Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

45K withoutWG and 47K with WG enabled. I installed the AML and I put in the power table from the config. so I have to do something in the config to use the aml and make it load? I just dumped it in the folder with the other ones.

1. If you are using a Radeon VII, grab the SSDT from post #860. If you are on Navi or Vega, grab the appropriate SSDT from the other thread.
  2. Put it in /EFI/OC/ACPI/.
  3. Enable the SSDT in config.plist > ACPI > Add.

Can you explain me what the best between clover and OpenCore ? in stability, performance and future (update, project closed)

Can you explain me what the best between clover and OpenCore ? in stability, performance and future (update, project closed)

I kind of explained in post #3...

Both work. I can't tell any difference in macOS performance when booted from either, so, as far as I can tell, both work equally as well in terms of stability and performance.

Configuring OpenCore is a bit more of a pain and it is less forgiving of mistakes. This is why I still recommend Clover for beginners.

Moving forward, it appears that OpenCore will supplant Clover as the de facto standard for hackintoshing. The team behind OpenCore are responsible for most of the kexts/drivers required by modern hackintoshes. Some of these drivers are already getting integrated in to OpenCore itself. This means that Clover users may be stuck with older versions.

@pastrychef just as a point of reference I'm getting 54108 on my system with the Vega 64 8GB card and the 9900K
while the Radeon VII system with the Gigabyte board and the 9900KF is her 47K at best. and the system just is sluggish as well and often times will even drop frames and audio watching video. often types the cursor/and or keyboard input will completely stop. some times for half a second sometimes for 10-12 seconds. Not seeing any heat issues isn intel power gadget. Will try to add lines for enabling the SSDT. But right now it is completely useless I had to go back to the Vega based system just to get some work done. If the SSDT doesn't fix things gonna do a fresh ground up wipe the bios install. And hope that I can get it sorted out if it persists I will have to try swapping the video cards, ram, and CPU one at a time with the other system and see if I can track down the source.

@pastrychef just as a point of reference I'm getting 54108 on my system with the Vega 64 8GB card and the 9900K
while the Radeon VII system with the Gigabyte board and the 9900KF is her 47K at best. and the system just is sluggish as well and often times will even drop frames and audio watching video. often types the cursor/and or keyboard input will completely stop. some times for half a second sometimes for 10-12 seconds. Not seeing any heat issues isn intel power gadget. Will try to add lines for enabling the SSDT. But right now it is completely useless I had to go back to the Vega based system just to get some work done. If the SSDT doesn't fix things gonna do a fresh ground up wipe the bios install. And hope that I can get it sorted out if it persists I will have to try swapping the video cards, ram, and CPU one at a time with the other system and see if I can track down the source.

My system with Vega is busy and I haven't been able to do any tests on it...

Not sure why your 9900KF system is performing so poorly. Mine has been rock solid since getting NVRAM working.

I upgrade my GPU from a RX 580 to RX 5700 XT on Gigabyte Z390m Gaming, i7-9700K, 32GB RAM and Catalina 10.15.4. After upgrading, iGPU and RX 5700 XT do not work together. Are there any fixes?

I upgrade my GPU from a RX 580 to RX 5700 XT on Gigabyte Z390m Gaming, i7-9700K, 32GB RAM and Catalina 10.15.4. After upgrading, iGPU and RX 5700 XT do not work together. Are there any fixes?
I had a lot of trouble with the RX 5700 XT main with regard to it freezing up. I had iGPU disabled.

My system with Vega is busy and I haven't been able to do any tests on it...

Not sure why your 9900KF system is performing so poorly. Mine has been rock solid since getting NVRAM working.
Another thing I started noticing was that simple programs that used to start like instantly now started taking a long time to start on the system as well. For instance on my Vega64/i9K machine 1Password starts in a fraction of a second. However, on the VII/i9KF machine it would sometime take 10-12 seconds to start. and not just the first time. There is defiantly something going on. But things like running Blackmagic speed test on the Samsung 970 shows it is fine. The whole thing has me baffled. And it was performing great I don't know what changed.

I don't know. What happens with IGPU enabled?

when enabled I get blank screen and no HDMI audio

Back