Contribute
Register

Gigabyte H61M-s: A beginner in need of advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Hey there,
Before purchasing new RAM for the PC, I have a confusion that I wanted to clear which is regarding the maximum RAM support for my Gigabyte H61M-s. According to the tech-specs of the motherboard, it has
2 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 16 GB of system memory
Now the confusion here is whether each slot supports up to 16 GB of RAM (making a total of 32 GB), or is it up to 16 GB for both the slots combined (8+8 GB)?
I tried googling and one answer on Quora was in support of the former, while another answer on Tomshardware was in support of the latter.

Last edited:
So I just created the USB Drive using the Unibeast 8.3.2. It took around 25 minutes to copy the files as I preferred using an old, spare USB Pendrive rather than purchasing a new one.
Anyway, I am unsure whether I selected the "Inject Nvidia" option at the last step or not in Unibeast. I could re-format it and recreate the USB drive through Unibeast but I don't want to go through all the hassle again and waste any more time. Is there any way to verify whether nvidia was actually "injected" by Unibeast or not? I am guessing it's the config.plist in the EFI partition that needs to be checked. If so, which parameter should I be looking for in that file?
I tried to find Graphics/Inject/NVIDIA=YES in EFI>EFI>CLOVER>Config.plist but there's no such line in there.

Last edited:
Try your new installer on the Gigabyte board and see how you go first.
I don't have access to that PC right now. And neither have I got the required components for it yet. I am at a friend's place using his iMac Pro for creating the USB.
When I get home to test out the USB, I won't have access to the iMac Pro And this is the reason why I was asking.
I checked 3-4 success threads of users who used exactly the same board and GPU as mine, and everyone of them had to use GraphicsEnabler=YES to continue with the installation.

Anyway, I just recreated the USB drive choosing the following options.
Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 2.13.28 PM.png

Will be getting the new HDD, RAMs, Display adapter in a few hours. Let's see how it goes!

everyone of them had to use GraphicsEnabler=YES to continue with the installation
GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No is for the Chimera/Chameleon bootloader and has zero effect in Clover.

GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No is for the Chimera/Chameleon bootloader and has zero effect in Clover.
Hi,
Yes, I am already aware of that. The threads that I read were from the time when Clover was probably not released and those previous bootloaders in which GraphicsEnabler=Yes was applicable were in use.
As the Inject Nvidia option in Unibeast/Clover is equivalent to the GraphicsEnabler=Yes of Chimera/Chameleon, I wanted to make sure that I have selected it.

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 2.48.29 PM.png

Last edited:
I don't have access to that PC right now. And neither have I got the required components for it yet. I am at a friend's place using his iMac Pro for creating the USB.
When I get home to test out the USB, I won't have access to the iMac Pro And this is the reason why I was asking.

For your convenience and to reduce any installation complications, it would be pertinent to make the installer correctly and download the correct MultiBeast version for Sierra/High Sierra (I forget which you are going to run).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back