Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Thanks mate. Components arrive Saturday. I can't wait. Built a PC for a friend last week using this board and WD SN500 NVME SSD, that is what is costing me money. Not used NVME before, man it flies!

Quick question, do you know what the bits in red circle below are?
View attachment 463763
Hope you don't mind if I come back to you for help when components arrive, I'll use your guide but sure I'll get stuck at least once
wifi antennas

Hi, quick question @pastrychef - my components are arriving soon, getting prepared. Your USB kext, I read that you excluded thunderbolt to have 100% USB available I think, which of the internal USB headers are excluded in your kext and could you show me where on the board they are? Obviously I haven't mapped them as I don't have the board yet, if you have the map as well even better!

Hi, quick question @pastrychef - my components are arriving soon, getting prepared. Your USB kext, I read that you excluded thunderbolt to have 100% USB available I think, which of the internal USB headers are excluded in your kext and could you show me where on the board they are? Obviously I haven't mapped them as I don't have the board yet, if you have the map as well even better!

Both ports on F_USB2 are disabled.
One of the ports on F_USB1 is disabled. The other port on F_USB1 is used by BlueTooth.
USB port associated with the CNVi slot is disabled.

Everything else is enabled.

Both ports on F_USB2 are disabled.
One of the ports on F_USB1 is disabled. The other port on F_USB1 is used by BlueTooth.
USB port associated with the CNVi slot is disabled.

Everything else is enabled.
Thank you my friend. F_USB1 can you recall if it is top or bottom row that is disabled, if you were looking at the board face on with those ports at the bottom

Thank you my friend. F_USB1 can you recall if it is top or bottom row that is disabled, if you were looking at the board face on with those ports at the bottom

Just look at the first image on post #1. All the connectors are labeled.

Just look at the first image on post #1. All the connectors are labeled.
Yes, I know that. The question was which row of F_USB1 was disabled, “One of the ports on F_USB1 is disabled”

Not hard for me to find out, I’ll just plug in and see which row works, 50/50 chance of success. I was just wondering if you remembered top or bottom

Yes, I know that. The question was which row of F_USB1 was disabled, “One of the ports on F_USB1 is disabled”

Not hard for me to find out, I’ll just plug in and see which row works, 50/50 chance of success. I was just wondering if you remembered top or bottom

The even numbered port is enabled and the odd numbered port is disabled.

If your Thunderbolt card is showing RP05, I have a patch for you. You can always go into the SSDT and do a Find/Replace of RP05 for whatever RP your Thunderbolt is currently showing in i/o Reg. You can also find Titan and replace with Alpine. Here ya' go:

Attachments

• SSDT-Z390_RP05-TB3HP.aml
    5.7 KB · Views: 68
Having a bit of a nightmare, cannot get to post. Four long beeps and one short beep. Is that a RAM issue? I purchased RAM on the Gigabyte list for this board, Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3000 MHz C15 XMP 2.0. Can anyone help?

Having a bit of a nightmare, cannot get to post. Four long beeps and one short beep. Is that a RAM issue? I purchased RAM on the Gigabyte list for this board, Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3000 MHz C15 XMP 2.0. Can anyone help?

Here's the most relevant thing I could find for 4 long and 1 short...

I would say try booting with one stick of RAM at a time.

Back