Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Hey, I upgraded my Graphics card from RX570 to RX5700, Opencore doesn't want to boot even wit bootarg agdpmod=pikera (black screen after Mac OS Booting)
but Clover is working just fine, thanks for that.
Any Idea what could prevent booting with Opencore? If not I will stick to Clover for the time :)

But another Problem is that I don't have any temps and fan sensors working for the RX5700, what can I do to get it working?

Had to Reset NVRAM, after that my Opencore is booting just fine with the new RX5700...

Sleep still not working but different behaviour: Mac doesn't freeze anymore, but immediately wakes up again from sleep

LOG:

2020-04-16 11:08:11.280087+0200 localhost powerd[128]: [powerd:sleepWake] Wake reason: "<private>" identity: "<private>"

@ Pastrychef

I noticed in your config.plist, you have the properties of PCI devices defined. I am seeing a few items that aren't defined, would you be kind enough to advise how to find the address of these devices?
Also my BCM4360 is installed on PCI slot 4, instead of your slot 3. What PCI address should I use?

Thanks in advance.

By the way, just to report back that I am using 9400F (no iGPU) on SMBIOS 19,1 without issues, which your instruction seems to suggest otherwise.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 7.59.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 7.59.38 PM.png
    314.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 8.03.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 8.03.49 PM.png
    238.6 KB · Views: 70
And I have another problem DisplayPort Audio is just working after I disconnect and reconnect the Monitor cable on the RX5700 ... any idea how I can fix that, because its quite annoying...
Man these RX5700 have quite a lot of problems with Hackintosh :(

Had to Reset NVRAM, after that my Opencore is booting just fine with the new RX5700...

Sleep still not working but different behaviour: Mac doesn't freeze anymore, but immediately wakes up again from sleep

LOG:

2020-04-16 11:08:11.280087+0200 localhost powerd[128]: [powerd:sleepWake] Wake reason: "<private>" identity: "<private>"

I don't know what <private> is... In post #901, it looks like it may be due to USB. Try with no USB devices connected except keyboard/mouse.

@ Pastrychef

I noticed in your config.plist, you have the properties of PCI devices defined. I am seeing a few items that aren't defined, would you be kind enough to advise how to find the address of these devices?
Also my BCM4360 is installed on PCI slot 4, instead of your slot 3. What PCI address should I use?

Thanks in advance.

By the way, just to report back that I am using 9400F (no iGPU) on SMBIOS 19,1 without issues, which your instruction seems to suggest otherwise.

Yes, I left the normal stuff in there. I you don't have the devices installed, it won't do any harm.

You can re-do it all if you like. Instructions are on post #3 of this thread. "How to populate System Information > PCI".

And I have another problem DisplayPort Audio is just working after I disconnect and reconnect the Monitor cable on the RX5700 ... any idea how I can fix that, because its quite annoying...
Man these RX5700 have quite a lot of problems with Hackintosh :(

You can try with WhateverGreen disabled. WhateverGreen was causing HDMI audio problems for me too and I've disabled it since macOS 10.15.4. You can also try a higher quality HDMI cable.

Yes, the RX 5700s are a bit more trouble than Vega and Radeon VII...

Yes, I left the normal stuff in there. I you don't have the devices installed, it won't do any harm.

You can re-do it all if you like. Instructions are on post #3 of this thread. "How to populate System Information > PCI".

Didn't realise these links in post #3 were clickable when I read them the first time around. Thanks so much, all the devices are now with the correct System Information labels.

You can try with WhateverGreen disabled. WhateverGreen was causing HDMI audio problems for me too and I've disabled it since macOS 10.15.4. You can also try a higher quality HDMI cable.

Yes, the RX 5700s are a bit more trouble than Vega and Radeon VII...
Thanks will try, but how can I disable whatever green? Just remove the Kext?

edit: guess boot_arg
  • -wegoff to disable WhateverGreen.
is the right way

Thanks will try, but how can I disable whatever green? Just remove the Kext?

edit: guess boot_arg
  • -wegoff to disable WhateverGreen.
is the right way

Just delete if from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

No need to add any boot-args.

• iMacPro1,1 system definition is used.
  • IGPU can be enabled in BIOS so that Quick Sync is available for apps such as FCPX. Enabling IGPU in BIOS is optional. However, be warned, enabling IGPU may cause problems booting at times. In my experience, switching back and forth between Clover and OpenCore can cause this to happen, so I suggest picking one bootloader and sticking with it. If/when this happens, clearing CMOS will fix it.

I noticed this a while ago when you wrote this guide, then the other day I read somewhere someone said that to get proper rendering on their Vega they had to enable IGPU with iMac Pro 1,1. I never felt like my Vega was being used at least that what the activity monitor said and the cpu use always went up. Today I set up a device property to inject the IGPU rebooted and enabled it "no WEG". Seems like DRM works at least in Appletv app, Netflix and Hulu seem to work in my browser along with HBO. But the real reason for the test was to check for hardware usage. Checked videoproc it lists the IGPU but all the activity takes place on the DGPU. Even the CPU just kind of sits around and does nothing. That was not the case before. You may have already knew this.

Back