Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA H87-HD3 with Core i7 4770 Will Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell 745
CPU
Core 2 Duo
Graphics
ATI
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hi, I am going to buy a Desktop with below specification. Will this will run OS X 10.9 Mavericks.

my system will be:

Gigabyte GA H87-HD3 or Asus H87M-E
750 GB hard
i7 4770 processors Haswell
4Gb Corsair Value Ram

Please Please Please Help me if you got success.

Hi, I am going to buy a Desktop with below specification. Will this will run OS X 10.9 Mavericks.

my system will be:

Gigabyte GA H87-HD3 or Asus H87M-E
750 GB hard
i7 4770 processors Haswell
4Gb Corsair Value Ram

Please Please Please Help me if you got success.

The Gigabyte motherboard will be easier to do. The Asus may be possible, although not as straightforward as you will need to install the Chimera boot loader and your extra folder to the EFI partition to get the Asus working:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/401-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html

Adrian B

The Gigabyte motherboard will be easier to do. The Asus may be possible, although not as straightforward as you will need to install the Chimera boot loader and your extra folder to the EFI partition to get the Asus working:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/401-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html

Adrian B

Thank you for your reply...

So means Gigabyte GA H87-HD3 will be good to buy... Does this will support Mavericks... I want to confirm before spending so much money. Or any other GigaByte board will be preferable in a same price.
Please tell me should I buy this board or not for mavericks.

Thank you for your reply...

So means Gigabyte GA H87-HD3 will be good to buy... Does this will support Mavericks... I want to confirm before spending so much money. Or any other GigaByte board will be preferable in a same price.
Please tell me should I buy this board or not for mavericks.

The GA-H87-HD3 should be as easy as any of the other Gigabyte motherboards that are listed in the latest buyers guide.

Follow 10.9 guide for UEFI Bios, also setting the internal graphics and 64mb memory. Use the following MultiBeast as a starting point:
Quick Start - without DSDT
Ethernet kext - Lnx2Mac Realtek option
Audio Kext - Without DSDT, ALC892 current from latest multiBeast
1080P Display mode option

I will be building using one of these motherboards next Tuesday (Christmas eve) with an Intel i5-4440 processor and 8 GB RAM (much better than 4).

Adrian B

The GA-H87-HD3 should be as easy as any of the other Gigabyte motherboards that are listed in the latest buyers guide.

Follow 10.9 guide for UEFI Bios, also setting the internal graphics and 64mb memory. Use the following MultiBeast as a starting point:

I will be building using one of these motherboards next Tuesday (Christmas eve) with an Intel i5-4440 processor and 8 GB RAM (much better than 4).

Adrian B

Thank you for your great guide. I will update this thread when I start setup of Mavericks on H87-HD3. I am going to buy this board on saturday(hope so)...

Also please update me with your success on H87-HD3 when you start building it.

Thank you once again..

Thank you for your great guide. I will update this thread when I start setup of Mavericks on H87-HD3. I am going to buy this board on saturday(hope so)...

Also please update me with your success on H87-HD3 when you start building it.

Thank you once again..

It is only some rough settings, but should be enough to get you up and running - a bit of on hand trial and error with some other settings may improve some aspects of functionality/sleep etc - but that board should run with the settings that I have given. If you get the chance to try your build before I do, then report back with your findings. :thumbup:

Adrian B

I just bought this exact same board and CPU (actually, it's the 4770K) this morning (literally 30 minutes ago). I'll be building tonight after I get home from work.

Adrian B

Using these settings after installing, everything went very smoothly and so far everything has been working properly. Unfortunately I've been out of town for 4 days, so I didn't get much chance to play with it and test everything, but I'll be doing so tonight when I get home from work. The only problem I've had so far is that I can't boot with Chameleon/Chimera without the USB stick plugged in, but I'm going to try the 4k workaround tonight to see if that helps (I only have a 3TB hard drive in that box right now).

Hello guys, I'm new in the forum, and I do not know English well, can you give me a hand to install Mavericks on:
Mother board: Gigabyte h87-hd3;
Ages hdd samsung 250Gb SSD;
Ram Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 1600MHz LP DDR3 (4x2);
Integrated Video Card.

Thank you.
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back