was able to fix it, rendering time now fastest ever.... from 7 minutes to 2:38 minutes in a Final Cut

now iGPU is visible under Graphics/Display together with Radeon VII and also both card working, tried DP on MB for iGPU and it is working fine.

For me most important was Final Cut where I knew that it is not possible that new CPU will be 2x slower than i6600k.

Also using default EFI 0.60 from CaseySJ while rendering my GPU fans and CPU fans are almost dead silent, but on z390 or z170 they will kick in also on real mac as well, so something was off...

here is what i had:

6600k and i9 9900k tested few months ago on Catalina and I9 10900k tested on both Catalina & Big Sur with similar results.

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 10.35.09 PM.png
as you can see finally I got 2 minutes and 38 seconds vs 7 minutes for rendering 8 minutes 4k video in Final Cut

Here is graphics/display section now with both card visible there:

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 9.27.59 PM.png

this I used to patch FB from my old z390:

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 9.37.17 PM.png

also now you can run tests for igpu on geekbench:

Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 12.06.36 AM.png

another thing today before all of this running this script

I was getting only Radeon there
metal inspector.png

but now I have both card listed:

Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 12.05.07 AM.png

How I did this:

I looked at my notes when I was playing around with z390 in May and my best result there with i9 9900k of 2:47 seconds I got after I was able to get same view above with both card showing in Graphics/Display section.

Thing is that I read in my notes but forgot in the start that you have to select IGPU as a primary display and not GPU and also to patch iGPU FB. What I did here I just pasted FB patch from my old z390 and it worked.

After that I was getting rendering of 5 minutes and 9 seconds which was 2 minutes faster but still not good enough.

Then I was playing around with different versions of radeonboost.kext also tried different version of WEG and then I said lets try without WEG and boom everything working as it should, rendering finally down to 2:38 seconds and fans kicking in while rendering.

here is my modified EFI for Vision G, you can add things back for Vision D.

I was so disappointed in rendering time of 7 minutes that I ordered last night again i9 9900k for 370 and asus prime z390 but now since this is fixed I was able to cancel it lol.

@CaseySJ Imovie also not crashing and working just fine.

thanks and good luck

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
  2. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was so disappointed in rendering time of 7 minutes that I ordered last night again i9 9900k for 370 and asus prime z390 but now since this is fixed I was able to cancel it lol.

using Big Sur...

thanks

are you using multiple monitors?

Motherboard
Gigabyte z490 Vision D
CPU
i9 10900k
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
are you using multiple monitors?
no I use only one monitor connected on Radeon VII but I tried to plug it back and forth via DP while I as was in OSX and both are working fine.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 580 Pulse 8GB
Besides my previous questions, I seem to have run into a new more urgent issue...
I can no longer log into Appstore, FaceTime, or iMessage. I get an error: "You cannot sign in to <whatever> on this Mac at this time." Says I need to contact Apple Support and gives me a Customer Code....

Only thing I did recently was I disabled the boot protect/boot strap option in OpenCore Configurator, restarted and reset NVRAM on reboot.

Not sure what to do. When I created the Serial Number, I checked on checkcoverage.apple.com to make sure it wasn't in use... My serial came up as "We’re sorry, but this serial number isn’t valid." Which I read is what I want to happen.
I definitely don't want something to mess up my apple account...

I tried to logout of my account by going to System Pref > Apple ID > Overview > Sign Out, then rebooted and signed back in. It then let me into the Appstore again (but who knows for how long), but I still can't sign into iMessage or FaceTime...

Do I need to recreate a new config.plist with a new serial and UUID?
Should I "remove" this current machine from my account first? Never had this happen before.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
I7-10700K
Graphics
5600XT & 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Glad to hear it! iMac20,2 as well...
@CaseySJ when switching to 20,2 using ocd 0.6.1 dev version, am In right in saying that you also need to update your EFI to OC 0.6.1?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
How I did this:

I looked at my notes when I was playing around with z390 in May and my best result there with i9 9900k of 2:47 seconds I got after I was able to get same view above with both card showing in Graphics/Display section.

Thing is that I read in my notes but forgot in the start that you have to select IGPU as a primary display and not GPU and also to patch iGPU FB. What I did here I just pasted FB patch from my old z390 and it worked.

After that I was getting rendering of 5 minutes and 9 seconds which was 2 minutes faster but still not good enough.

Then I was playing around with different versions of radeonboost.kext also tried different version of WEG and then I said lets try without WEG and boom everything working as it should, rendering finally down to 2:38 seconds and fans kicking in while rendering.
@CaseySJ Imovie also not crashing and working just fine.

thanks and good luck
Good job! That’s what I mean when I often say “we must become our own first line of defense” when we choose to build a Hackintosh.

So it seems the two factors are:
  • Changing “Initial Display Output” in BIOS to iGPU
  • Disabling WhateverGreen
Note that disabling WEG means that all of those framebuffer properties (“framebuffer-con0-busid”, ...) will not be used.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Besides my previous questions, I seem to have run into a new more urgent issue...
I can no longer log into Appstore, FaceTime, or iMessage. I get an error: "You cannot sign in to <whatever> on this Mac at this time." Says I need to contact Apple Support and gives me a Customer Code....

Only thing I did recently was I disabled the boot protect/boot strap option in OpenCore Configurator, restarted and reset NVRAM on reboot.

Not sure what to do. When I created the Serial Number, I checked on checkcoverage.apple.com to make sure it wasn't in use... My serial came up as "We’re sorry, but this serial number isn’t valid." Which I read is what I want to happen.
I definitely don't want something to mess up my apple account...

I tried to logout of my account by going to System Pref > Apple ID > Overview > Sign Out, then rebooted and signed back in. It then let me into the Appstore again (but who knows for how long), but I still can't sign into iMessage or FaceTime...

Do I need to recreate a new config.plist with a new serial and UUID?
Should I "remove" this current machine from my account first? Never had this happen before.
You have the right idea. But first check if you have an Ethernet device en0:
  • System Information --> Network
Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 4.51.25 AM.png
If you don't have en0, stop and let us know.

If you have en0, then:
  1. Logout of iCloud
  2. Remove the machine from iCloud account (login via browser at iCloud.com)
  3. Reboot
  4. Log back into iCloud
If the problem with FaceTime and Messages persists, then try logging out of iCloud on other devices as well (iPhone, iPad, other Macs) and then log back into those same devices. Then repeat the above 4 steps on the Hackintosh.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Few more questions for my new build:

1. Can I re-enable SIP or will it break anything?

2. Do I re-enable SIP just by changing E7030000 to 00000000 in the NVRam > Add > csr-active-config section? Not sure if I'm supposed to do something else. Dortania's guide mentions something about the Delete section instead, but it confused me.

3. I want to use a 2nd SSD with Catalina installed (cloned from my working Catalina install) as a testing ground for different things so I don't break my main install. I followed the CCC backup in the guide to create it.
But in order to use the cloned SSD, should I redo its EFI config.plist and create a brand new UUID, serial, etc? Or can I use the same ones as my main install? I don't want to get my apple account in trouble.

Thanks!
Yes, SIP can be enabled. Simply change E7030000 to 00000000. Then perform Reset NVRAM at OpenCore Picker.

I am currently booting Catalina and Big Sur on the Vision D using the same EFI folder. So exactly the same configuration for both operating systems. No issue.