Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Gigabyte Z390 UD Only 7Mb UHD630 Mojave 10.14.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello - For those who have gotten the Gigabyte Z390 UD working, what bios rev are you using? I upgraded my board to the lastest version, which was F10a, then tried F9. I can't even boot off a USB drive to start the install. I see kernal panics. Tried vanilla and unibeast but no luck and various EFI folders, but can't get it to even get me to the macos install point from the usb drive. Tried USB2 hubs, various ports, usb2 and usb3 drives, no luck.

I will get back to you in a few, about to boot up.

Hello - For those who have gotten the Gigabyte Z390 UD working, what bios rev are you using? I upgraded my board to the lastest version, which was F10a, then tried F9. I can't even boot off a USB drive to start the install. I see kernal panics. Tried vanilla and unibeast but no luck and various EFI folders, but can't get it to even get me to the macos install point from the usb drive. Tried USB2 hubs, various ports, usb2 and usb3 drives, no luck.
I’m on F6 from 1 year ago.
This mobo was tricky but I never contemplated upgrading the firmware.

usb is still an issue for pre-install you will have to figure the best ports near the Ethernet port. Some will work some will not.

also we were all recommended by the buying guide but not given a guide for this setup.

I did not use unibeast or anything like that.
I used configurator

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 73
Also make sure you do not install to Catalina or your hdmi may report no signal to your tv. I’m stuck in Mojave until they fix it but from what I can tell the system updated went through all automatic but I had to time machine back out.

Ok, I had rolled back to F6 after I posted for help. I am still having issues even booting from the USB drive. There is an EFI folder in the second or third post of this thread, is that what you are using? If I just copy that whole folder onto my USB drive(in the EFI partition), should I expect it to boot?

Can you post your EFI folder? I am using intel UD 630 graphics with an i5 9400, no dedicated graphics card. It seems most setups are using a dedicated graphics card. Maybe that is why I am having so many issues because I am just using the intel graphics.

Last edited:
this can be fixed using iMac19,1.

i have a gigabyte z390 ud board (f9 bios), along with an i5-8400 cpu and uhd 630 and that fixed it for me.

Hi lylylyly - I believe you have the exact same setup as me. Can you post your EFI?

Hi lylylyly - I believe you have the exact same setup as me. Can you post your EFI?
If this doesn't work out let me know. I am using a dedicated graphics card. If I post my EFI, my iMessage stuff might break and that crap took forever to get working. I will be happy to upload if it helps.

If this doesn't work out let me know. I am using a dedicated graphics card. If I post my EFI, my iMessage stuff might break and that crap took forever to get working. I will be happy to upload if it helps.

I think the key to posting your EFI is to clear out the number that is unique to your iMessage before you post it up. Then anyone who uses it just hits that generate new button in clover configurator. I'm not sure what you call it, but it's in the SMBIOS area as it I am still pretty new to this. Please post it if you can, not sure if lylylyly is still paying attention to this thread. Did yours work without a graphics card? If so, when you added in your dedicated graphics, did you change anything in your EFI?

This is what I see in verbose mode using aquilaa's EFI and Mac OS 10.14.6 installed using unibeast to a USB 3.0 drive. I can't get to the startup screen to install Mojave. Doesn't seem to matter what port I use. I do see this other message before I get to the clover screen about block device not supported. See pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_7791.JPG
    IMG_7791.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_9493.JPG
    IMG_9493.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 89
Well guys - Got it all working somehow. I took aquilaa's EFI, then I reinstalled the clover package on top of it. That didn't work, but saw some error that I looked up that had me check a couple options about USB in the clover configurator(injust usb and fix ownership). Then I saw something about the SMC, so I noticed I had fake and virtual SMC installed, removed virtual SMC and all the sudden things started working. We installed Mojave on our NVMe drive and even got the EFI onto it so that it boots without the USB. The sad thing is I have no idea why it is working all the sudden, but I am happy. Ethernet and our USB ports are working, so for what we need it for(my son to play around with), that is good enough for now.

Well guys - Got it all working somehow. I took aquilaa's EFI, then I reinstalled the clover package on top of it. That didn't work, but saw some error that I looked up that had me check a couple options about USB in the clover configurator(injust usb and fix ownership). Then I saw something about the SMC, so I noticed I had fake and virtual SMC installed, removed virtual SMC and all the sudden things started working. We installed Mojave on our NVMe drive and even got the EFI onto it so that it boots without the USB. The sad thing is I have no idea why it is working all the sudden, but I am happy. Ethernet and our USB ports are working, so for what we need it for(my son to play around with), that is good enough for now.

Glad you got it working.

I would assume that all motherboards experience this same problem? or maybe we just picked one that wasn't documented very well on here - or tested at all :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back