Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Problems I encountered: MY EXPERIENCE
  1. Complete system freezes within 1-2 minutes of logging in
    1. Upon reboot, I sometimes get a "Your Mac was restarted due to a problem" message, with a KP log.
    2. The KP appears to be NVMe-related.
      Didn't got these errors on my system with F3F.
  2. Thunderbolt not working (CalDigit hub)
    1. The Thunderbolt PCI devices appear, and I could see some CalDigit devices in the new USB enumeration log messages during verbose boot.
    2. But no devices on the Caldigit were visible in About This Mac -> USB once I logged in.
      My CalDigit TS3 Pro and Sonnet Echo III works fine as before and with TB3 HP SSDT Injected
  3. USB-related errors visible in the verbose boot log - see log at end of this message.
    1. These errors also appear to be Thunderbolt related, as they refer to XHC1 which is the name of the USB controller on the Thunderbolt bus (as named by HackinDROM SSDT).
    2. But they still occur when no device is connected to the TB3 ports.
    3. Possibly a change to the TB3 SSDT is required?
      At first sight no USB Problems over here, but didn't do a full USB test, can do this today
If I look at you're boot args, you got a lot, I need to check if I'm in the studio, but what I have I think is:
NPCI=0x2000 alcid=(a number)

Regarding bugs: The boot fail is still present, of course. VCCSA reset to Auto on shutdown is still present. I haven't yet tested the RAM Training Voltage bug. The only bug that does appear to be fixed is the reset to French language when the F12 Boot Picker is used.
Can confirm that the boot fail indeed still is present, the first 10 boots went fine, but then it came back.
I did no VCCSA adjustments so can't speak about this.
I set mine 'RAM Training Voltage' default on 1.35V what the sticks are mode for, and running just a slightly higher RAM Speed: 3400 with no issues.

I think my system was running for 3-4 hours, I didn't do CPU heavy tasks, just some music checking on Youtube, but that was all fine.

Motherboard
Gigabyte X299X Designare 10G
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Updated the BIOS to F3f and OC to 0.6.9 without problems.

This is my experience in the last few days:
- USB boot bug is still present;
- I'm testing the overclocking performance and maybe, and I repeat maybe (only two days of testing), it's slightly worse than the previous F3e BIOS beta. Slightly higher temperatures and instability with the same frequency and voltage settings as before. The problem for me in Gigabyte motherboards is the inability to use a custom adaptive voltage with a Vcore offset.
In case of a crash (during cinebench test for example), the CPU frequencies are set to 4600MHz on reboot.

@TheBloke The Thunderbolt SSDT for X299X Designare 10G present on HackinDROM is incomplete and causes errors on the USB ports and random KP, I have already reported this some time ago.

Motherboard
Gigabyte X299X-Designare-10G
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
Radeon Pro WX 7100
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Can't tell anything about overclocking, because I don't have one activated :)
If their is a good way and stable way to get a simple Turbo Boost Clock to 5Ghz I'm in for it.

I'm using a TB3 Hotplug SSDT that @TheBloke provided me earlier. No issues with it.
But not using USB on the TB3 ports, just TB3

Motherboard
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
X299X Designare 10G - OC 0.6.9 (DEBUG) EFI folder

OC GUI.png

Summary:
This EFI has been adapted and customized for my system which has a Broadcom WI-FI/Bt PCIe card and an RX5700 XT.
The Config.plist was built from scratch starting from the sample.plist of the latest OC version to avoid possible compilation errors during past updates. It also includes a custom GUI.
If you have my same hardware configuration it is ready for use, just configure the SMBIOS.
For those who use a different hardware configuration see the CUSTOMIZATIONS section below.

This OC build does not contain the TJR hotfix (I am not able to patch this OC version), it uses the "Connect Drivers = False" method for the boot bug.

MAIN CONFIGURATION:
  • KEXT:
    • All Kext are updated to the latest version.
    • USBMap.kext built from scratch including rear ports, front ports (FUSB32_2 heaer), ITE device and internal USB2.0 (F_USB header). The HS14 port for the integrated Intel BT is not included.
    • SmallTreeIntel8259x.kext for X550T Ethernet controller is present but disabled because it kills the Airdrop feature.
    • TSCAdjustReset.kext is configured for an 18 Core CPU.
  • SSDT:
    • The SSDT-PLUG and SSDT-RTC0 have been "lightened" by eliminating all unnecessary entries.
    • SSDT Thunderbolt from HackinDROM has been fixed in the USB section.
    • SSDT-Disable-CNVW.aml to completely disable the Intel WI-FI card.
  • DeviceProperties:
    • Almost all of the DeviceProperties come from the excellent work done by @TheBloke in the post #699.
    • The Broadcom WI-FI/Bt PCIe in Slot-4 and the RX5700 XT in the Slot-1 are already added.
    • The audio layout-id has been removed from the boot-args because it is already correctly injected into this section.

