Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Radeon HD 6670

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got my Gigabyte 6670 to work under Mountain Lion 10.8.2 without any modifications to the ATI6000Controller.kext.
It is recognized as "AMD Radeon HD 6670 Series 1024 MB".
It uses the Bulrushes Framebuffer.
I use a HDMI cable on both sides.

Here is what I did:
1) Created the thumb drive with "UniBeast - Mountain Lion 1.5.3"
2) On this thumb drive, I replaced the "ATI6000Controller.kext" with the one from Lion 10.7.5.
3) Booted from the newly created thumb drive (which gave me a 1024x768 resolution only).
4) After install, I booted from the thumb drive into Mountain Lion 10.8.2.
5) Installed Multibeast.
6) Changed my org.chameleon.boot.plist with:
* GraphicsEnabler: Yes
* AtiConfig: Bulrushes
* Kernel Flags: AtiPorts=3 npci=0x3000
* PCIRootUID: 0
7) Booted from thumb drive, deleted the Lion "ATI6000Controller.kext" and copied the Mountain Lion "ATI4600Controller.kext" to S/L/E and repaired permissions.
8) rebooted without thumb drive. I have got my 1920x1200 resolution. I checked the framebuffer with "ioreg | grep ATY", which gave me the Bulrushes framebuffer instead of the generic Radeon framebuffer.
9) DVD works now and everything else.

I was about to replace my Gigabyte 6670 (which I bought due to the recommendation by Tonymac for Lion) but I'm happy now.

Cheers
Michael

Attachments

• org.chameleon.boot.plist.png
    org.chameleon.boot.plist.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 625
  • ioreg Bulrushes.png
    ioreg Bulrushes.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 328
HI!!!

I have an ATI XFX 6670 (not a gigabyte) and the aticonfig that works is the ipomoea, but I can't get to work the HDMI port, the DVI is the only that works

What can I do to solve it????

THanks

4) In a separate window, navigate to your chameleon folder and then go to, "trunk/sym/i386", and copy the file "boot" to the root of your boot drive.

Could you better explain where this folder is located. It doesn't show up for me even with folders unhidden. I've got the same
GB hd6670 card and want to make it fully recognized and working. I have a Lion 10.7.5 install. Thanks. I've used the TonyMac unibeast and multi beast method of installation.

I finally got my Gigabyte 6670 to work under Mountain Lion 10.8.2 without any modifications to the ATI6000Controller.kext.
It is recognized as "AMD Radeon HD 6670 Series 1024 MB".
It uses the Bulrushes Framebuffer.
I use a HDMI cable on both sides.

Here is what I did:
1) Created the thumb drive with "UniBeast - Mountain Lion 1.5.3"
2) On this thumb drive, I replaced the "ATI6000Controller.kext" with the one from Lion 10.7.5.
3) Booted from the newly created thumb drive (which gave me a 1024x768 resolution only).
4) After install, I booted from the thumb drive into Mountain Lion 10.8.2.
5) Installed Multibeast.
6) Changed my org.chameleon.boot.plist with:
* GraphicsEnabler: Yes
* AtiConfig: Bulrushes
* Kernel Flags: AtiPorts=3 npci=0x3000
* PCIRootUID: 0
7) Booted from thumb drive, deleted the Lion "ATI6000Controller.kext" and copied the Mountain Lion "ATI4600Controller.kext" to S/L/E and repaired permissions.
8) rebooted without thumb drive. I have got my 1920x1200 resolution. I checked the framebuffer with "ioreg | grep ATY", which gave me the Bulrushes framebuffer instead of the generic Radeon framebuffer.
9) DVD works now and everything else.

I was about to replace my Gigabyte 6670 (which I bought due to the recommendation by Tonymac for Lion) but I'm happy now.

Cheers
Michael

Would you be able to explain why you did what you did in steps 2 through 7. For example I don't understand why in step 7 you would copy ATI4600Controller back to ML when it's already there? I desperately want to get my GB 6670 to be fully recognized and working properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back