Register

Gigabyte Radeon HD 6670

Status
Not open for further replies.
My graphic card is MSI R6670 MD1GDDR3 with 1xVGA/1xDVI/1xHDMI

I've tested all of the method mentioned above,
such as GE=YES/Atiport=3/AtiConfig=Pithecia (kBulrushes) ,
but eventually my graphic card was still recognized "ATI HD radeon 6670"

And worst of all, it does have QE/CI opened in my 10.7.2?but when I shut down my computer for quite a long period and try to boot it?the system will freeze at the white screen after apple logo. I need to reboot a couple of times to get into the system.
Sometimes I can get rid of the annoying white screen and successfully get into the system, but then it "definitely" will be freezed after a while, and reboot a couple of times is needed to get it back to the normal situation

Anyone can help me?
I just want my osx to work normally :crazy:

I have a similar card as to the post above but mine is an XFX. During the whole unibeast install I have video through my VGA port (my preferred connection due to monitor resolutions). When I install multibeast/chimera the machine boots, I get the apple splash screen, then all goes blank. I've started to play around with the inputs but so far, same thing. I'm currently installing Lion 7.3 from usb stick (I can't tell if that is what Apple sold me or if it automatically updates since the ethernet works fine out of the box). After I get a visual, I'll work with the audio.

So far, I was able to use GraphicsEnabler=no to be able to get a desktop. I'm using the Pitheca frambuffer but of course it shows as Radeon 6xxx. I just installed Chimera 1.9 and am going to see how it goes with that.

More interesting steps forward. However, a quick word of caution for those who edit the chameleon boot file for the first time. Be sure you end your <key> and <string> with </key> and </string> I overlooked this simple little step and it caused me my initial post install headaches. :p

At any rate, I have had some success with the Pithecia frame buffer except for one small issue. I am encountering the same dual screen weirdness that others have but my VGA out seems to be the 2nd screen. Is there a way to tell OS X which screen should be the primary? I don't have a DVI connector on my monitor to check to see if it is screen 1.

@noob
Is there a way to tell OS X which screen should be the primary?
Did you tried going to system preferences -> Displays -> Arrangement. Drag the white color bar from one monitor to the desire primary monitor. After you drag it, the screens flashes, and should turn your vga monitor as the primary monitor! :thumbup:
Hope it works!
Please give us more feedback on Chimera 1.9!!!

hananias said:
@noob
Is there a way to tell OS X which screen should be the primary?
Did you tried going to system preferences -> Displays -> Arrangement. Drag the white color bar from one monitor to the desire primary monitor. After you drag it, the screens flashes, and should turn your vga monitor as the primary monitor! :thumbup:
Hope it works!
Please give us more feedback on Chimera 1.9!!!

The problem is I have no way to see the primary screen. My VGA input is the secondary screen it seems. I may be able to get a DVI to HDMI adapter (I'm using a 22" flatcreen TV for my monitor and it is lacking DVI and the VGA resolution allowed is higher than the resolution allowed for DVI/HDMI) but them I'm basically switching between inputs on the monitor to get the VGA input as primary.

I used splashtop to access the Screen. It's a remote Desktop app. There might be a free alternative.

If I boot up without graphicsenabler there's no phantom screen but the Wrong Framebuffer. I installed splashtop then and switched graphicsenabler to yes. After this i was able to access my system remotely and changed the primary screen.

emufreak said:
I used splashtop to access the Screen. It's a remote Desktop app. There might be a free alternative.

If I boot up without graphicsenabler there's no phantom screen but the Wrong Framebuffer. I installed splashtop then and switched graphicsenabler to yes. After this i was able to access my system remotely and changed the primary screen.

Thank you for the suggestion. I wound up using TeamView which is free for non-commercial use (nagware) that is compatible with both Windows and OS X. I finally got the resolution set, dragged the white bar across to the 'vga' display in display properties, and then mirrored the display as directed above. I'm happily running a Hackintosh now.

I have recently switched my Geforce 9800GT for Gigabyte 6670 1GB.
My config:
- HP 24' monitor via DVI (1920x1200)
- Philips TV via HDMI (1920x1080)

Without GE both ports work, but there are default problems (card is shown as 6xxx, DVD player crash, ...)

I've tried the following:
- all framebuffers (most promising were Pithecia and Bulrushes)
- PCIRootUID=0/1
- AtiPorts=3

Results:
- Pithecia: I get my TV output on my monitor which is on DVI (?), 1920x1080 res, TV has no signal / if I disconnect HDMI, monitor goes blank; Card is detected as 6670 series; DVD player works.
- Bulrushes: HDMI works OK, but I have nothing on DVI; card is detected as 6670 series / DVD player works.

I'm currently using Chimera 1.8.0 on Lion 10.7.3, Bulrushes/AtiPorts=3, PCIRootUID=1 in plist; both HDMI/DVI work, but I get default FB if I use "ioreg | grep ATY". If I try with PCIRootUID=0 or without it I get the correct FB, but lose DVI.

Any suggestions?

Not Gigabyte but just in case it helps someone:-
My Sappire HD6670 2GB DDR3 needed:-

-v AtiConfig=Pithecia AtiPorts=3

at chimera 1.9.1 boot by hand or in Kernel Flags in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
N.B.
It didn't seem to work when I split them up into key string entries, funny that.

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v AtiConfig=Pithecia AtiPorts=3</string>

I also had an earlier issue with VoodooHDA preventing boot by crashing with the hdmi so had to remove it to get this far, still working on that one.
ioreg shows Pithecia used
DVD player starts and plays dvd's
shows up in system info as AMD Radeon HD6670 Series and show correct details for both monitors.
I have not seen any gost monitors with this card,
Only getting 25.5fps in cinebench though but that may be what to expect from this card. 36fps in win7 on same hardware though.
core2duo 2.8GHz
Only found a related post after getting this far which had what I was looking for in the first place, never mind:-
Search HD6670 in this forum and it comes up as:- "[Solved]: Sapphire HD6670"

Thanks to all who posted here that got me going on the right track.
Hope this helps someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back