Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

OK, so after 20 or so reboots, the layout ID that has the least compromise is 18.
The rear green, orange and black jacks are equivalent outputs, which is nice to have.
The rear pink mic input works, but if you have something plugged into the front combo jack it switches to that(might not be a problem if you don't have combo jack).
Pictures included with the layout.

Cheers

View attachment 461842View attachment 461843

This motherboard does in fact have digital out. They just didn't include the jacks for digital out... You need to purchase the jacks separately.
Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 2.14.42 PM.png
You will need something like the following:
s-l1600.jpg
Search eBay for "spdif audio cable gigabyte" to find it.

No, I do not include the Power Tables to the posted EFIs because (1) my tweaks may not work for everyone, (2) my tweaks can cause instability, and (3) not everyone is using a Radeon VII.
Can I get a copy of yours?

Try this.

Attachments

• config.plist
    29.4 KB · Views: 47
Can I get a copy of yours?

I can not restart my hack at the moment... If you have time, can you please try with the following settings and see what you get from Geekbench compute? Please try from USB flash drive in case it's a complete failure and you can't boot.

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 2.57.59 PM.png

ehh I'm using this one for work right now so I can really rest it going down. so I will wait till you get yours sorted out. Also I'm not using Clover I'm using you latest OC version 5.7 I think it is.

Okay then... It'll be a few days before I can do a restart...

I can not restart my hack at the moment... If you have time, can you please try with the following settings and see what you get from Geekbench compute? Please try from USB flash drive in case it's a complete failure and you can't boot.

View attachment 462016

Holy smokes!!!

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 10.33.29 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 12.38.02 AM.png

Araguaia and Zutia can both work with Radeon VII. I don't know which is better or if either has issues. I haven't done enough testing.

Kamarang and Iriri can both work with Vega 56/64.

On Clover, these framebuffers can be injected via config.plist or SSDT can be used. On OpenCore, SSDTs must be used. Please see here for more info.

Attachments

• SSDT-Radeon VII-Araguaia.aml
    460 bytes · Views: 55
Last edited:
Pastrychef hoping you can help me . I have tried everything to get sleep to work on my build including moving from Clover to Opencore. Sleep works great on Windows but not Catalina.I have a Asus Z390 , I 9900K and Vega 64 . I have attached my EFI and also the error log to see if you can help me find an answer.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2 MB · Views: 53
  • Panic.zip
    6.6 KB · Views: 43
Back