Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE GB-BXi5-4570R brix pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the crucial msata 500 and it seems stable so far. I also got the JBL pebbles usb speakers and those are fantastic with this box no need for a power supply.

I got the crucial msata 500 and it seems stable so far. I also got the JBL pebbles usb speakers and those are fantastic with this box no need for a power supply.

glad the m500 is working out, I was reading the data sheet on it, apparently it is default set to throttle itself at 75 degrees, so maybe this is why it maintains stability.

That does look like a fan header; that would be convenient. My M500 got up to 75 - 80 when my fan failed and it throttled but seemed to be fine. I can't test it until I get my new one but it should still work.

I may be near a PC shop tomorrow. If I am, I'll buy a 20mm fan and see if it works.

Any brand recommendations?

I may be near a PC shop tomorrow. If I am, I'll buy a 20mm fan and see if it works.

Any brand recommendations?

I will probably end up getting this one if a 20mm fits in the case. The wires are long enough to go across the case and plug into the header and it should move a decent amount of air. I haven't really heard of most of the manufacturers that I have seen so maybe just a relatively quiet one?

I will probably end up getting this one if a 20mm fits in the case. The wires are long enough to go across the case and plug into the header and it should move a decent amount of air. I haven't really heard of most of the manufacturers that I have seen so maybe just a relatively quiet one?

ADDA 80mm fans are nice.

I would be interested to know if the brix gaming uses the same main blower fan and what the specs are on those two side fans.

The psu is the same, will that two wire fan hook up easily to the 4 pin header or do you need something pwm.

I would assume that it uses the same blower fan; I would think that there would be less room with the fans and GPU. The 15mm is the smallest thickness blower fan that I saw when I was trying to find a way to put a bigger one in there. And I believe that I read that the side fans are 40mm but I have no idea where I read it. It is my understanding that wire 1 is always the ground, wire 2 is the 12V, wire 3 is the fan's tach sensor, and wire 4 is for fan control. So you won't be able to see how fast the fan is spinning like you would with a 3 pin; but it will just be going as fast as the tech specs state.

Repasted the CPU and saw lower temps after boot during idle, but still the same behavior of only cooling to the upper 60s once the system has been pushed. I think the BIOS kicks the fan down to 1000rpm too easily. It's still very quiet approaching 2000rpm, so I wish it would run there until temps were below 55C or lower. Average temps during Dolphin and Intel stress tests seemed to be a few degrees cooler. I also added an old 60GB PS3 2.5" HDD and saw an unfortunate increase in m-SATA SSD temps. I will keep an eye on it and see if I can find a definite pattern. I think with a BIOS update that allowed fan tweaking, I could make everything operate within acceptable temperature ranges while maintaining low noise levels.

I haven't really looked into adding a 20mm fan yet. I may dig through my box of stuff and see if I already have something that could work. If you guys have success adding an extra fan, please let everyone know. If a simple fix could drop down CPU and SSD temps 10 degrees, this box would be perfect.

Do you guys know the cpu fan cfm and fan size for this box? I wonder if it is possible to replace the cpu fan with one that has higher cfm and lower decibels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back