Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

What happens when you try to boot with OpenCore?

Both my OpenCore and Clover EFIs are set up the same way. Neither has anything that affects GPU or IGPU besides WhateverGreen. I prefer to allow macOS to detect and configure things automatically than to force settings. This usually yields the highest level of compatibility.

As far as I know, VirtualSMC doesn't have any sensors for GPU. FakeSMC did have some sensors. However, if you switch to FakeSMC, it may break FileVault.

I can boot, enter my FileVault key and then I see the normal boot screen (White Bar filling up) after that my display goes black comes back and stays black. I get signal from my Hackintosh, but the screen is just black. Tried all Ports 3DP's and 1 HDMI all the same.
Interesting because my RX570 had this Sensors working with VirtualSMC... mh have FileVault active, so I should disable that first before testing out FakeSMC? Just replace all VirtualSMC Kext with FakeSMC kext? and reboot?

I can boot, enter my FileVault key and then I see the normal boot screen (White Bar filling up) after that my display goes black comes back and stays black. I get signal from my Hackintosh, but the screen is just black. Tried all Ports 3DP's and 1 HDMI all the same.
Interesting because my RX570 had this Sensors working with VirtualSMC... mh have FileVault active, so I should disable that first before testing out FakeSMC? Just replace all VirtualSMC Kext with FakeSMC kext? and reboot?

Hmm... I don't know why the screen stays black. The agdp=pikera boot-arg should get video back... Double check that you typed in the boot-arg correctly.

Yes. If you want to try with FakeSMC, try on a backup with FileVault disabled. I don't know if FileVault will work correctly with FakeSMC.

Yes, just replace the VirtualSMC kexts (including the sensors) with the FakeSMC kexts.

Hmm... I don't know why the screen stays black. The agdp=pikera boot-arg should get video back... Double check that you typed in the boot-arg correctly.

Yes. If you want to try with FakeSMC, try on a backup with FileVault disabled. I don't know if FileVault will work correctly with FakeSMC.

Yes, just replace the VirtualSMC kexts (including the sensors) with the FakeSMC kexts.
Just to be clear, I put the agdp=pikera boot-arg under "NVRAM-Add-7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82-boot-args" or am I at the wrong spot ?!

Just to be clear, I put the agdp=pikera boot-arg under "NVRAM-Add-7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82-boot-args" or am I at the wrong spot ?!

Yes. That's the correct spot.

... I also have an USB Audio Interface which is not working correctly, its sizzling and making weird audio artifacts when i turn on my studio monitors. I already read the whole thread and searched if someone has similar problems. There was one guy with the same problem. Is it still "best practice" to just buy an USB PCIe card? Or is there already a workaround?

So i bought an USB PCIe card, plugged it in, but still getting the same weird noises. So maybe some configurations for the OS are missing. Any ideas what i could do?

So i bought an USB PCIe card, plugged it in, but still getting the same weird noises. So maybe some configurations for the OS are missing. Any ideas what i could do?

The only thing that I think can possibly affect this is overclocking and/or XMP. Try testing with stock CPU frequencies and XMP disabled.

I have one problem, whening macOS boot, in the middle of loading, screen all black and video comeback after 2-3s, I want fix

Maybe video port change or other.., have you idea ?
@pastrychef

its seems like with the new graphics card (rx5700) sleep is no longer working, the system turns of then immediately on again and the whole system freezes :(
any idea what I could do to fix it ?

its seems like with the new graphics card (rx5700) sleep is no longer working, the system turns of then immediately on again and the whole system freezes :(
any idea what I could do to fix it ?

Please enter the following in Terminal and post the output:
Code:
log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"

that's the time when it happens:

2020-04-15 20:47:53.681218+0200 localhost powerd[128]: [powerd:sleepWake] Wake reason: "<private>" identity: "<private>"

2020-04-15 20:54:13.167459+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: XDCI CNVW

2020-04-15 20:54:13.167460+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: XDCI CNVW

Back