Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hi everyone,

I updated today my system from Monterey to Ventura (13.2.1). Everything went well except... Bluetooth. :(

My problem looks like what has been already described on Monterey (although I never had any problem on Monterey): I need now to manually turn off and turn on my bluetooth keyboard, so that it gets recognized... I am not even talking about the sleep/wake stage here, the problem occurs after each restart (I guess the BTT tool workaround won't work in this case).

I tried to play with BlueToolFixup.kext and the XMC profile in the BIOS, but nothing helped unfortunately. I have OpenCore 0.8.9.

Did anyone come across this problem?

Hi everyone,

I updated today my system from Monterey to Ventura (13.2.1). Everything went well except... Bluetooth. :(

My problem looks like what has been already described on Monterey (although I never had any problem on Monterey): I need now to manually turn off and turn on my bluetooth keyboard, so that it gets recognized... I am not even talking about the sleep/wake stage here, the problem occurs after each restart (I guess the BTT tool workaround won't work in this case).

I tried to play with BlueToolFixup.kext and the XMC profile in the BIOS, but nothing helped unfortunately. I have OpenCore 0.8.9.

Did anyone come across this problem?

Hello,

1) Are you using the built-in Intel wireless or a Broadcom adapter?

2) Let us either see the EFI/OC/kexts folder or zip and upload the whole EFI so we can check it for you (remember to blank your serial-number for privacy reasons).

:)

Hello,

1) Are you using the built-in Intel wireless or a Broadcom adapter?

2) Let us either see the EFI/OC/kexts folder or zip and upload the whole EFI so we can check it for you (remember to blank your serial-number for privacy reasons).

1) Broadcom
2) Please find attached the zipped EFI

Thanks in advance for your help and quick response!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    14.1 MB · Views: 52
1) Broadcom
2) Please find attached the zipped EFI

Thanks in advance for your help and quick response!

Thank you.

Well, as you already know, you've got 19x USB ports configured. If we ignore that for a moment then I have to guess that the BT connection is HS11 or HS12 ?

Next, I see in config.plist that you currently have the BT kexts disabled. Depending on which Broadcom chipset you have you may need the firmware and patch enabled. However Apple native BCM chips do not. There have been stories that certain older BCM chips have now been deprecated in Ventura.

One test is to just enable BlueToolFixup.kext, and see where that gets you. (Perhaps try on a boot USB stick to avoid damaging your running system etc). You should see the BT device in System Report as "THIRD_PARTY_DONGLE".

I don't know if you still have the original motherboard Intel wirless card in place (AX201), but if you do then ensure the USB port the BT part of it uses is disabled, or this will conflict with the Broadcom one causing connection failure.

Hello @MacArthur,

OpenCore 2.67.0.0 supports Development Version of OC 0.8.9, which is good enough:
View attachment 564148
Regarding Intel WiFi in Ventura 13.3:
  • The latest alpha build on GitHub is 3 weeks old
  • Are you using that version?
  • Hopefully a new version will be posted soon

I went back to 22E5219e and will wait for Apple to go back to initial wifi management when 13.3 is release or to get an updated AirportItlwm kext.

Thank you.

Well, as you already know, you've got 19x USB ports configured. If we ignore that for a moment then I have to guess that the BT connection is HS11 or HS12 ?

Next, I see in config.plist that you currently have the BT kexts disabled. Depending on which Broadcom chipset you have you may need the firmware and patch enabled. However Apple native BCM chips do not. There have been stories that certain older BCM chips have now been deprecated in Ventura.

One test is to just enable BlueToolFixup.kext, and see where that gets you. (Perhaps try on a boot USB stick to avoid damaging your running system etc). You should see the BT device in System Report as "THIRD_PARTY_DONGLE".

I don't know if you still have the original motherboard Intel wirless card in place (AX201), but if you do then ensure the USB port the BT part of it uses is disabled, or this will conflict with the Broadcom one causing connection failure.

I actually already tried with BlueToolFixup.kext on, but as I mentioned earlier, that did not work out. :(

What I am wondering is: if that was a firmware/driver issue, would my apple keyboard be recognized after an off/on switch action? because this is how it behaves right now.

Moreover, I also have an additional Bluetooth apple trackpad, and with this one I have absolutely no recognition failure.

So IMHO this issue looks too specific to be fixed with a general Bluetooth patch activation. What do you think? Does this problem speak to some people?

I actually already tried with BlueToolFixup.kext on, but as I mentioned earlier, that did not work out. :(

What I am wondering is: if that was a firmware/driver issue, would my apple keyboard be recognized after an off/on switch action? because this is how it behaves right now.

Moreover, I also have an additional Bluetooth apple trackpad, and with this one I have absolutely no recognition failure.

So IMHO this issue looks too specific to be fixed with a general Bluetooth patch activation. What do you think? Does this problem speak to some people?

That's different then ...

If you have no issues with an Apple Trackpad, it sounds more like the keyboard itself is the issue.

Sorry I couldn't help.

The point is I had no issue at all before I updated to Ventura. :) The truth might be out there... o_O

No problem, I am very glad you tried :)

The point is I had no issue at all before I updated to Ventura. :) The truth might be out there... o_O

No problem, I am very glad you tried :)
Have you tried resetting NVRAM and re-pairing the keyboard?

The point is I had no issue at all before I updated to Ventura.
I've had similar problem with my Magic Keyboard/Trackpad from Ventura Beta to 13.2.1. This was somehow linked to DEXT for Intel I225 ethernet for my case. Disabling it by adding e1000=0 fixed it for me. This however is no longer an issue on Ventura 13.3.

Back