Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro Ax + i9-10805K + 5700 XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
i see, thanks for reply and by any chance is any DRM contents works for you like Apple TV app etc with that config of yours ?

I have not tried Apple TV and Airdrop.

How to disable the internal wifi & bluetooth if already got the native wifi/bluetooth card.

I have this same board and a Sapphire RX580 video card. I can make the installer USB with OC 0.6.5 and your EFI folder and I can boot to the graphical menu. When I choose "Install macOS Big Sur" I get the Apple logo and the machine reboots after a few seconds. Then it's in a loop. The installer USB boots, shows the Apple logo, and reboots again.

I'm afraid I'm stuck. Any ideas?

One "complaint" on OC is that it seems like I need to have macOS installed on my hack in order to run OpenCore Configurator to determine the PCI ids of my hardware. This is a Catch-22.

FWIW - I'm making the USB installer on my MBP.

You can try this version!

Attachments

• OC 0.6.0.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 55
Can you just use the integrated graphics on the motherboard?

Last edited:
I tried the OC 0.60 and after I select "Install" I get the Apple logo then the install fails with a startup error. The icon is the circle with a slash through it.

As I am new to OC should I have an SMBIOS.plist somewhere? Which Mac model should it be based on? Should the values be stored in the config.plist file?

I tried the OC 0.60 and after I select "Install" I get the Apple logo then the install fails with a startup error. The icon is the circle with a slash through it.

As I am new to OC should I have an SMBIOS.plist somewhere? Which Mac model should it be based on? Should the values be stored in the config.plist file?
you can still add -v to boot arguments to see the issue.....

After adding -v to the boot args the only output I was able to capture is in the attached photo. The messages appear shortly after selecting to "Install Big Sur" and the computer reboots after displaying the errors.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 64
After adding -v to the boot args the only output I was able to capture is in the attached photo. The messages appear shortly after selecting to "Install Big Sur" and the computer reboots after displaying the errors.

Hi there.

As you have a new motherboard and an RX580 by the sound of it, please update your profile. Otherwise people may get confused trying to help you :thumbup:

Okay, did you follow our Beta guide to create your installer?

If so it sounds like perhaps the USB port you are using is becoming deactivated during the boot sequence. Try another, perhaps the red port above the USB-C port. Basically port number 1 as far as Gigabyte is concerned, stays live during boot to allow access to the BIOS etc. You just have to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back