Contribute
Register

Gigabyte H61M-s: A beginner in need of advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
For your convenience and to reduce any installation complications, it would be pertinent to make the installer correctly and download the correct MultiBeast version for Sierra/High Sierra (I forget which you are going to run).
Thanks for the suggestion. I have been planning to install High Sierra. I have downloaded the correct versions of Unibeast and Multibeast. I have already checked and verified the versions thrice before making the bootable USB and everything by far has been perfect.
I'll begin with the main part, which is the actual installation, as soon as I receive the PC components for upgradation.

After creating the bootable USB with Unibeast (when I wasn't sure whether I had selected Inject Nvidia or not), I just reformatted the USB drive through Disk Utility in the same format, i.e. MacOs extended (journaled), wiping it completely. And then used Unibeast to make the USB bootable again.

Last edited:
Just wanted to update that there has been a delay and I'll be getting the parts, at most by Monday or Tuesday. Meanwhile, I tried booting into the USB I made, just to test if it's working. After choosing to boot to USB (UEFI), the GIGABYTE splash screen appeared, after which, a few commands (first of which said something like "Mounting HFS") appeared below it for a second or two, which scrolled up alongwith the GIGABYTE logo (just like it did in this video). And then I was at the Clover bootloader.
I exited after that as I haven't yet got the new HDD I have planned to install Hackintosh on, and didn't want to mess with the Windows HDD already present in the system.

Last edited:
Thankyou everyone for your inputs.
So I finally received my new RAM sticks and a Hard drive today, and have been successful in installing High Sierra. :headbang: Got it installed in the second attempt, and didn't face any major issue during the process. It was WAY easy and smooth than I had been expecting.
Ethernet worked OOB, GPU working, Monitor working at native resolution after Nvidia injection, didn't have the need for any display adapter as VGA works flawlessly, sleep/wake working, Audio worked after some hassle.

In a day or two, I'll be posting a well-detailed guide/success-story, including everything I did, the problems that I faced alongwith their solutions, and a (low quality but watchable) screen/monitor recording that I tried to capture with my phone.

Congratulations on a successful installation. :clap:

Post in the User Builds forum and follow the User Builds Guide and do follow the User Builds Template for your guide. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back