Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I'm new in hackintosh's world, and here is my first build:

- GA Z68XP-D3
- Intel Core i3-2120
- 8 Gb RAM DDR3 @ 1333 Mhz
- ASUS AMD Radeon HD6670 1Gb

I installed Lion 10.7.4 using the Unibeast method (thanks to tonymac and the community) installed multi beast userDSDT (using F3 that I discovered from BIOS).

I can boot with "PCIRootUID=0"

So in "about this mac" screen, I can see Graphics: Ati Radeon HD 6xxx (but not 6670)

I have tried out all the personalities as per Shurts instructions (thanks Shurt) and they ALL give me black screens (with GraphicsEnabler=Yes), with the EXCEPTION of the following:

kBulrushes
Mangabey
Juncus
Vervet

This is getting like a really annoying game of Cluedo...

So, with these I don't get a blackscreen but I still get a generic Ati Radeon HD 6xxx FB with them (and all the other related side effects - DVD Player crashes, etc). ioreg grep ATY is still reading generic RadeonFramebuffer.

I've tried various combinations of AtiPorts=3 (with and without it in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist file), using HDMI port instead of DVI, PCIRootUID=1 as well, but none to any avail.

plist as it stands is as follows:
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x3000 darkwake=0 AtiPorts=3</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

I've got nothing left. :banghead:

I haven't even BEGUN thinking about whether audio is working (I'm guessing not because I had to remove AppleHDA and VoodooHDA kexts in order to resolve constant Kernel Panics!)

Please help! This is a real baptism of fire for me!

Hey jezzalencko9, have you try GraphicsEnabler=No? I have a HIS HD6670 and all i did was GraphicsEnabler=No and everything works fine: Dual monitor, 35fps from cinebench, video players working. The only issue i get from that card is that the system still identify the card as 6xxx.

Thanks antam58.

Yeah have tried that and it works like you say, in the same was as those 4 FB personalities I've identified work. (or simply putting PCIRootUID=0).

The problem is that I want to get the card fully recognised as Radeon HD 6670 instead of Radeon HD 6xxx like some people have managed to accomplish.

The main problem with not getting it recognised fully is that DVD Player crashes on open. Does that happen for you?

jezzalencko9 said:
Thanks antam58.

Yeah have tried that and it works like you say, in the same was as those 4 FB personalities I've identified work. (or simply putting PCIRootUID=0).

The problem is that I want to get the card fully recognised as Radeon HD 6670 instead of Radeon HD 6xxx like some people have managed to accomplish.

The main problem with not getting it recognised fully is that DVD Player crashes on open. Does that happen for you?

Yea mine crash too. But it's not a problem for me since i don't use DVD Player. You could always use media player like VLC , MPlayerX for DVD playback.

Just to close the book on this if anyone is interested...

Based on RiderFX3's experience (see this thread http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... &start=120)

and the eventual surrender to getting a new card, I've decided to accept a generic Radeon HD 6xxx recognition of the card. I updated to Lion 10.7.4 and also updated the BIOS to F9 (latest for the Z68 board), hoping it would resolve things, but it didn't.

I also updated the ATI6000Controller.kext to a patched one from here (http://www.osx86.net/view/2339-ati6000c ... -1_...html) which reflected 10.7.4, but this also did nothing. Thanks anyway Norton.

The only thing left is to go through re-booting under all the FB personalities again - I tried a couple (without flagging PCIRootUID=0) but they all ended up hanging/freezing on the Apple loading screen.

So basically, I give up too. PCIRootUID=0 works and give me a generic graphics card description, but I don't care anymore. It works well enough. I get 40FPS+ in Cinebench so really have nothing to complain about.

Giving up on perfection is the secret to happiness I've decided... Thanks to everyone for their help. This was my first build and have donated to tonymac as a token of my appreciation.

Hi guys.

I've got Sapphire 6670 1GB GDDR5 fully functional with GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=Ipomoea and ATI6000Controller.kext connectors patched (to kill "ghost monitor"). Monitor connected via HDMI at full hd resolution.

The only problem is that card performs almost twice slower compared to Windows 8. In windows, my GPU temp rises to 57-58C under benchmarks/games, and in mac os I get only 47-48C. The fps is almost twice lower in computer games.

I guess, the problem is that card is stuck at low-performance mode, but i don't know how to fix it. Any ideas?

I'm on OS X 10.7.4. My 6670 uses HDMI to connect the display.

"AtiConfig=Ipomoea" solution works really well, except it has "ghost display" problem (it falsely detects a VGA monitor as an external display).

To solve this problem, I modified the "ATI6000Controller.kext". Now, there are no "ghost displays".

Here is my modified ATI6000Controller.kext, hope it helps.

Remember to also add these into your org.chameleon.Boot:
Code:
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Ipomoea</string>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>3</string>
<string>Yes</string>
Edit: ATI6000Controller_modified.kext.zip only works in 32-bit mode (i.e. with arch=i386 boot flag).

Update[2012-8-5]: ATI6000Controller_modified_Ipomoea_10.8.kext.zip is made for OS X Mountain Lion 10.8. It should fix "ghost display" problem.

Update[2012-9-20]: Uploaded modified ATI6000Controller.kext for OS X 10.8.2

Could you please indicate what modifications you applied on 10.8.2 ATI6000Controller.kext ?
I've got an ATI 6850 with ghost display problem with Pithecia AtiConfig, and can't find a way to make it fully work :(
Thanks

Could you please indicate what modifications you applied on 10.8.2 ATI6000Controller.kext ?
I've got an ATI 6850 with ghost display problem with Pithecia AtiConfig, and can't find a way to make it fully work :(
Thanks

Search "Ghost display on MSI R5770 Hawk in Lion" on Google and you will find the guide I followed ;)

I'm on OS X 10.7.4. My 6670 uses HDMI to connect the display.

"AtiConfig=Ipomoea" solution works really well, except it has "ghost display" problem (it falsely detects a VGA monitor as an external display).

To solve this problem, I modified the "ATI6000Controller.kext". Now, there are no "ghost displays".

Here is my modified ATI6000Controller.kext, hope it helps.

Remember to also add these into your org.chameleon.Boot:
Code:
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Ipomoea</string>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>3</string>
<string>Yes</string>
Edit: ATI6000Controller_modified.kext.zip only works in 32-bit mode (i.e. with arch=i386 boot flag).

Update[2012-8-5]: ATI6000Controller_modified_Ipomoea_10.8.kext.zip is made for OS X Mountain Lion 10.8. It should fix "ghost display" problem.

Update[2012-9-20]: Uploaded modified ATI6000Controller.kext for OS X 10.8.2

Would you mind sharing some insights on how and what you edited in the kext and why it's bound to 32-bit mode? Hex edit of the ATIController binary?

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back