Graphics
R9 280
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

I have had a very stable z490 Vision D with a 6600 AMD card for the past two years. I have updated to the latest public release version of Ventura. One issue is that sometimes, when it goes to sleep, I cannot wake the machine back up. Has anyone experienced this? Never had this issue on any other Os's. I have a fully compatible Broadcom card and also all USB is mapped correctly.

Just wondering is this a Ventura bug? Also sometimes, when it comes back from sleep, Wifi is disabled, and I have got re-enable it.

Cliff

jaymonkey

Motherboard
GB Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9 10850K OC @ 5.2 GHz
Graphics
Vega 64 LC + HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
issue is that sometimes, when it goes to sleep, I cannot wake the machine back up. Has anyone experienced this? Never had this issue on any other Os's. I have a fully compatible Broadcom card and also all USB is mapped correctly.

@cliffDeane,

I have Gigabyte Z490 Vision G and have no problems with waking Ventura 13.0.1 from sleep.
Make sure you have SSDT-USBW if you want to wake via the keyboard.
I did, however, see this issue with Ventura 13.0.

The only real issue with Ventura Sleep is that it is no longer possible to disable scheduled power management wakes via the command sudo pmset -a tcpkeepalive 0, this issue is effecting Hackintosh systems and genuine Apple Mac's.

See this post for more info :-

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:

ffk

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If anyone has flashed F21 I'd be interested to hear about the experience with it.
It seems like a long time ago, but I looked back through my posts and back in August 2022 I had issues with selecting GPUs and turned out to be CSM Support... at any rate... while going through all that I did a BIOS flash (which I now know was unnecessary), and, not paying attention, I went to F21. The flash worked fine. I haven't noticed any out of the ordinary things. Aside from things screwing up because I messed with something, this build as been very good.

I may have tried sleep once or twice, and it rebooted. I believe that was before the BIOS flash. I never use sleep, so I didn't bother to look into it.

@trs96, Is there something in particular you want me to check?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i7-10700KF
Graphics
RX 580
Hey everyone - reaching out in case anyone has experienced something similar...

Extracting .zip's using macOS Archive Utility (or a third party app like Keka) is nightmarishly slow for me. Like a fairly small 500MB ZIP file can take 4-5mins to extract, and during this time my system goes fairly unresponsive, like any other task is sent to the back of the queue.

Problem has persisted from Catalina through to Monterey, and OC 0.7.4 through 0.8.3. Any CPU settings I could try and tweak in BIOS?

Thanks for any ideas out there!

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone - reaching out in case anyone has experienced something similar...

Extracting .zip's using macOS Archive Utility (or a third party app like Keka) is nightmarishly slow for me. Like a fairly small 500mb ZIP file can take 4-5mins to extract, and during this time my system goes fairly unresponsive, like any other task is sent to the back of the queue.

Problem has persisted from Catalina through to Monterey, and OC 0.7.4 through 0.8.3. Any CPU settings I could try and tweak in BIOS?

Thanks for any ideas out there!
Could this be due to one or more SSDs filling up?

Are all file operations slow or only extracting of Zips, and only when using the built-in macOS unarchiver?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
OpenCore Configurator 2.65.0.0 is now available. Please set it to "0.8.7 Release Configuration".

Motherboard
Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero
CPU
i7-7700k 4.2GHz
Graphics
Intel 630 HD
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Wow -- you guys are good! This firmware update for the i225-V works beautifully.
  • AppleVTD needs to be enabled.
  • To get 2.5Gbps we need to set DeviceProperties as shown below.
As mentioned previously, Google for "i225-Vmod.zip", click on the result, and translate the webpage to your native language. Then feel free to ask any questions here.
View attachment 545559View attachment 545560View attachment 545561View attachment 545562
Would anybody share i225-Vmod.zip, pretty please?
I need it sooo bad and can't find this file anywhere on the web.
Thanks in advance.

jaymonkey

Motherboard
GB Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9 10850K OC @ 5.2 GHz
Graphics
Vega 64 LC + HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Would anybody share i225-Vmod.zip

See my post at the top of the previous page :-

Cheers
Jay

Motherboard
Gygabite Vision D Z490
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
OpenCore Configurator 2.65.0.0 is now available. Please set it to "0.8.7 Release Configuration".
Hi, @CaseySJ! I tried to use your guide for Thunderbolt Bus Activation but links are broken with this message "Oops! We ran into some problems"

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
R9 280
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@cliffDeane,

I have Gigabyte Z490 Vision G and have no problems with waking Ventura 13.0.1 from sleep.
Make sure you have SSDT-USBW if you want to wake via the keyboard.
I did, however, see this issue with Ventura 13.0.

The only real issue with Ventura Sleep is that it is no longer possible to disable scheduled power management wakes via the command sudo pmset -a tcpkeepalive 0, this issue is effecting Hackintosh systems and genuine Apple Mac's.

See this post for more info :-

Cheers
Jay
Hi jay,

Thank you for your input. I have tried those suggestions. My issue is not it waking from sleep randomly. It's that it just won't wake from sleep at all. (I also had the SSDT-USBW present as suggested)

I also have a Z490 Asus prime A build and that build has no issues. It also has " tcpkeepalive" present in the when I put "pmset -g" into terminal.

The only difference I have with both builds is that my z490 Vision D has kext less USB mapping as I did it via ACPI.
My other build uses a kext only for USB mapping. I really don't think that could be the issue as this has worked flawless since Big Sur.

Might you or anyone else have some more suggestions to solve this and help me out?

Cliff