Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
intel i7 3770k
Graphics
MSI Twin Frozr III
Hi, i've been in and out of this site many times but believe this to be my first time actually posting so thanks for reading.

I built my hack back in 2012 and would like to get a couple more years out of it by upgrading the graphics card to something with at least 4gb. I do a lot of 4k editing for work

My mother board is a Gigabyte GA z77 Ds3h and this is my current graphics card https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127575

I am running El Capitan currently and would like to not have to update any further for now if possible

I am looking for any suggestions on what would work best

Thanks!

Hi, i've been in and out of this site many times but believe this to be my first time actually posting so thanks for reading.

I built my hack back in 2012 and would like to get a couple more years out of it by upgrading the graphics card to something with at least 4gb. I do a lot of 4k editing for work.

My mother board is a Gigabyte GA z77 Ds3h and this is my current graphics card : MSI Radeon 6950

I am running El Capitan currently and would like to not have to update any further for now if possible.

I am looking for any suggestions on what would work best.

Thanks!

Please update your motherboard, CPU and graphics card in your Personal Details as stipulated by the rules of this forum.

Any current video card you may want to purchase will require you to upgrade to MacOS Sierra at least, as only Sierra and above have the necessary driver support (or in the case of Nvidia have available drivers). For the AMD Vega GPUs, you need High Sierra for them to work.

If you want to stay on El Capitan but still want to upgrade the video card, you will have to find older (maybe used) cards that have El Capitan driver support, such as the Nvidia GTX9xx (Maxwell) series.

Please update your motherboard, CPU and graphics card in your Personal Details as stipulated by the rules of this forum.

Any current video card you may want to purchase will require you to upgrade to MacOS Sierra at least, as only Sierra and above have the necessary driver support (or in the case of Nvidia have available drivers). For the AMD Vega GPUs, you need High Sierra for them to work.

If you want to stay on El Capitan but still want to upgrade the video card, you will have to find older (maybe used) cards that have El Capitan driver support, such as the Nvidia GTX9xx (Maxwell) series.

Thanks for the reply, yes I was thinking about the GTX980 just waasn't sure if I would have driver problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back