Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE GB-BXi5-4570R brix pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
We appreciate your information. There is no such item in BIOS now. Your valuable feedback is the motivation for us to improve and serve you better. This mail has been forward to relevant department, possible improvement will be made under a comprehensive evaluation. If there is overheat issue with your product, we suggest you make sure your system is in good air flow environment.*

Regards,
GIGABYTE

......... Maybe we'll get manual control or a minimum RPM setting in the next BIOS update.

Autopoweroff is 0 now and i still have the Problem, there might some other settings in Pmset?

Active Profiles:
AC Power -1*
Currently in use:
standby 1
Sleep On Power Button 1
womp 1
hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage
darkwakes 0
networkoversleep 0
disksleep 10
sleep 1 (sleep prevented by iTunes, mds, mds_stores, UserEventAgent, UserEventAgent)
autopoweroffdelay 14400
hibernatemode 0
autopoweroff 0
ttyskeepawake 1
displaysleep 20
standbydelay 10800

when do you find that error in your log? these are the same settings I have but no (sleep prevented by section)...

ALSO

try disabling power nap in energy settings.

We appreciate your information. There is no such item in BIOS now. Your valuable feedback is the motivation for us to improve and serve you better. This mail has been forward to relevant department, possible improvement will be made under a comprehensive evaluation. If there is overheat issue with your product, we suggest you make sure your system is in good air flow environment.*

Regards,
GIGABYTE

......... Maybe we'll get manual control or a minimum RPM setting in the next BIOS update.

do you think updating to the newest BIOS will cause any problems with clover?

That is interesting; I made a service ticket with Gigabyte and provided a screen shot of my temps. They tried to pass it off as something that I was doing. I replied that almost every professional review talks about heat issues and they asked what temp it is when I first turn it on... Um, room temp. I just gave up and ordered the fan that I previously discussed. Unfortunately, the MOBO connector is a mini pwm and I couldn't swap the stock connector with the new one because the pins were too tiny and fragile. I ordered new pins and connectors but it might be awhile. Sadly, I've bricked my Brix until the supplies show up to swap the connectors around.

http://www.streacom.com/

I was thinking about trying to fit the brix mobo in one of these cases, with a better cpu cooler, I'm not sure how I would get all the ports accessible though.

Theres some nice fanless cases apparently capable of 65W TDP with lots of heatpipes...

any thoughts on this?

So, I ended up cutting off the connector of the original fan with some of the wires attached and soldering it to the Dynatron DB128015BU wires because the connector is impossible to find. I am actually still working on figuring out the part number. Regardless, it fit into the case and it works. I am currently typing this on my Brix; the temperature of the CPU is 48 degrees and the mSATA SSD is 54 degrees. That's pretty awesome except that the fan is running at 3,750 rpm and the max speed is 6,000 rpm. The noise is worse than the stock fan and is probably around 35-40 decibels if I had to guess. I'm not sure if the fan running at 50% capacity is because the power requirements are different from the original fan or what. It was around 1,300 rpm when I first started the computer and was in the BIOS but it ramped up once Windows 7 loaded. That makes me think that all of the wires are properly soldered and that the PWM function is somewhat present. I haven't tried doing anything intensive yet to see if the fan gets any higher. I will play around with it more tomorrow to see if anything changes.

I was thinking about getting the dynatron k2. But the reviews do say it is noise but it is probably quieter than the stock fan since it is max 40 decibels. Anyways, whatever we try it does not seem we can improve noise and cpu temperature at the same time.

I think if the fan would just idle at 1800rpm, it would be both cool and quiet unless it's really being pushed.

I was thinking about getting the dynatron k2. But the reviews do say it is noise but it is probably quieter than the stock fan since it is max 40 decibels. Anyways, whatever we try it does not seem we can improve noise and cpu temperature at the same time.

if you used this cooler would you cut some of the heatsink off? I think the brix heatsink is shaped around some power components on the mobo.

I looked into that connector more, it appears to actually be a 2x5 pin header and it's on most brix versions, but it's not labeled with anything besides H08, and no one knows what it is, also it looks like those two fans on the brix gaming are hooked to some other connector :(

if you used this cooler would you cut some of the heatsink off? I think the brix heatsink is shaped around some power components on the mobo.

I looked into that connector more, it appears to actually be a 2x5 pin header and it's on most brix versions, but it's not labeled with anything besides H08, and no one knows what it is, also it looks like those two fans on the brix gaming are hooked to some other connector :(

You would have to use the stock heaksink because it is molded around the power button and some of the components. Another issue is that you can't use the screw holes without modification to the fan even if you buy a 75mm Dynatron. Dynatron's fans use screws from underneath and those lovely flat head "screws" on top of the unit are molded and do not come off. You would have to drill through those in order to screw into the current heatsink. I just used the 4 pieces of double sided tape to hold mine on and it is fine so far with no vibrations.

My fan is not being taxed and I'm not sure why it ramps up so high. I have SMART fan control on and everything is the same as what it was when the stock fan was attached. The stock fan ran at approximately 20% power which generally seems to be the standard for an idle speed. That is what my Dynatron starts at but quickly ramps up to 50% for no reason.

I contacted someone from Jameco to see if they stocked the connector and he said that it seems to be a PicoBlade connector or it could be something manufactured by JST. I have never heard of either and haven't done anymore research but that might help lead to the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back