Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
ok starting my first non custo-build,
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856164011

I will be adding and editing this post with new info and reorganizing the info that may not be needed.

I have some info from the inside of the case and bios...

motherboard is listed as M4HM87P

not a ton of options in the bios... it is an AMI bios but the older ascii based one.. in order to boot I from the usb I had to make a change I didn't recognize...

I have the new haswell/iris pro hd5200 based brix pro. I am able to boot to the multibeast startup screen but no matter what option I put in I get a reboot just after the apple logo displays.

so I have the standard unibeast usb that I had used to build my customac mini deluxe.

I am going to try a few different things... rehabman turned me onto a thread about making a custom kernal, and I see the nuc users have had success with kernel edits also... then there is always clover which I know nothing about but see a great install guide in the forums...

hopefully i will make enough headway to provide details to let some of you smart people keep giving me clues on getting this going.. if this box works out it would be an nice and very powerfull micro-solution for people to use...

I am currently using the standard SATA based ssd and my only msata ssd is in use on my nuc. (non-compatible with hackintoshing hd4400 :( )

so far this has been one of the best community threads I have used in a very long time its great to see so many people offering help and knowledge to every one...

UPDATE jan 20 2014:
I have used rehabmans haswell patch for the mavericks kernel and now I am able to boot into the installer using safe mode.

having an issue where the keyboard is super sensitive. I get duplicate letters with a quick press of a key... not sure what that is.. I will try some more searches here to see if there is a fix for that... maybe bios related?
Update 2 switching to chameleon

Update 3 jan 21 2014
installed chameleon still have to boot into safe mode... also I do not see the drive I installed mavericks too...

here is what I see when I don't boot in safe mode but turn on verbose...

wont let me upload the picture so here is a link to it in my g+ https://plus.google.com/photos/102015032045721052554/albums/5971433453144316657

update 4 jan 22 2014
I am unable to see the ssd, harddrive, or msata ssd from csm... I can only see my usb stic... I am going to try resetting bios and starting over again .. when I put a drive that is formated with mbr it sees it just fine...

Update 5 jan 23 2014
with all the help from rehabman I have been able to get the system booting from a local drive. Had to use gdisk to convert the partition scheme from gpt to mbr after installing... this was done through a ubuntu live usb... working on settings with multibeast... this is all hit or miss with me since I don't know the best way to set procede with testing ...

UPdate 6 jan 25 2014
I almost feel like I should be starting these with "captians log" lol... anyway... progress made thanks to everyone here on this board... the IGPlatformID=0c260000 will allow you to boot without using safemode. it has also gone to sleep and come back. I have not attempted sound card yet but I think it uses the same as the nuc.

ok well not sure if I can go any further here... it looks like this bios will not recognize a gpt partition as a bootable partition. maybe with a bios update... since this is the official box for steam development they even give a warning on there debian install page to not partition your disk as gpt.. but use mbr instead...

As rehabman has pointed out in another thread we are not allowed to discuss booting from mbr partitions. I am guessing that requires altering the mavericks installer which would be a clear violation of the forum rules.. so that is also a dead end.. (plus doesn't sound any fun to boot)

I will keep looking around for an answer to this.. but really until I can get it booting from the install in safe mode I wont be able to start asking you all for help on how to fix the problems.. :)

please feel free to ask any questions I am keeping the box..

ok well not sure if I can go any further here... it looks like this bios will not recognize a gpt partition as a bootable partition. maybe with a bios update... since this is the official box for steam development they even give a warning on there debian install page to not partition your disk as gpt.. but use mbr instead...

As rehabman has pointed out in another thread we are not allowed to discuss booting from mbr partitions. I am guessing that requires altering the mavericks installer which would be a clear violation of the forum rules.. so that is also a dead end.. (plus doesn't sound any fun to boot)

I will keep looking around for an answer to this.. but really until I can get it booting from the install in safe mode I wont be able to start asking you all for help on how to fix the problems.. :)

please feel free to ask any questions I am keeping the box..

Two options:

- use Clover UEFI

OR

- Install to GPT and convert to MBR. See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...e-i7-2600k-hd3000-ml-10-8-2-a.html#post520519

thanks I used the gdisk method and have it booting locally in safe mode... I am working on different multibeast configurations now.. I will try a verbose again to see where it fails....

again thanks for your help so far almost feel like there is hope of getting a stable build out of this...

ok I am stopping right after bluetooth

also I do see a line stating acpi_smc_Platform_plugin... this shows unable to determine processor.

is there something I can do in multibeast to test different power management or disable power managment?

thanks I used the gdisk method and have it booting locally in safe mode... I am working on different multibeast configurations now.. I will try a verbose again to see where it fails....

again thanks for your help so far almost feel like there is hope of getting a stable build out of this...

ok I am stopping right after bluetooth

also I do see a line stating acpi_smc_Platform_plugin... this shows unable to determine processor.

is there something I can do in multibeast to test different power management or disable power managment?

Sounds more like a graphics issue. Check:
- IGPU memory to 64MB
- digital connection to monitor
- GraphicsEnabler=Y or IGPEnabler=Y
- custom IGPPlatformID required? See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/378-new-intel-hd-graphics-boot-flags-chimera.html
- dart=0?

Note: You probably have power management issues to tackle too, but those will not keep you from booting.

Sounds more like a graphics issue.
- custom IGPPlatformID required?
Framebuffer suggestion: 0D220003
From IOJones,
WiFi Is working: Atheros AR9280
Ethernet: Realtek 8168 (MultiBeast)
Audio: Unknown, run
DPCIManager/Status
HDMI audio: AppleHDAController error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back