Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming (Ultra / 5) SHUTDOWN issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
@j3yps88 - I admit, I'm curious to know thinking that the wifi or bt does something in the background (note I turned OFF wake on LAN). I feel for you....I bitched and moaned as I removed mine. My reasoning was more focused on conflicts with my OSXWifi Card. Let us know if that works.

I understand what you're saying, it is indeed an annoyance. Because it isn't intended to work that way (like what we're doing actually haha) but i'm just hoping that maybe someone already have a fix for this "problem" since it's been quite some time now since this thread was made.

Using the latest (F7) BIOS, but i'm certain that it's not the problem.

Okay, I understand now :thumbup:

I have just checked by booting into Windows and shutting-down, and you are correct, the LEDs all go off. So the problem *is* Mac related. I was wrong. My apologies :oops:

So this doesn't appear to be a BIOS problem and must be something to do with our Hackintosh Power Management functions. More research needed.

I notice the LEDs stay lit for shutdown, but perversely go out if the PC is left and goes to sleep...

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
So this doesn't appear to be a BIOS problem and must be something to do with our Hackintosh Power Management functions. More research needed.

I notice the LEDs stay lit for shutdown, but perversely go out if the PC is left and goes to sleep...

:rolleyes:

I think so too, how i wish i know the fix to this haha

Hi

try this

Bios Settings:
- Peripherals > LEDs in sleep, Hibernation, and Soft Off States: OFF
- Power > ErP: Enabled

Config.plist:
- Acpi > Uncheck FixShutdown
- Boot > Set darkwake=8

Ok for Z370 Ultra Gaming with last bios versions

This has worked on my Z370 Ultra Gaming 7. The darkwake=8 bootflag is important. My hack also wakes up from sleep much faster now.

This has worked on my Z370 Ultra Gaming 7. The darkwake=8 bootflag is important. My hack also wakes up from sleep much faster now.
Thanks, worked for me!

Last edited:
Hi

try this

Bios Settings:
- Peripherals > LEDs in sleep, Hibernation, and Soft Off States: OFF
- Power > ErP: Enabled

Config.plist:
- Acpi > Uncheck FixShutdown
- Boot > Set darkwake=8

Ok for Z370 Ultra Gaming with last bios versions
This worked perfectly for me on my Z370 gaming 5! Thank you so much, been tinkering on this specific problem for awhile and was close but this made it perfect. BTW, I removed the BT/wifi card on mine and have a pci Fenvi T919 installed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back