Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Thanks! Was trying to strike a balanced build for video editing, getting the most bang for the buck.

Looks like from the posts that CaseySJ and Ayvan there is probably very little performance gain I will get between i7 10700 vs i7 10700K.

Thanks All!

This is my best result with "advanced" CPU profile (auto-OC for multicore):

And two results I found on geekbench site:

vs best result 9155 on 10700

And you pay ~50 USD/EUR for it (diff between 10700 and 10700K prices). It may be good for multicore tasks.

Last edited:
Hi Casey.
If you have time, I need a hand ...

Hi @CaseySJ just got up and running with your guide and wanted to say thank you so much!

I'm running into issues with Sleep, I've narrowed it down to the Fenvi card - system seems to sleep normally with it unplugged.

Any ideas?

Hi @CaseySJ just got up and running with your guide and wanted to say thank you so much!

I'm running into issues with Sleep, I've narrowed it down to the Fenvi card - system seems to sleep normally with it unplugged.

Any ideas?
Hello @dranose,

Glad to hear it. Regarding sleep issues:
  • Does the system fail to enter sleep?
  • Does the system enter sleep, but wake up immediately?
  • Does the system enter sleep, but wake up after 30-40 seconds?
  • Does the system enter sleep, but wake up after 30-40 seconds and then go back to sleep normally after another 60 seconds?
  • What devices -- other than Fenvi -- are connected to the two internal USB 2.0 headers?

Hello @dranose,

Glad to hear it. Regarding sleep issues:
  • Does the system fail to enter sleep?
  • Does the system enter sleep, but wake up immediately?
  • Does the system enter sleep, but wake up after 30-40 seconds?
  • Does the system enter sleep, but wake up after 30-40 seconds and then go back to sleep normally after another 60 seconds?
  • What devices -- other than Fenvi -- are connected to the two internal USB 2.0 headers?
The system enters sleep, but is unable to power back on with moving the mouse or hitting a key (using usb keyboard and mouse connected to blue usb ports on mobo) - all LED's are off.

I have the Fenvi card connected to F_USB1 - tried switching it to F_USB2 - but same results...
Nothing else connected to the internal headers.

I want to add - I have the system outside of the case and jumping it manually (waiting for my case to arrive) - so no F_Panel connections are present - not sure if that makes a difference.

@CaseySJ I have one question. On my 4K monitor, on login screen (after system booted) resolution is 4K, but it scaled to "1920x1080-like" and user icons are enormous, but if I log in and then back to login screen - it scaled as I configured in display settings ("2560x1440-like"). Any ideas how to change scale on login screen? On Apple support pages they say "reset PRAM"))

@CaseySJ I have one question. On my 4K monitor, on login screen (after system booted) resolution is 4K, but it scaled to "1920x1080-like" and user icons are enormous, but if I log in and then back to login screen - it scaled as I configured in display settings ("2560x1440-like"). Any ideas how to change scale on login screen? On Apple support pages they say "reset PRAM"))
Do these screenshots from the OpenCore Journey help?
Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 4.36.21 PM.png

See UIScale: 02 is for HiDPI
Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 4.39.24 PM.png

Last edited:
Already max and UIScale 02 (was 01) - it not change login screen, only apple logo changed (it now like on FullHD screen, big, with UIScale 01 it was small).
A photo would help us to better understand the issue. Also note that OpenCanopy is still in development. New features will be coming. Proper scaling should also be coming.

Back