Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Could be AppleHDA perhaps. AppleALC certainly has hooks into it see here . At line #704 there are two patches that hook in. (Yes, lockdown is making me read crazy stuff!)

As to why HDMI audio is working without any kexts at all, points back to AppleHDA and as @jbarnette says above :thumbup:

The PCH audio is the motherboard audio.
Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 4.31.32 PM.png

If you look at the older methods to enable HDMI audio, toleda only mentioned Lilu and WhateverGreen.
Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 4.34.15 PM.png

I'm new to the hackintosh world, this is my second installation. The first was with the Mojave, and now I'm at Catalina 10.15.4. I've made some progress, and I didn't have everything working perfectly. In the last attempt, I used the EFI folder of this post and entered my serial number information and onboard video configuration, using Intel UHD 630 with 1536MB.
I realized that, in the system information, it appears as if my machine had only one memory slot. My card is exactly like the one on the post. Here are my settings:
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming (Bios F9G)
Intel Core i5-9600K
16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 2666MHz
NVMe Adata Xpg Gammix S11 Pro 512GB
HDD 500GB WD Caviar Blue 3.5
HDD 500GB WD Caviar Blue 2.5
HDD 2TB Hitachi 3.5
Water cooler Cooler Master 120MM

The 2 500GB hard drives are part of a raid created by the disk utility, and I use them on the time machine.

What should I change in the settings so that I can show the 4 slots in the system information again?
I also noticed that in the NVMe tab, it shows how generic SSD controller, and I've seen some setups where it shows Apple SSD controller. (I don't know if this is just cosmetic or changes something.)
When using Mac fans control, I noticed that it doesn't recognize the coolers and the wate rcooler.
This is more, I would like help from friends of the forum, to see if my config plist is correct or if it needs improvement. I'm learning a lot from the forum, but I'm new to this area and I have a lot to learn here.
I thank you all. Sorry for my bad English. I'm using Google translator.

I don't know why your RAM slots don't show up. I never had to do anything for them be shown correctly. Maybe you can try disabling XMP to see if it makes any difference.

The "generic" thing for NVMe is cosmetic. Don't worry about it.

As far as I know Mac Fans Control will not work. The system fans are controlled via BIOS only. If you want to change fan behavior, do it in BIOS.

I made a few minor changes to your config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    15 KB · Views: 50
The PCH audio is the motherboard audio.
View attachment 459927

If you look at the older methods to enable HDMI audio, toleda only mentioned Lilu and WhateverGreen.
View attachment 459929

So what do the patches do for the 300-Series? As it is under 'codec support' I assumed it routed CPU iGPU audio, but then began to wonder is it there to support all the other Realtek codecs? But why? ... If I'm way out, forgive me. This is just a train-of-thought thing right now.

@toleda (we need this guy back, right now!) did used to have a large Clover script for this. It was in "deprecated methods" I think, instead of a kext. So I guessed it patched somehow.

Any how, sorry for interrupting the flow here. Interesting subject I don't know enough about yet. :thumbup:

So what do the patches do for the 300-Series? As it is under 'codec support' I assumed it routed CPU iGPU audio, but then began to wonder is it there to support all the other Realtek codecs? But why? ... If I'm way out, forgive me. This is just a train-of-thought thing right now.

@toleda (we need this guy back, right now!) did used to have a large Clover script for this. It was in "deprecated methods" I think, instead of a kext. So I guessed it patched somehow.

Any how, sorry for interrupting the flow here. Interesting subject I don't know enough about yet. :thumbup:

I'm not sure... As far as I can tell, it's just routing the audio through AppleHDAController and that's motherboard audio.
Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 4.56.20 PM.png

HDMI/DisplayPort audio should be AppleGFXHDA.
Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 5.01.49 PM.png

I'm not sure... As far as I can tell, it's just routing the audio through AppleHDAController and that's motherboard audio.
View attachment 459949

HDMI/DisplayPort audio should be AppleGFXHDA.
View attachment 459950

Fair enough. Thank you :thumbup:

I was just exploring IORegistryExplorer after seeing your snap. HDAU appears under PEG0@1 just as with your own - only differences probably because of the type of GPU. I noticed a node jumped open when I changed audio Output from Internal to Monitor, but couldn't spot any relevance.

Fascinating.:)

I don't know why your RAM slots don't show up. I never had to do anything for them be shown correctly. Maybe you can try disabling XMP to see if it makes any difference.

The "generic" thing for NVMe is cosmetic. Don't worry about it.

As far as I know Mac Fans Control will not work. The system fans are controlled via BIOS only. If you want to change fan behavior, do it in BIOS.

I made a few minor changes to your config.plist.
I tested the config plist and realized one more thing:
The USB ports do not recognize my external USB 3.0 HD, nor the USB 3.0 flash drive. How should I proceed? In IORreg, I connect my external hard drive and nothing appears. The same goes for the 3.0 USB stick.
Thank you very much.

I tested the config plist and realized one more thing:
The USB ports do not recognize my external USB 3.0 HD, nor the USB 3.0 flash drive. How should I proceed? In IORreg, I connect my external hard drive and nothing appears. The same goes for the 3.0 USB stick.
Thank you very much.

Are you using my EFI? Which one?

I forgot to mention, I used the data from the plist you sent me, and now it recognizes the 4 memory slots

Are you using my EFI? Which one?
The EFI at the beginning of this post, (EFI Clover 5107), I put my serial number in it, exchanges and information to run the onboard video.

The EFI at the beginning of this post, (EFI Clover 5107), I put my serial number in it, exchanges and information to run the onboard video.

USB should be working... Please post your entire EFI folder.

Back