Graphics
Gigabyte GT650
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Is it possible to replace the mini PCIe card(what is come with the specified mainboard built in) to a Broadcom BCM94322HM8L? I want a mini-ITX build, but i have a Gigabyte GTX650 card, so there is no room for a mini PCIe-to-PCIe card.

Is it possible to replace the mini PCIe card(what is come with the specified mainboard built in) to a Broadcom BCM94322HM8L? I want a mini-ITX build, but i have a Gigabyte GTX650 card, so there is no room for a mini PCIe-to-PCIe card.

The one that comes with the motherboard is an Intel Centrino, which as you know is unsupported in OS X. Yes, you can replace it with a Broadcom BCM94322HM8L. You can also use an Atheros 9280; either one will work as a native Airport card. Here's a thread about the Atheros option: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/58146-guide-airport-half-mini-pcie.html, and here's one about the Broadcom: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/6...-wifi-card-tested-10-6-8-10-7-4-10-8-1-a.html.

THX for the correct answer, meanwhile i found it. For first run I don't know what I'm looking for. I think the Atheros way will be the right for me.

I just installed a Broadcom BCM94322HM8L from Ebay for 13.50 to my door and it works perfectly. This is a great solution that keeps the only PCI slot open. Im not sure if it uses both antennas but it is very fast on WiFi

Bluetooth is working perfectly with a IOGEAR GBU521. Everything wakes up from sleep and I can not believe how much more smoothly all is working now with Mavericks and the latest software from this site. All was purchased a year ago and I gave up due to the buggy-ness and now it appears rock solid. The only very minor issue is that the machine needs a bounce if the ethernet network port is changed. Wow what a difference. Huge Kudos to all on Tonymac!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back