Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell
CPU
i3
Graphics
i3
Hi,

I have successfully installed Yosemite using a UniBeast created USB drive with the Legacy USB option. All works fine on the first boot of the new system using the USB key, however I cannot make it work having installed MultiBeast. I have tried the following options on a fresh OS install each time:
  • User DSDT: I have a DSDT from a Lion install I did on this board a few years ago - this doesn't work (system won't boot, hangs on the Apple logo screen). Not sure if DSDTs are OS version independent?
  • No DSDT: Installed the boot loader with the required kernel flags (GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000, confirmed all of this in boot.plist) and also the required options plus USB3 support (read that this would fix USB on this board) and also the AppleRTC patch to prevent BIOS flashing. This boots fine, however USB still does not work (so I cannot log in) and appears to freeze after a few minutes (the time on the login screen stops).

My hardware specification is as follows:
  • Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H 1.3 F11 motherboard
  • 8GB DDR3 RAM (2x2GB, 1x4GB)
  • SATA attached hard drive
  • Intel Core i5-650 (LGA 1156)
  • nVidia GeForce 9500GT 1GB
  • A FireWire PCI card, which appears to work fine when booting from UniBeast
  • SATA attached CD-RW drive

My question is, does anyone know how I can get this fully working? It's the USB support and the freezes that I need to fix. Maybe I could somehow install UniBeast on the drive, as everything works perfectly under it? I have a perfectly working Lion install on another hard drive bootable by this PC, so I hope I can get Yosemite working!

Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can give.

Tim

Hi,

I have successfully installed Yosemite using a UniBeast created USB drive with the Legacy USB option. All works fine on the first boot of the new system using the USB key, however I cannot make it work having installed MultiBeast. I have tried the following options on a fresh OS install each time:
  • User DSDT: I have a DSDT from a Lion install I did on this board a few years ago - this doesn't work (system won't boot, hangs on the Apple logo screen). Not sure if DSDTs are OS version independent?
  • No DSDT: Installed the boot loader with the required kernel flags (GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000, confirmed all of this in boot.plist) and also the required options plus USB3 support (read that this would fix USB on this board) and also the AppleRTC patch to prevent BIOS flashing. This boots fine, however USB still does not work (so I cannot log in) and appears to freeze after a few minutes (the time on the login screen stops).

My hardware specification is as follows:
  • Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H 1.3 F11 motherboard
  • 8GB DDR3 RAM (2x2GB, 1x4GB)
  • SATA attached hard drive
  • Intel Core i5-650 (LGA 1156)
  • nVidia GeForce 9500GT 1GB
  • A FireWire PCI card, which appears to work fine when booting from UniBeast
  • SATA attached CD-RW drive

My question is, does anyone know how I can get this fully working? It's the USB support and the freezes that I need to fix. Maybe I could somehow install UniBeast on the drive, as everything works perfectly under it? I have a perfectly working Lion install on another hard drive bootable by this PC, so I hope I can get Yosemite working!

Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can give.

Tim

I wonder if you have a Video issue that blocks you from signing in.

For now, try to boot with -x and -f for safe mode and no cache along with your other flags and see and send photo if it is text based , if you have reached GUI screen of login no need for photo. It cannot help.

If you cannot log into into Desktop in SAFE MODE, we can suspect your Video card has no acceleration at all and will boot with nv_disable=1 flag with -v -x -f

Thank you for your response, cmn699. I tried booting with -x and -f alongside the other arguments and there was a kernel panic.
IMG_0454.jpg
Any ideas on what I can try next?

Thank you.

UPDATE: Enabled 64-bit HPET in BIOS as recommended by another thread in this forum, still results in the same kernel panic.

I have a P55M-UD2 with an i7-860 that I have loaded Yosemite and Mavericks and every release sense SL 10.6.3. I keep carrying the DSDT.aml from the data base forward.

So suggest that you try the DSDT.aml that is available in the Downloads DSDT data base for your motherboard and BIOS version.

I even edit the UniBeast USB installer, and add the DSDT.aml to the /Extra folder (on the installer). This helps me to run the installer(s) with USB support.

Good modding,
neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back