Contribute
Register

(Gigabyte) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (4GB) fan is loud, help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI
CPU
3.9 GHz Intel Core i7-4770k
Graphics
(Gigabyte) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 4095 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Whenever I do something graphically demanding such as playing a game or running a benchmark, my video card gets very loud like it's gonna overheat. This is my first Hackintosh, and I've only had it for a few weeks, so I don't know if I have everything I need as far as drivers and fixes go. At the moment, I have CUDA Driver Version 5.5.47, and NVIDIA Web Driver 331.01.01f02. I have also added the appropriate "nvda_drv=1" in the kernel flags of my org.chameleon.Boot.plist file. Have I done everything I need to do? Have I done something wrong? I ran the Unigine Heaven Benchmark on Extreme and only got a 788 for my score. I feel like my card is supposed to be much faster than that.

Whenever I do something graphically demanding such as playing a game or running a benchmark, my video card gets very loud like it's gonna overheat. This is my first Hackintosh, and I've only had it for a few weeks, so I don't know if I have everything I need as far as drivers and fixes go. At the moment, I have CUDA Driver Version 5.5.47, and NVIDIA Web Driver 331.01.01f02. I have also added the appropriate "nvda_drv=1" in the kernel flags of my org.chameleon.Boot.plist file. Have I done everything I need to do? Have I done something wrong? I ran the Unigine Heaven Benchmark on Extreme and only got a 788 for my score. I feel like my card is supposed to be much faster than that.

the clock do not throttles down

Fix for OpenCL crash with GK110B based cards
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/122777-fix-opencl-crash-gk110b-based-cards.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back