CUSTOMIZATIONS:
For those who use a video card different from the RX5000 series or Intel WI-FI instead of native Broadcom BCM card, the changes to be made are not many:
  • NETWORK:
    • BROADCOM BCM card: If you use a Broadcom WI-FI/BT PCIe card installed in Slot-4, no modification is required. If, on the other hand, the card is installed in a different slot, the ACPI path must be changed in DeviceProperties [currently: PciRoot(0x3)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)]. Alternatively you can completely remove it, because it is only cosmetic.
    • ONBOARD INTEL card: If you are using the integrated Intel network card, you need to:
      • Disable and remove the SSDT-Disable-CNVW.aml
      • Remove the Broadcom from DeviceProperties
      • Add internal HS14 USB port on USBMap.kext
      • Add and enable all the necessary Kext and DeviceProperties (See TheBloke's post #699)
    • X550T Ethernet controller: In order to use the two 10G ethernet controllers it will be sufficient to enable SmallTreeIntel8259x.kext in the Config.plist. But you may miss the Airdrop feature.
  • VIDEO CARD:
    • If you have an AMD RX5000 series video card installed in Slot-1 no modification is required. If it is installed in a different slot it will be sufficient to change the ACPI path in DeviceProperties.
    • If you use a different card it will be sufficient to remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot-args and the last two devices from DeviceProperties (Display controller and Navi 10 HDMI Audio).
  • CPU:
    • TSCAdjustReset.kext is configured for an 18 Core CPU: if your CPU has a different number of cores you will need to correctly set the IOCPUNumber in the kext.

PCI view in System Info:
PCI Info.png

Attachments

• EFI X299X Designare 10G OC 0.6.9 DEBUG.zip
    12.6 MB · Views: 27
Motherboard
Gigabyte X299X-Designare-10G
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
Radeon Pro WX 7100
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @LeleTuratti , thanks for sharing you're config!
Airdrop is working fine on my system with the 10GB kext enabled.
I can confirm installing software via my Apple Watch.

I will compare my build with yours :)

Only question, what's that 'Thunderbolt Drive'

Motherboard
CPU
i9-10900X
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Thank you, @LeleTuratti for you config! I upgraded my configuration and now my Hack can not only sleep, but also wake up!

The only problem I see, or rather hear, is a cracking sound when I use my Radeon Pro W5700 connected to my TV using UDB-C to HDMI cable. I had it before, and it drives me nuts. I'm still on Catalina, if it matters. I must say Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 580 works just fine, and renders faster than Radeon Pro W5700 in DaVinci 17.1.1.
I could use some help here :)

I had to change your configuration a little. I reenabled SmallTreeIntel8259x.kext and added the HS14 USB port back, because I use 10GbE only and I replaced the Intel BT/WiFi card with a Broadcom-based one, which is natively recognized and supported by macOS.

I did not update the BIOS, following the wise bloke @TheBloke advice. Nor do I use any patches, bit I did replace binaries in your EFI with the ones downloaded from the OpenCore 0.6.9 release - I have an automated process to do so.

Once again, many thanks!

X299X Designare 10G - OC 0.6.9 (DEBUG) EFI folder

View attachment 517878

Summary:
This EFI has been adapted and customized for my system which has a Broadcom WI-FI/Bt PCIe card and an RX5700 XT.
The Config.plist was built from scratch starting from the sample.plist of the latest OC version to avoid possible compilation errors during past updates. It also includes a custom GUI.
If you have my same hardware configuration it is ready for use, just configure the SMBIOS.
For those who use a different hardware configuration see the CUSTOMIZATIONS section below.

This OC build does not contain the TJR hotfix (I am not able to patch this OC version), it uses the "Connect Drivers = False" method for the boot bug.

MAIN CONFIGURATION:
  • KEXT:
    • All Kext are updated to the latest version.
    • USBMap.kext built from scratch including rear ports, front ports (FUSB32_2 heaer), ITE device and internal USB2.0 (F_USB header). The HS14 port for the integrated Intel BT is not included.
    • SmallTreeIntel8259x.kext for X550T Ethernet controller is present but disabled because it kills the Airdrop feature.
    • TSCAdjustReset.kext is configured for an 18 Core CPU.
  • SSDT:
    • The SSDT-PLUG and SSDT-RTC0 have been "lightened" by eliminating all unnecessary entries.
    • SSDT Thunderbolt from HackinDROM has been fixed in the USB section.
    • SSDT-Disable-CNVW.aml to completely disable the Intel WI-FI card.
  • DeviceProperties:
    • Almost all of the DeviceProperties come from the excellent work done by @TheBloke in the post #699.
    • The Broadcom WI-FI/Bt PCIe in Slot-4 and the RX5700 XT in the Slot-1 are already added.
    • The audio layout-id has been removed from the boot-args because it is already correctly injected into this section.

