Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3
CPU
Core i5-4460
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SC
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hi,

Clean install of sierra and my audio is not working. I idiotically tried multiple audio drivers from MultiBeast and none of them worked. I later read that I shouldn't have multiple audio drivers installed so now I think that is what part of my problem is. I need to know how to get my audio working now. None of the fixes that I've seen work for me (probably because I installed multiple audio drivers :confused:).

So should I remove all the audio drivers I've tired so far? If so how do I do that? I've installed ALC887/888b, 100 Series Audio, and VoodooHDA v2.8.8 from MultiBeast. :banghead:

How can I fix my audio after I have removed the other drivers? I do not use HDMI btw. All I need to be able to do is use my headphone jack on the front of my case.

Here are my build details:

Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3
Core i5-4460
Crucial Ballistix Tactical (16GB)
EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SC
Samsung 850 EVO 120GB (boot volume)
Seagate Barracuda 2TB
TP Link Wireless PCI Express adapter
Corsair CS 550 Watt
Corsair Carbide 300R

I really appreciate all of your help!

Delete kexts added by going to /System/Library/Extensions/

Download and use "kext wizard" to rebuild cache after deleting. Then restart comp.

Use only drivers from multibeast that apply to your mobo's sound codec ie: 887. That's all theroretical. I have never been able to get multibeast audio driver/kexts to work and provide sound. I am having the same problem of no sound too.

So nice seeing someone having the exact same PC build like me. But also so sad that they are experiencing the same audio bug that I was going through... And btw, I didn't fix it, ended up trying every method ever written about ALC887 and nothing worked so I just gave up. Hope you got it working tho since it's been 4 months haha, share the solution w/ me:lol:

Hey @volts I fixed my issues using @toleda's CloverALC: https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC.

You can check out II. Problem Reporting, Post #1, No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA if the CloverALC doesn't work for you.

And just FYI I am running MacOS v10.12.3 and when I updated to v10.12.5 the audio broke and wasn't working so I reverted back to v10.12.3. I haven't found a solution for that yet and haven't really had the time to look into it. Let me know if you find a solution for v10.12.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back