Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Hi all !
i decide to finally jump in the mackintosh world !
I read the @pastrychef tutorial and i'm trying to update my bios to 9j using the link provide by @Valensing.
But when i extract it i've just a file named "Z390MGAMINGGA.F9j" and it's not recognize when i try to update the Bios…
Any idea what did i do in the wrong way or i forgot to do?
Does it need to be put with an installer ?
TIA for your help.
How are you trying to upgrade? here I did it for Bios GUI and put the file on the USB stick.

From USB stick, in the Bios option, Q-Flash > Update Bios
**EDIT**
I found, i've changed of USB stick and it works.
Sorry for bothering
Great!:clap:

hello.. i am getting a black screen after i updated the bios to F9k.. please help .. is it cuz the gpu isnt detectd ??

hello.. i am getting a black screen after i updated the bios to F9k.. please help .. is it cuz the gpu isnt detectd ??

Black screen after updating to one of the beta BIOSes is a pretty common occurrence.

Things to try:
Connect your computer to a TV.
Power your monitor off and on.
Try a difference connection (i.e. HDMI instead of DVI-D, vice versa, etc.)

is the grub procedure easier than what you posted for CFG unlock ?.. cuz i am a first-time, open core guy ... i already rolled back my bios to f9g

is the grub procedure easier than what you posted for CFG unlock ?.. cuz i am a first-time, open core guy ... i already rolled back my bios to f9g

Is what easier? You can either unlock the CFG via (1) Grub or (2) with one of the beta BIOSes. Personally, I like the beta BIOSes because you can also disable serial port. Both are pretty easy, in my opinion...

The only issue with the beta BIOSes is that some people may experience black screen. I worked around the black screen by connecting my computer to my TV and was able to see the BIOS screen. Once the BIOS has been configured, I no longer get black screen when trying to enter BIOS, even when connected to my monitor.

Unlocking CFG has nothing to do with OpenCore. Unlocking CFG should be done whether you are using my Clover EFI or OpenCore EFI.

Hello !

thanks for this very helpful thread, i'll will try my Catalina install tomorow on Open Core 0.6.1.

After reading the most part of the thread, I think I will install the F9j beta BIOS that seems not having the black screen issue. Can anyone confirm never having this issue with the F9j Bios ?

Hello !

thanks for this very helpful thread, i'll will try my Catalina install tomorow on Open Core 0.6.1.

After reading the most part of the thread, I think I will install the F9j beta BIOS that seems not having the black screen issue. Can anyone confirm never having this issue with the F9j Bios ?

I think F9j is the same as F9k. The black screen doesn't affect everyone...

Back