Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Radeon HD 6670

Status
Not open for further replies.
hananias said:
@Noob
Thanks for the reply, and putting your modified ati6000.kext :clap:
Actually, I did get ghosting with Pithecia, fortunately my card was recognized as 6670hd.
So I guess sounds very similar problem. But since recently I inherit an old TV from my office, I've been using it as the "real" VGA Display. Both working great at proper resolutions.
That's why I couldn't verify whether "Impomoea" fix the ghosting or not. (I guess it doesn't)

But I will try to replace the ATI6000Controller.kext and test one monitor only.

But since I'm a noob here myself. Can you show me the exact locations of the kext files I need to replace? and after I do, should I repair permissions with DiskUtility?
Thanks in advance!
Let me show you how:

First, go to /System/Library/Extensions (some people would simply call it S/L/E), find ATI6000Controller.kext, copy it to another location (for backup)

Second, download my modified kext, there are several ways to install the kext:

- Use some tools like Kext Helper to put the kext file [OR]
- Manually put the modified kext into S/L/E, replace the original kext, then use Disk Utility to repair permissions [OR]
- Use UNIX commands to put the modified kext into S/L/E and repair permissions

Finally, reboot.

Note that my kext only fixed "Ipomoea", other personalities like "Pithecia" have not been fixed.

Thank you for the quick reply. So, I did it. Restarted and everything is still normal... :|
I guess that's a good thing. Card is still read correctly as HD6670.

Later I'll test using 1 monitor @ 1920x1080 res, and check for ghosting display.
I'll report my results. Until then, you... :beachball:

So I went ahead and restarted with only connecting lcd monitor to hdmi (unplugged the TV).
Once again, I reinstall the kext again, repair permissions...
But I still get a ghosting "VGA display". :banghead:
I guess we might have a little different hd6670... I'll try once again.

Still ghosting... How can I modify the ATI6000Controller.kext??? I've googled and found nothing.
Well, anyways I'm not in a rush. I am using a second monitor, so I'm good. But still would love to have the card running better. Thanks again

I don't know why you guys are getting ghosting issues. I'm using a Gigabyte 6670, and I just set the framebuffer to Bulrushes and the card is working 100%. (No ghosting, DVD player works, sys profiler shows card as 6670).

funstuff234 said:
I don't know why you guys are getting ghosting issues. I'm using a Gigabyte 6670, and I just set the framebuffer to Bulrushes and the card is working 100%. (No ghosting, DVD player works, sys profiler shows card as 6670).

What card specifically are you using? If you can please post your details. Thanks. Now I have to go, so I'll post mine when I get a chance.

I too, like many others on this thread, bought a 6670 with the thought that it would be ready to use OOB, but to my dismay I discovered that I had to tweak around to get it to work. Thanks to this thread among other threads on this forum, I was able to get my Gigabyte 6670 working fully (I can run Diablo 3 at highest settings at 60+fps). A big thanks goes out to all previous posters that help out lurkers like me. :headbang:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-06-13 at 12.39.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-06-13 at 12.39.47 AM.png
    866.4 KB · Views: 446
Built a new hackintosh system

Mobo: Gigabyte Z77P-D3
CPU: Core i5 3450
Graphics: Gigabyte HD6670 2GB DDR3 (Connected to DVI now HDMI)

Problem: [SOLVED]
System runs on Lion 10.7.4. Able to boot into the system with 1920x1080 resolution, but cannot get QE/CI despite trying a few variants of framebuffer by using ATIConfig kernel flag, the system info gives me Radeon 6xxx, anyone has any experience with this graphics card?

Update on 30th June 2012:
I used HDMI port on the Gigabyte HD6670 graphics card, by adding kernel flag of AtiPorts=3, I get the framebuffer "Bulrushes", QE/CI works as well. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back