Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

@pastrychef my RX560 sound shows no codec no revision is that normal? ALCS1200A says you may require Spoof Audio Device ID and sub device shows ???. I have sound btw but what are these all about?

View attachment 452327View attachment 452326

Honestly, I've never even looked in that section of Hackintool...

My best guess as to why your RX 560 shows no codec (btw, it shows the same for my Radeon VII) is because HDMI/DisplayPort audio is not piped through the ALCS1220A. In fact, HDMI/DisplayPort audio will continue to work even if AppleALC.kext is not installed. It's WhateverGreen.kext that enables HDMI/DisplayPort audio.

As for the "* You may require Spoof Audio Device ID" message, I think that's just Hackintool telling you that you need to enter the correct audio id in config.plist for audio to work.

As for the "* You may require Spoof Audio Device ID" message, I think that's just Hackintool telling you that you need to enter the correct audio id in config.plist for audio to work.

You mean Layout ID right? I am using 1 for layout id but ioreg shows 7, which one should I must use?

Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 19.20.48.png

Edit;
I think 1 is Ok. But I can use these also;

Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 19.48.45.png

Last edited:
Hello, Thank you for the guide. I'm not sure what the issue is, at first I was able to boot and it got pretty far but ended on a kernel dump but now I cannot get past what I understand the memory management part of the boot. I have tried all variations of the driver (aptiomemoryfix, osxaptiofix1, 2, 3 and free2000. But every time it comes up with the error allocating ox11982 pages at" and then it varies with what it says next. It also varies with what comes before, it sometimes mentions the driver. The ram I'm using is Ballistix Sport LT 16GB DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 - initially I had two in and when I first booted it told me to insert them in this arrangement |O|O because I had them ||OO prior. I am using the efi clover folder but I have tried the open core folder too and have the same issue. I have followed the instructions to the T and even reinstalled the BIOS once. One weird issue is that the language of the BIOS keeps resetting to French from English...
I am attaching photos of my attempts labelled by which memory manager was used. Can anyone help?

Edit: also I am using all of the same hardware, same bios version. Also forgot to mention that I am only testing with one stick of ram in at this point. I am only trying to boot from the USB installer.

Attachments

• memory.zip
    298.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Hello, Thank you for the guide. I'm not sure what the issue is, at first I was able to boot and it got pretty far but ended on a kernel dump but now I cannot get past what I understand the memory management part of the boot. I have tried all variations of the driver (aptiomemoryfix, osxaptiofix1, 2, 3 and free2000. But every time it comes up with the error allocating ox11982 pages at" and then it varies with what it says next. It also varies with what comes before, it sometimes mentions the driver. The ram I'm using is Ballistix Sport LT 16GB DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 - initially I had two in and when I first booted it told me to insert them in this arrangement |O|O because I had them ||OO prior. I am using the efi clover folder but I have tried the open core folder too and have the same issue. I have followed the instructions to the T and even reinstalled the BIOS once. One weird issue is that the language of the BIOS keeps resetting to French from English...
I am attaching photos of my attempts labelled by which memory manager was used. Can anyone help?

Edit: also I am using all of the same hardware, same bios version. Also forgot to mention that I am only testing with one stick of ram in at this point. I am only trying to boot from the USB installer.

Please do not use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000. I currently have AptioMemoryFix in the Clover EFI. That should work.

Please try with the config.plist from post #4.

Thanks for the fast response! I put aptiomemortfix back in, I have been using that config from post 4 because I’m running on the igpu. I still get the error message though.

Attachments

• 0FCD42AC-5D5F-45AF-8E33-8562CB8343A4.jpeg
    0FCD42AC-5D5F-45AF-8E33-8562CB8343A4.jpeg
    17 KB · Views: 64
Thanks for the fast response! I put aptiomemortfix back in, I have been using that config from post 4 because I’m running on the igpu. I still get the error message though.

Try re-doing the MSR unlock.

Try re-doing the MSR unlock.
I applied the msr unlock (see picture) I have also created a fresh install of catalina on a new external drive, tested it with a working efi folder on my other hackintosh, then swapped in your efi folder and swapped in the igpu config, took out all of my nvme drives and disconnected satas and thunderbolt card and I still get the same error!

I have never had so much yrouble with a build before :( Thanks for sending suggestions!

Attachments

• CE741970-188D-4FCC-A49C-D7E6F56ECB34.jpeg
    CE741970-188D-4FCC-A49C-D7E6F56ECB34.jpeg
    29 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
I applied the msr unlock (see picture) I have also created a fresh install of catalina on a new external drive, tested it with a working efi folder on my other hackintosh, then swapped in your efi folder and swapped in the igpu config, took out all of my nvme drives and disconnected satas and thunderbolt card and I still get the same error!

I have never had so much yrouble with a build before :( Thanks for sending suggestions!

That image is too small to see. Please compare it against the last image in post #2.

Please post your EFI folder.

Getting Z390 running right can be a bit of a PITA. But once it's running right, it can run great.

Thanks, I compared it and it looks like mission accomplished as far as that is concerned, attaching a larger photo and my EFI Folder, the config is the internal graphics one with -v added in boot

Attachments

• IMG_0340.jpg
    IMG_0340.jpg
    736.8 KB · Views: 64
  • EFI.zip
    22.8 MB · Views: 50
Back