Foxconn H55MXV
CPU
Core i3 540
Graphics
Gigabyte GT650
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Is it possible to replace the mini PCIe card(what is come with the specified mainboard built in) to a Broadcom BCM94322HM8L? I want a mini-ITX build, but i have a Gigabyte GTX650 card, so there is no room for a mini PCIe-to-PCIe card.

nobodynose

Motherboard
ASRock Z370M Pro4
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Is it possible to replace the mini PCIe card(what is come with the specified mainboard built in) to a Broadcom BCM94322HM8L? I want a mini-ITX build, but i have a Gigabyte GTX650 card, so there is no room for a mini PCIe-to-PCIe card.

The one that comes with the motherboard is an Intel Centrino, which as you know is unsupported in OS X. Yes, you can replace it with a Broadcom BCM94322HM8L. You can also use an Atheros 9280; either one will work as a native Airport card. Here's a thread about the Atheros option: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/58146-guide-airport-half-mini-pcie.html, and here's one about the Broadcom: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/6...-wifi-card-tested-10-6-8-10-7-4-10-8-1-a.html.

Motherboard
Foxconn H55MXV
CPU
Core i3 540
Graphics
Gigabyte GT650
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
THX for the correct answer, meanwhile i found it. For first run I don't know what I'm looking for. I think the Atheros way will be the right for me.

Motherboard
Gigabyte H77N
CPU
i3 3225
Graphics
Intel 4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just installed a Broadcom BCM94322HM8L from Ebay for 13.50 to my door and it works perfectly. This is a great solution that keeps the only PCI slot open. Im not sure if it uses both antennas but it is very fast on WiFi

Bluetooth is working perfectly with a IOGEAR GBU521. Everything wakes up from sleep and I can not believe how much more smoothly all is working now with Mavericks and the latest software from this site. All was purchased a year ago and I gave up due to the buggy-ness and now it appears rock solid. The only very minor issue is that the machine needs a bounce if the ethernet network port is changed. Wow what a difference. Huge Kudos to all on Tonymac!

Status
Not open for further replies.