Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

no like If I have any web browser open for a bit the whole system will get sluggish and video gets choppy on things like you tube. Brave is almost unsable but it does it some what in safari. I don't see anything super crazy. usually it will just spike one thread. seams like I just am getting random sputters. like there is a delay when doing anything way more than when than before. I had noticed it in the last few days but very pronounced after the update 10.15.4

I have attached my config. Do you see anything weird?

I have both M.2 drives installed.

and in the PCIe slots I have

01. Radeon VII
02. Empty
03. Wifi_BT_card
04. ASUS 10GBe Card.

btw Delete config.plist > NVRAM > Block > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 > 0

fix the boot error that has been coming up.

Attachments

• config.plist
    28.9 KB · Views: 45
other than this recent hiccup I have to say this has be the best and most fully functional unit I have had. the Latest OpenCore is very nice. Though I really with they would produce a GUI Picker.

BTW do you use the OpenCore configurator or just do it by hand? I usually make changes in Atom or plist editor pro

no like If I have any web browser open for a bit the whole system will get sluggish and video gets choppy on things like you tube. Brave is almost unsable but it does it some what in safari. I don't see anything super crazy. usually it will just spike one thread. seams like I just am getting random sputters. like there is a delay when doing anything way more than when than before. I had noticed it in the last few days but very pronounced after the update 10.15.4

I have attached my config. Do you see anything weird?

I have both M.2 drives installed.

and in the PCIe slots I have

01. Radeon VII
02. Empty
03. Wifi_BT_card
04. ASUS 10GBe Card.

btw Delete config.plist > NVRAM > Block > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 > 0

fix the boot error that has been coming up.

The only issue I saw was that you have two different USB 15 port limit fixes enabled. I fixed it in the attached config.plist.

Also, I disabled WhateverGreen. Please try with attached config.plist.

Your PCI-e cards are almost identical to mine. I use Syba 10GBase-T card.

Attachments

• config.plist
    28.9 KB · Views: 42
Ok so super weird I think it has something to do with HDMI audio rendering. I can watch video in a web browser and it will get progressingly works where the audio starts getting gabled . But then if I switch my audio output to my Scarlet Audio interface the audio starts working fine.

The plot thickens!

other than this recent hiccup I have to say this has be the best and most fully functional unit I have had. the Latest OpenCore is very nice. Though I really with they would produce a GUI Picker.

BTW do you use the OpenCore configurator or just do it by hand? I usually make changes in Atom or plist editor pro

There's a different fork of OpenCore with GUI boot picker and a boot picker add-on to the mainline OpenCore but I haven't messed with either. Since OpenCore itself is still in beta, I decided to wait until OpenCore is more mature before messing with any of that stuff.

Do not use OpenCore Configurator!!! I've encounter a few users who corrupted their config.plists by using it.
I use PlistEdit Pro.

Ok so super weird I think it has something to do with HDMI audio rendering. I can watch video in a web browser and it will get progressingly works where the audio starts getting gabled . But then if I switch my audio output to my Scarlet Audio interface the audio starts working fine.

The plot thickens!

Yes, HDMI/DisplayPort audio was causing problems for me too. That's why I disabled WhateverGreen for you in the config.plist that I attached to post #733.

Please see here.

actually I'm not using more than 15 do I even need the USB limit patch at all?
I heard that those casue problems.

yes PlistEdit Pro. is what I'm using.

Yes, the USB port limit has to be address even if you don't use any USB ports. But I've already applied the fix in my EFI folders.

ok seems better now. I'm still getting HDMI audio. is that right? I was under the impression that Whatevergreen is what does that.

it is smoother not seeing playback issues so far. I did see some pink horizontal random lines during the first boot phase of OC. is the normal?

ok seems better now. I'm still getting HDMI audio. is that right? I was under the impression that Whatevergreen is what does that.

it is smoother not seeing playback issues so far. I did see some pink horizontal random lines during the first boot phase of OC. is the normal?

The pink/purple lines during boot was a cosmetic issue that WhateverGreen addressed a while back. It doesn't affect any functionality. Since WhateverGreen is no longer enabled, the fix isn't there to get rid of them. It's just cosmetic.

Yes, that's the weird part. HDMI/DisplayPort audio is still there even without WhateverGreen. My guess is that new drivers have it enabled. That may have been conflicting with the WhateverGreen implementation to enable HDMI/DisplayPort audio.

ok so after about 15 minutes the HDMI audio got garbled then stopped working in brave. and when I say stop I mean it stops working on every software apple or otherwise. but can switch audio to the USB audio interface and it works just fine. super weird

I do have AppleALC.kext in the folder could that be it?

Back