Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Thanks, I compared it and it looks like mission accomplished as far as that is concerned, attaching a larger photo and my EFI Folder, the config is the internal graphics one with -v added in boot

Yes, MSR unlock was successful.

Please try the attached EFI. If it still fails to boot, you may need to clear CMOS. Unlock MSR again, then apply appropriate BIOS settings.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.8 MB · Views: 68
Yes, MSR unlock was successful.

Please try the attached EFI. If it still fails to boot, you may need to clear CMOS. Unlock MSR again, then apply appropriate BIOS settings.
Yay! Some serious progress. I was able to boot into the fresh volume. I attached the boot nvme and then got the same error, paranoid, I made sure I could boot back into the fresh volume and I could. I wiped the nvme and cloned the fresh one to it and we are all booted up, although I am not seeing the thunderbolt card (gigabyte titan ridge) in system profiler, I have read that people are needing to boot into windows and update the firmware for it there and then its fine, is that likely the issue or is that not something you need to do for these (titan ridge) anymore? Or do I need to attach something via thunderbolt?

Btw what was the difference between clearing cmos and me reinstalling the bios?

Thank you again for all your help.

Yay! Some serious progress. I was able to boot into the fresh volume. I attached the boot nvme and then got the same error, paranoid, I made sure I could boot back into the fresh volume and I could. I wiped the nvme and cloned the fresh one to it and we are all booted up, although I am not seeing the thunderbolt card (gigabyte titan ridge) in system profiler, I have read that people are needing to boot into windows and update the firmware for it there and then its fine, is that likely the issue or is that not something you need to do for these (titan ridge) anymore? Or do I need to attach something via thunderbolt?

Btw what was the difference between clearing cmos and me reinstalling the bios?

Thank you again for all your help.

Currently, on hackintoshes, Thunderbolt won't be seen in System Information > Thunderbolt. Try launching Hackintool and click on the PCI tab to see if it's seen there.

@pastrychef is there something you have to do to get the the WIFI BT card to work on the onboard slot of ASUA board? I have in a M.2 NGFF adapter. and plugged in to the onboard ASUS slot where the CNVI card was and connected the antennas. It is he Broadcom card from the link that you have in post #1

in the PCIE section of hackintool I see the BCM 4360 802.11ac Wireless Network adapter. But I dont see the BT at all

@pastrychef is there something you have to do to get the the WIFI BT card to work on the onboard slot of ASUA board? I have in a M.2 NGFF adapter. and plugged in to the onboard ASUS slot where the CNVI card was and connected the antennas. It is he Broadcom card from the link that you have in post #1

On Asus motherboards, it should just work. There's nothing special you have to do.

Are both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth not functioning? If so, maybe the M.2 adaptor is defective?

Currently, on hackintoshes, Thunderbolt won't be seen in System Information > Thunderbolt. Try launching Hackintool and click on the PCI tab to see if it's seen there.
ugh....so after trying to unsuccessfully to migrate information over to my new drive and receiving the same memory error I decided to install things from scratch. One of the first things I need to install is an audio driver from apogee, and one of the things it asks to do during the install is edit the preboot volume and then restart. Upon restart I am greeted with the memory allocation error again. This driver didn't have any issues with my other Catalina system (same version) and I am getting the error only after install not actually connecting it. Can you think of anything in the config that might be making it sensitive to third party hardware support? Just for a gas I switched slots on the name drives and tried this on an ssd connected via sata with the same results

edit: would this have anything to do with SIP being enabled? I am unable to boot from the recovery volume to change this

Last edited:
ugh....so after trying to unsuccessfully to migrate information over to my new drive and receiving the same memory error I decided to install things from scratch. One of the first things I need to install is an audio driver from apogee, and one of the things it asks to do during the install is edit the preboot volume and then restart. Upon restart I am greeted with the memory allocation error again. This driver didn't have any issues with my other Catalina system (same version) and I am getting the error only after install not actually connecting it. Can you think of anything in the config that might be making it sensitive to third party hardware support? Just for a gas I switched slots on the name drives and tried this on an ssd connected via sata with the same results

edit: would this have anything to do with SIP being enabled? I am unable to boot from the recovery volume to change this

What kind of SSD is it? Is it a Samsung 970 EVO Plus?

If you want to disable SIP, do the following:
Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 10.34.50 PM.png

What kind of SSD is it? Is it a Samsung 970 EVO Plus?

If you want to disable SIP, do the following:
View attachment 452435
I’ve tried this on a Samsung 970 plus and an owc electra. I tried disabling sip in the bootloader and it wouldn’t load. I have to recreate another fresh drive to disable in the config before I try installing the driver again.
By accident, I booted up from my main drive back up and to my surprise it began to boot, no error message. The first time it went to blank screen when it loads the graphics so I went back edited the config to switch off inject intel and got the prohibited sign. I went to boot from the fresh/safe drive just to make sure I could and that now boots to the allocate error screen. I realized my old system has been fakesmc and that’s what I was using...

will your efi folder work if I swap in fakesmc for virtualsmc? Will it effect any of the patches etc?

edit: I tried swapping in fakesmc for virtualsmc and still get the same error. I tried to boot from my working Catalina EFI and I think it got to where it loads the graphics and the screen went blank which is about as close as I have been to getting this working. I'm posting that EFI Folder. Is there anything to edit on the config that might get me through? I think I might try just swapping in your config for internal graphics and see what happens...If I copy your patches in for usb and thunderbolt etc are they still good with fakesmc?

Attachments

• B755B6E1-1F2B-454C-836E-55C27ABA7704.jpeg
    B755B6E1-1F2B-454C-836E-55C27ABA7704.jpeg
    270.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Back