Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Pastrychef- Your EFI on in post #1360 have a radeonboost kext and a SATA 200 series unsupported kext. Your EFI on page 1 doesn't have that. Should I keep them?

Pastrychef- Your EFI on in post #1360 have a radeonboost kext and a SATA 200 series unsupported kext. Your EFI on page 1 doesn't have that. Should I keep them?

You can delete them if you like. The SATA one isn't needed anymore. The RadeonBoost is optional. It may help your GPU performance a little. Leaving them there shouldn't cause any problems either.

You can delete them if you like. The SATA one isn't needed anymore. The RadeonBoost is optional. It may help your GPU performance a little. Leaving them there shouldn't cause any problems either.

Ok, I pulled both of those out of my EFI. I have an RX 590 GPU

I did a Geekbench 5 test
Open CL -> w/ radeon boost 51651(best of a few tries), w/o radeon boost(best of a few tries) 53000
Metal-> w/ radeon boost 55876(best of a few tries), w/o radeon boost(best of a few tries) 58577

So in both cases slightly faster to have it out. Not sure if this is a noticeable difference in real world applications. I'll leave them out and see if I notice anything else.

Hi @pastrychef i followed your guide and now I have my first Hackintosh. Thanks! I am running with a 9600KF, 5700XT and 3200Mhz rams. It works perfectly.

But I have a question about a line “error” that only appears when I boot. (It just appears for a second and then it disappear and the PC boots) it‘s strange because the system is working with all the services and everything, so i dont know what could be wrong... is it normal?

Attachments

• 053C014C-B05C-4B4A-8B0B-53C60616F5A7.jpeg
    053C014C-B05C-4B4A-8B0B-53C60616F5A7.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
is it normal?
It means that you have something in your config.plist (probably from an older version of OpenCore) that is either entered incorrectly or more likely no longer supported.

Search it for Rtvariables.

Run the config.plist through the online sanity checker.

Approx 18 minutes and two restarts... I'm on OpenCore.

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 7.33.14 PM.png

Is RTVariables even in OpenCore? Maybe you copy/pasted something from Clover and it got carried through?

Hi @pastrychef i followed your guide and now I have my first Hackintosh. Thanks! I am running with a 9600KF, 5700XT and 3200Mhz rams. It works perfectly.

But I have a question about a line “error” that only appears when I boot. (It just appears for a second and then it disappear and the PC boots) it‘s strange because the system is working with all the services and everything, so i dont know what could be wrong... is it normal?

Hi all !
i decide to finally jump in the mackintosh world !
I read the @pastrychef tutorial and i'm trying to update my bios to 9j using the link provide by @Valensing.
But when i extract it i've just a file named "Z390MGAMINGGA.F9j" and it's not recognize when i try to update the Bios…
Any idea what did i do in the wrong way or i forgot to do?
Does it need to be put with an installer ?
TIA for your help.

Back