Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE GB-BXi5-4570R brix pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would have to use the stock heaksink because it is molded around the power button and some of the components. Another issue is that you can't use the screw holes without modification to the fan even if you buy a 75mm Dynatron. Dynatron's fans use screws from underneath and those lovely flat head "screws" on top of the unit are molded and do not come off. You would have to drill through those in order to screw into the current heatsink. I just used the 4 pieces of double sided tape to hold mine on and it is fine so far with no vibrations.

My fan is not being taxed and I'm not sure why it ramps up so high. I have SMART fan control on and everything is the same as what it was when the stock fan was attached. The stock fan ran at approximately 20% power which generally seems to be the standard for an idle speed. That is what my Dynatron starts at but quickly ramps up to 50% for no reason.

I contacted someone from Jameco to see if they stocked the connector and he said that it seems to be a PicoBlade connector or it could be something manufactured by JST. I have never heard of either and haven't done anymore research but that might help lead to the answer.

JST makes all the connectors ever made... are you referring to the H08 or the minipwm connector?

JST makes all the connectors ever made... are you referring to the H08 or the minipwm connector?

I am guessing that it is the Molex 0510210400, which is WM1722-ND if you look on Digi-Key. I also looked at the 4-pin JST connectors that they stock and none of them had the same connector top. Another determining factor is the pitch and I don't have a caliper to determine if it is 1.25mm or 1.5mm.

I am guessing that it is the Molex 0510210400, which is WM1722-ND if you look on Digi-Key. I also looked at the 4-pin JST connectors that they stock and none of them had the same connector top. Another determining factor is the pitch and I don't have a caliper to determine if it is 1.25mm or 1.5mm.

hey, curious if you ever got the fan speed figured out? I would really love to find a way to make the fan speed change slower, the real problem with the noise is the constantly changing speed and freq. Any thoughts?

Hi guys.

I'm having a weird trouble. Everytime I unplug the power cord in the back panel at night, next day my brix pro won't start BIOS. I know this isn't related to mavericks but, I have to press the power button, wait a few seconds off and the it starts. Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks!

hey, curious if you ever got the fan speed figured out? I would really love to find a way to make the fan speed change slower, the real problem with the noise is the constantly changing speed and freq. Any thoughts?

I have not been able to do anything but mine was pretty quiet with the original fan at idle. The nice thing about my new fan is that it stays at a pretty constant speed. Sadly, the noise is around 40 dB at that speed but at least it is relatively consistent even under load. I don't think that there is any way other than Gigabyte updating the BIOS to allow for a fan curve OR a third party program like SpeedFan being able to control it.

has anyone using clover taken the plunge and upgraded to 10.9.3?

tonymacx86, is there going to be a guide for this box?

I'm suffering using Ubuntu for now :(

has anyone using clover taken the plunge and upgraded to 10.9.3?

updated yesterday, used the combo update, I only needed to reinstall audio kext with kext utility, then all was well.

Had some errors about kext not being able to be unloaded on my first shutdown but seems fine since.

I have had usb power surges quite frequently when gaming for a few hours, I am using a powered external hub, so I don't see how thats possible. This only happens on the front ports, I conclude that this is actually a heat issue, has anyone else seen this behavior or have any thoughts?

Ethernet seems to be recognized using rehabman kext (https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Realtek-Network). It shows in the system properties but I have not tested since I am using wifi.

I used this kext and now have Ethernet, but the network connection seems very very slow. Also, after installing that kext, the system hangs at the Apple logo unless I use boot flag -x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back