Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

The command to check for trim issues is (press CTRL-C if the log is long and the command is taking too much time):
Bash:
log show --last boot | grep "trims took"
This is what it generates on my system:
Bash:
% log show --last boot | grep "trims took"
...    kernel: (apfs) spaceman_scan_free_blocks:3293: disk5 scan took 1.798960 s, trims took 1.723631 s
...    kernel: (apfs) spaceman_scan_free_blocks:3293: disk3 scan took 2.592847 s, trims took 2.524236 s
We can see:
  • One drive took 1.723 seconds
  • One drive took 2.524 seconds
Here is the output of the command:
2023-03-01 22:11:07.473909+1100 0x391 Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (apfs) spaceman_scan_free_blocks:3293: disk3 scan took 10.374706 s, trims took 9.858492 s

2023-03-01 22:11:10.347228+1100 0x8f4 Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (apfs) spaceman_scan_free_blocks:3293: disk4 scan took 0.409658 s, trims took 0.286817 s

One disk took almost 10s

I've had similar problem with my Magic Keyboard/Trackpad from Ventura Beta to 13.2.1. This was somehow linked to DEXT for Intel I225 ethernet for my case. Disabling it by adding e1000=0 fixed it for me. This however is no longer an issue on Ventura 13.3.
Thank you @CaseySJ and @juseon123 for your inputs! Then, as it is not really a crucial problem for now and as it seems to be fixed in Ventura 13.3, I would patiently wait for the official release of this version. :)

@CaseySJ and others. For those of you guys having a loss of internet connectivity upon waking up (despite the NIC or wifi showing that you are connected), it looks like that I hve fixed the issue by deleting the netowrk profile associated to the adapter/network card used to connect to the internet then recreating one in the settings/preferences->network. It has been almost a week now and no loss of internet connectivity upon wake up or durng use and re-establishment of connectivity after wake up happened within 5s.

Hey @CaseySJ, with your flashed NVM 50 on the Vision D, does your boot time increase? I noticed that on my Vision D, with the Flashed Thunderbolt NVM, the system post time increases by about 20 seconds or so. Seems that the motherboard is trying to communicate with the thunderbolt controller during post... On stock NVM, boot time is shortened significantly.
Did you find a solution for this annoying long BIOS post?

Flashbacked to stock NVM. Titan Rridge can support the hubbing feature of Goshen Ridge docks with TB4, with up to 3 downstream tb devices. But the custom NVM did not support this feature, only the stock one did.

So with the long boot time and the loss of the hub support, I gave up on the custom NVM. But alas, my z490 is in retirement.

Last edited:
I had this exact same issue and never found a solution so I flashed back to stock firmware and boot time is back to normal speeds.

Cliff

Hi,
I installed the 13.3 Public beta 4 today and I lost both WiFi (I'm using an Apple WifiBluetooh card taken out of an old MacBook) and one of the 2 Ethernet ports (en0) which I think is the 2.5GbE LAN chip.
The other ethernet port seems to be working and a USB WiFI adapter is also working.

I probably need an updated kext of something but I'm not sure where to start.

I'm attaching my config.plist without serials. Running OC 0.8.9

Thanks
Miche

Attachments

• config no serial.plist
    31.1 KB · Views: 20
Hi,
I installed the 13.3 Public beta 4 today and I lost both WiFi (I'm using an Apple WifiBluetooh card taken out of an old MacBook) and one of the 2 Ethernet ports (en0) which I think is the 2.5GbE LAN chip.
The other ethernet port seems to be working and a USB WiFI adapter is also working.

I probably need an updated kext of something but I'm not sure where to start.

I'm attaching my config.plist without serials. Running OC 0.8.9

Thanks
Miche
Same for me. I've had to disable AppleVTD and go back to kext method to use I225 ethernet.

Looks like this issue is not present in Beta 2.

Last edited:
Same for me. I've had to disable AppleVTD and go back to kext method to use I225 ethernet.

@juseon123 Thanks!
Can you clarify what do you mean with "go back to kext method to use I225 ethernet" which kext do you use? IntelMausi?

@juseon123 Thanks!
Can you clarify what do you mean with "go back to kext method to use I225 ethernet" which kext do you use? IntelMausi?
- Add boot-arg e1000=0 to prevent DEXT from attaching to I225 ethernet.
- Inject AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext from macOS Monterey.

Back