Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming and GA-Z270X-UD5 Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello i've got an Z270X Ultra Gaming

I can't boot because an ACPI mess I can't fix even using ACPI DSDT/SSDT patching.

With the last clover (4297), I can boot but i've got right away a kernel panic with the ACPI error : _[DSM] Namespace lookup failure AE_ALREADY_EXISTS.

It's not a dynamic duplicate SSDT error. I've seen no duplicate and even with the new option in clover (noDynamicExtract), I've still the issue.

I followed Rehabman guide. I've extracted the DSDT/SSDT. Enclosed you'll see the dump.

When I compiled the DSDT.DSL, I've got only one error with BNUM opcode. I removed the external reference and compilation ran well (iASL 6.1).

So I'm stuck on that platform where I cannot boot due this ACPI error. It's probably a mess in the bios. I've upgraded to the last bios of course.

Does anyone have the same issue ?

Not sure if this is the answer to your problems but... Umang's KabyLake Build: i7 7700K, 16GB RAM, GTX1080, 250GB EVO SSD + 1TB HDD This person has seemed to have gotten his Z270X Ultra Gaming working nominally. His BIOS settings are unusual (to 'Hackintoshing'). My problem is that I can't get past Clover's loading to get to the OS X installer. Good luck and let us know if you have success. - K

This worked like a charm for me, thanks @barsqiue! GIGABYTE GA-Z270X-UD5 + i7 7700k + eVGA 1080 SuperClocked + Intel 750 NVMe PCIe as boot hard drive, dual-booting Windows on the same drive.

Ethernet works, Nvidia's new Pascal drivers work, audio works, FileVault2 works, USB works.

I haven't tried USB 3, Thunderbolt, WiFi or Bluetooth stuff yet.
So what kexts are required for the ALC1220 audio to work? Struggling to get this last one working... just need sound!!!

Thanks!

Also, I have:
Video Intel HD 630 working (I am having problem with two screens when I turn on the PC with the HDMI monitor off)
Sound acl1220 working
Network ethernet only 1 working
Usb all ports working but I dont know the speed
Wifi and bluetooth (BCM943602CS) working
Shutdown and restart from OS working (not working when I press the button on the case)

Today My biggest problem is the screen, because I have a projector connected to HDMI that is usually off, but if I leave the cable connected to the projector (off) when I start the PC i have no screen... To get it working I need to disconnect the hdmi cable before start OR turn on the projector before start the PC.
How did you get the Sound acl1220 working???? Appreciate any help on this topic. Trying to get this working for a week straight now.

Onboard audio is on in the BIOS, selecting ALC1220 in multibeast, still not working. No audio device.

How did you get the Sound acl1220 working???? Appreciate any help on this topic. Trying to get this working for a week straight now.

Onboard audio is on in the BIOS, selecting ALC1220 in multibeast, still not working. No audio device.
Due to a "bug" in Sierra and High Sierra, you have to install the audio twice. Once with the full configuration, reboot, then just select both your audio configuration options again, install, reboot.

See the Please Note in the last MulitBeast announcement > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/multibeast-10-1-update.237813/

Due to a "bug" in Sierra and High Sierra, you have to install the audio twice. Once with the full configuration, reboot, then just select both your audio configuration options again, install, reboot.

See the Please Note in the last MulitBeast announcement > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/multibeast-10-1-update.237813/
Can't wait to test this out tonight! So excited at the possibility of this actually working with onboard audio!!! Thank You. Results forthcoming.

Progress, but still not working. Did what you said. Ran MulitBeast again and just selected the audio driver. applied. restarted. Sound device does show up now (progress!) but no audio thru either line out options. Video/audio playback halted again.

MulitBeast selection (should be ALC1220 right?) and Preferences>Sound screen shots attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 5.54.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 5.54.36 PM.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 158
  • Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 5.56.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 5.56.20 PM.png
    138.7 KB · Views: 157
What selections did you choose in the Audio section? Only the ALC1220 or did you pick another option as well?
I picked both the 1220 and the 100/200 option which you should choose because you have a 200 series motherboard. See the MultiBeast Features document, which came with MultiBeast, for more information.

In the Sound Preference pane, choose Internal Speakers.

I picked both the 1220 and the 100/200 option which you should choose because you have a 200 series motherboard. See the MultiBeast Features document, which came with MultiBeast, for more information.

In the Sound Preference pane, choose Internal Speakers.
I picked those both and only those... applied changes... restarted. restarted again. Device showing up but not functioning. I've even booted into windows 10 (on another SSD) just to confirm that the onboard audio does work and it definitely does. Hmmm, still struggling with this on the High Sierra side...

Wondering how to back out the MultiBeast stuff and do that process again? Not sure what files/directories I can look at to do that. Feels like that may be worth while to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back