Contribute
Register

Gigabyte z490 Gaming X AX build kernel panics

Ok so progress report I was finally able to install Monterey using the advise of plugging the usb into a usb 2 port. Now comes the hard part of trying to get the wireless to work then once all is good I will copy the EFI to the machine. Thank you so far.

I have Monterey installed on my Pc successfuly, upgrade from Catalina actually. But some of the USB ports don't work. I used USBMAP and was able to activate some of the ports. But there are ports I couldn't activate it.

Wondering how to T/S this? Thanks.

I have Monterey installed on my Pc successfuly, upgrade from Catalina actually. But some of the USB ports don't work. I used USBMAP and was able to activate some of the ports. But there are ports I couldn't activate it.

Wondering how to T/S this? Thanks.
Try adding SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml and SSDT-UIAC.aml, enable USBInjectAll.kext and disable XHCIPortLimit and your USBMap.kext and redo the ports. That should allow you to re-detect them a lot better.

I downloaded your EFI for Monterey. Couldn't see the SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml in the ACPI folder. Am I missing anything? Thanks.
Right. Here try this. It's found in the OC Release > Binaries folder.

Attachments

• SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml
    252 bytes · Views: 25
hi i am going to do a frensh instal with big surf for the first time on opencore i have
the z490 gaming x ax, i9-10900, Radeon RX Vega 56. Any advice is going to be appreciated.
did you map the usb on this board? how the efi form the z490 x work , did you get everything to work

Ok so progress report I was finally able to install Monterey using the advise of plugging the usb into a usb 2 port. Now comes the hard part of trying to get the wireless to work then once all is good I will copy the EFI to the machine. Thank you so far.
Hi, I have the same MB with an i9 10900
Would you share your EFI folder?
Do you have a walkthrough of the
Installation?

Thanks and all the best

Back