Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Other
Good day I have searched and realize that the Gaming X board has been successful however didn't realize when I was ordering that the gaming X AX was different enough to not work using the method laid out by user of Gaming X. I created installer using OpenCore following the vanilla guide, however now that I am trying to install I get USB errors then a kernel panic I am seeking any assistance or guidance with this specific motherboard as I have a working Hack based on Haswell that's running Monterey but this new build is proving different.

Good day I have searched and realize that the Gaming X board has been successful however didn't realize when I was ordering that the gaming X AX was different enough to not work using the method laid out by user of Gaming X. I created installer using OpenCore following the vanilla guide, however now that I am trying to install I get USB errors then a kernel panic I am seeking any assistance or guidance with this specific motherboard as I have a working Hack based on Haswell that's running Monterey but this new build is proving different.
your nvidia card is not supported

Looks like the only difference between the X and AX is the inclusion of Intel wireless and BT.

The guide you have for the simpler X should work, then you can activate wireless later.

Let us know more. Upload a photo of "verbose" booting where it stops, or upload your EFI (minus serial numbers etc).

Ok thanks for your replies so far I have tried using a Gaming X EFI folder with different serial numbers etc and it seems to panic after failing to create AppleUSBHost PORTsays persistent enumeration failures then I get a garbled screen with the prohibited sign in the middle.

Attachments

• 20220908_180619.jpg
    20220908_180619.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 32
Ok thanks for your replies so far I have tried using a Gaming X EFI folder with different serial numbers etc and it seems to panic after failing to create AppleUSBHost PORTsays persistent enumeration failures then I get a garbled screen with the prohibited sign in the middle.
USB issue

try different ports on your motherboard

use a USB2.0 device

What is causing that error is probably the USB port you are using to install from, becoming deactivated during the boot cycle. The give-away is the last line error-message: "Still waiting for Root Device", although it appears garbled here.

To fix this will depend on what, if anything, you've done to configure USB ports.

Start by using a .... Just seen @Feartech has beaten me to it!

:)

Back