Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

the problem : only VGA is providing video output after boot.
I can start my computer with any integrated output video port (VGA, DVI, HDMI), the apple logo and progression bar is showing, but after a while before the end of booting process, display is forced on the VGA output, the other one's turn to black screen (no signal). Device is accessible with remote display, and no display is showing attached to AppleIntelFrameBuffer@2 (when I boot with HDMI for instance).

Note : I have an install with SMBIOS set to MacBookPro15,2 with macOS 10.13.6 (17G2307) so the UHD 630 is detected natively, and working just fine with VGA. I don't have a dedicated graphic card, I'm trying to build a minimal setup for my first try.
- BIOS is using only default values
- Clover : Inject Intel (necessary for UHD630 visibility), KernelPm, Apple RTC, Inject Kexts.
- Kexts : FakeSMC, IntelMausiEthernet, and a custom-made USB injector (USB 3 is working fine).

Most advices I've found on the forum are for different setup, and prior to the native Coffee Lake support with latest 10.13.6 build for MacBookPro.
I've searched for a few days in many places... without success. I'm pretty sure the information is here, somewhere, may be hidden (the truth is out there).
Any help will be greatly appreciated !
If relevant, when it will be fixed, I can post a dedicated guide for this mother board, with my USB injector, etc.

Regards.

Hello Geekalapomme,

I read your thread here because I have almost the exact same hardware.
Unlike you I am not able to install a system at all. I have been trying for two days and never can reach the installer of the OS.
I wonder what magic you didn't to reach it?
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Eike

Hello,

you will need to be more specific.
What is your hardware ? From your signature, it seems we don't have the same motherboard. And the motherboard is the main issue most of the time :)
Did you follow the "Installation Guide" ?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.259381/
or the equivalent for High Sierra (I'm running Mojave now).
What step is not working ? Can you boot on the USB key ?
The only trick I can say is to use the MacBookPro15,2 as SMBIOS to have Coffee Lake support.
Also, remove the RX580 and make the install using the VGA port from your motherboard first.

B.

I had the same graphics blackout issue on my H370N WIFI + Core i3-8100 running High Sierra.

Try this:
1) Download EFI Mounter: https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/efi-mounter-v3.280/
2) Run EFI Mounter & mount your HD's EFI partition
3) In the Finder, navigate to your HD's Clover config file (EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist), and double-click to open it in TextEdit
4) In TextEdit, change config.plist's string value for Devices -> FakeID -> IntelGFX from "0x0" to "0x12345678"
5) Save config.plist and reboot

The graphics blackout only happened when booting from the HD, but not the USB drive, so I stepped through the differences between the USB & HD CLOVER folders until finding the USB's IntelGFX string value fixed the issue. (The Clover version installed by the High Sierra UniBeast to the USB is 4428, and the Clover version installed by the High Sierra MultiBeast to the HD is 4630).

Hello,

you will need to be more specific.
What is your hardware ? From your signature, it seems we don't have the same motherboard. And the motherboard is the main issue most of the time :)
Did you follow the "Installation Guide" ?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.259381/
or the equivalent for High Sierra (I'm running Mojave now).
What step is not working ? Can you boot on the USB key ?
The only trick I can say is to use the MacBookPro15,2 as SMBIOS to have Coffee Lake support.
Also, remove the RX580 and make the install using the VGA port from your motherboard first.

B.

Hi Geekalapomme,
sorry for being unclear. I have one built running and try to do another one with these specs.
I´ve been trying for two days to install either High Sierra or Mojave on the following hardware:

Mobo: Gigabyte H370M D3H GSM (F.2)
CPU: Intel Core i5-8600K CPU @3,6 Ghz (UHD630)
RAM: Ballistik 16GB
SSD: Samsung SSD 970 EVO 250GB
no extra graphics card installed

I followed the instructions here in the guide. I can boot from the usb to clover but after clover it hangs before the MacOs installation menu.
Maybe it has something to do with ACPI tables?

Thanks for looking at the stuff!

edit #1:
Meanwhile I managed to install High Sierra and updated to Mojave. With Mojave I get a black screen right before the OS login Window. I can boot to High Sierra on a different HD, but only have low resolution Desktop. The Computer is connected to a 4K Samsung display via HDMI. Shortly it worked in 4K resolution, but after I changed some settings and updated it doesn't anymore.

So there is a mysterious graphic issue and I have no idea how to fix it.
Maybe you know the hack for that.

Cheers & thanks,

Eike

Last edited:
ok, after a lot of hours I finally managed to install Mojave and have a running system. Now I have the same issue, that the graphics are only 1280 x 1024.
The UHD 630 shows in about this Mac with 5 MB.
I connect to a 4K Display via DVI cable to hdmi.
I could only use the platform-id: 0x3E9B8086, every other number I tried ended in a black screen before login.
My SMBIOS is MacBookPro15,2

Any suggestions how to get a better resolution?

Hello,

I can start my computer with any integrated output video port (VGA, DVI, HDMI), the apple logo and progression bar is showing, but after a while before the end of booting process, display is forced on the VGA output, the other one's turn to black screen (no signal). Device is accessible with remote display, and no display is showing attached to AppleIntelFrameBuffer@2 (when I boot with HDMI for instance).

Note : I have an install with SMBIOS set to MacBookPro15,2 with macOS 10.13.6 (17G2307) so the UHD 630 is detected natively, and working just fine with VGA. I don't have a dedicated graphic card, I'm trying to build a minimal setup for my first try.
- Clover : Inject Intel (necessary for UHD630 visibility), KernelPm, Apple RTC, Inject Kexts.
- Kexts : FakeSMC, IntelMausiEthernet, and a custom-made USB injector (USB 3 is working fine).

Most advices I've found on the forum are for different setup, and prior to the native Coffee Lake support with latest 10.13.6 build for MacBookPro.
I've searched for a few days in many places... without success. I'm pretty sure the information is here, somewhere, may be hidden (the truth is out there).
If relevant, when it will be fixed, I can post a dedicated guide for this mother board, with my USB injector, etc.

Regards.

Hello, i have the exact same motherboard with 8700 and rx 580, but I get a lot of problems to get USB 3 working : usbinjectall + patch does not work and hackintool usb section make a good kext but strangely the USB 3 that I get working don't work anymore after some restart... can't explain why...
I am under 10.14.2, can you share me your EFI to help me please ?

Hello Goldorac,

Regarding USB, I had to write my own injector. I don't remember where I found the tutorial, but you need to use some system tools to retrieve specific IDs for your ports, and build the XML file for mapping correctly the ports.
You'll find attached the kext file specific for my motherboard. If you have the exact same one, it "should" work. I guess you have the same internal IDs on your system. Just try it. Note : this kext is in my CLOVER folder (kext/others) directly.

Attachments

• H370M-D3H-GSM-MBP15.2-USB-Injector-0.3.kext.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 82
@Geekalapomme

Hello,

Regards.

Have you tried the framebuffer patching yet? If you don't know what framebuffer patching is then you should start with this guide
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/

Its very detailed and made for the starters. You may also need connectors patch which will fix your HDMI or DVI-D port rather than VGA. Let me know which connector you want for display.

By the way, can you upload your config file so that I can look into it?

Hello, thanks for the reply. I'm using a RX580 with no problem for almost 4 months now, and don't need anymore the HDMI/DVI ports from the motherboard. So problem fixed :)
Next problem I'll have to fix is the "jpeg" issue with Mojave, but for now I don't have the patience, and I just associated the jpg extension to "safari" :-D
Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back