CUSTOMIZATIONS:
For those who use a video card different from the RX5000 series or Intel WI-FI instead of native Broadcom BCM card, the changes to be made are not many:
  • NETWORK:
    • BROADCOM BCM card: If you use a Broadcom WI-FI/BT PCIe card installed in Slot-4, no modification is required. If, on the other hand, the card is installed in a different slot, the ACPI path must be changed in DeviceProperties [currently: PciRoot(0x3)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)]. Alternatively you can completely remove it, because it is only cosmetic.
    • ONBOARD INTEL card: If you are using the integrated Intel network card, you need to:
      • Disable and remove the SSDT-Disable-CNVW.aml
      • Remove the Broadcom from DeviceProperties
      • Add internal HS14 USB port on USBMap.kext
      • Add and enable all the necessary Kext and DeviceProperties (See TheBloke's post #699)
    • X550T Ethernet controller: In order to use the two 10G ethernet controllers it will be sufficient to enable SmallTreeIntel8259x.kext in the Config.plist. But you may miss the Airdrop feature.
  • VIDEO CARD:
    • If you have an AMD RX5000 series video card installed in Slot-1 no modification is required. If it is installed in a different slot it will be sufficient to change the ACPI path in DeviceProperties.
    • If you use a different card it will be sufficient to remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot-args and the last two devices from DeviceProperties (Display controller and Navi 10 HDMI Audio).
  • CPU:
    • TSCAdjustReset.kext is configured for an 18 Core CPU: if your CPU has a different number of cores you will need to correctly set the IOCPUNumber in the kext.

PCI view in System Info:
View attachment 517880

Last edited:
Motherboard
CPU
i9-10900X
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've suddenly lost nearly half of my GPU performance. I upgraded to @LeleTuratti configuration, everything was great until I moved GPUs around, switching GPUs and slots. I'm sure it's unrelated to the configuration change, because I ran this test with the new configuration, but before I started moving things around,

My Metal Score with RX 580 was 51788, published here:

But now, I'm getting Metal Score of 29686, here:

This is very disappointing. I didn't do anything! :) Well besides resetting NVRAM, trying to fix the performance degradation, but it didn't help.

I believe my BIOS (F3c) setting are fubar. Can anyone be so kind and post theirs?
At some point I tried to import a saved BIOS settings, but is screws things up, so if anyone has recorded their settings or screenshots, I'd love to see them.

Thanks a lot!

Motherboard
CPU
Intel i7-7820X
Graphics
Sapphire RX VEGA 64 Nitro+
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Currently, the latest bios is F3f.

The problem with the bios remains the same.
There is a USB problem with macOS 11.3.x.
Do you have any good ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Motherboard
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've suddenly lost nearly half of my GPU performance. I upgraded to @LeleTuratti configuration, everything was great until I moved GPUs around, switching GPUs and slots. I'm sure it's unrelated to the configuration change, because I ran this test with the new configuration, but before I started moving things around,

My Metal Score with RX 580 was 51788, published here:
But now, I'm getting Metal Score of 29686, here:
This is very disappointing. I didn't do anything! :) Well besides resetting NVRAM, trying to fix the performance degradation, but it didn't help.
In the past I have spent a lot of time trying to improve the performance of my RX5700 XT, but the only thing I got is an increase in the geekbench score, but no difference in the real rendering performance.

Try removing the GPU from the DeviceProperties section of your config, if you haven't already done.
Also check on IOReg if AGPM is loaded.

Motherboard
CPU
i9-10900X
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
@LeleTuratti I don't see any decrease in rendering speed, either.
I didn't remove the GPU from DeviceProperties - what will this achieve?

It looks like AGPM is loaded - I see references to it when I search IOReg. I'm not very familiar with the details there.

I've also noticed a constant disk activity, very short bursts just enough to blink a disk activity LED, after the upgrade to your configuration. Not sure it's related, but I don't think I had it before. You might want to check your systems.

In the past I have spent a lot of time trying to improve the performance of my RX5700 XT, but the only thing I got is an increase in the geekbench score, but no difference in the real rendering performance.

Try removing the GPU from the DeviceProperties section of your config, if you haven't already done.
Also check on IOReg if AGPM is loaded.