Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

Hi Casey,

Disabling all 3 does not make any difference, still complaining due to PT21 PT22 PT23
Not sure what else to suggest at this point. But here are 2 options:

Option 1:
Diagram all of the USB ports. This can be done by disabling the existing USB SSDTs and USB Kext, then rebooting. Then insert a USB 2.x device into each port one by one and use IORegistryExplorer to determine where that device connected (and write it down), then repeat the process with a USB 3.x device.

Based on this I can determine if any additional changes need to be made to USB port map.

Option 2:
Disable all of the Ethernet kexts. Reboot and test sleep/wake.

macOS Sonoma public beta is now available. Please note that Broadcom WiFi does not work in Sonoma. Broadcom Bluetooth continues to work properly. We can use Intel WiFi with the latest preview of AirportItlwm from here:

We must also use latest AMD-OSX kernel patches from the AMD-OSX GitHub page.

Hi All,

After update to opencore 0.9.3 with HackinDrom, Bluetooth is not working.
I test several thinks but without success. If you have an idea ?

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2023-07-21 à 18.06.26.png
    Capture d’écran 2023-07-21 à 18.06.26.png
    312.5 KB · Views: 15
Hi All,

After update to opencore 0.9.3 with HackinDrom, Bluetooth is not working.
I test several thinks but without success. If you have an idea ?
Hello @Draft,

If you're running Ventura or Sonoma, please see this post, which applies to both Intel and Broadcom Bluetooth:

Hi @CaseySJ

Thanks ! Bluetooth is loading at start but my Bluetooth terminal is not connecting.
I type to connect but is disappearing or not connecting.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2023-07-22 à 14.58.17.png
    Capture d’écran 2023-07-22 à 14.58.17.png
    44.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Capture d’écran 2023-07-22 à 15.29.50.png
    Capture d’écran 2023-07-22 à 15.29.50.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 15
Hi @CaseySJ

Thanks ! Bluetooth is loading at start but my Bluetooth terminal is not connecting.
I type to connect but is disappearing or not connecting.
Some questions / suggestions:
  • Which device is not connecting? Intuous tablet or Apple Magic Keyboard?
  • You stated that the Bluetooth problem started after updating to OpenCore 0.9.3. Was macOS also updated?
  • Which version of macOS is running now?
  • If macOS was not updated, have you tried going back to previous version of OpenCore to see if Bluetooth devices can connect? HackinDROM makes a full backup of the previous EFI folder in the EFI partition of your NVMe SSD. So it's possible to go back to previous version very easily.

Some questions / suggestions:
  • Which device is not connecting? Intuous tablet or Apple Magic Keyboard?
  • You stated that the Bluetooth problem started after updating to OpenCore 0.9.3. Was macOS also updated?
  • Which version of macOS is running now?
  • If macOS was not updated, have you tried going back to previous version of OpenCore to see if Bluetooth devices can connect? HackinDROM makes a full backup of the previous EFI folder in the EFI partition of your NVMe SSD. So it's possible to go back to previous version very easily.
Bluetooth working now with OpenCore 0.9.3, I just replace BlueToolFixup.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM3.kext with older version (2.6.5). Version (2.6.7) causing trouble.

Wanted to say I've been experiencing something very odd with my setup.

I recently updated my Gigabyte B550 Vision D build to Ventura 13.5 from 13.1 using OC 0.9.4. For some reason or other, after roughly 10 minutes logged into the system, my desktop starts to slowly 'disappear'. When I click any visual elements like the System Preferences menu, menus or folders in Finder, the Dock or the top menu bar they literally get removed from the screen bit by bit and all I end up with is just the default Ventura wallpaper at the end. Anyone else experienced this before?

Bluetooth working now with OpenCore 0.9.3, I just replace BlueToolFixup.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM3.kext with older version (2.6.5). Version (2.6.7) causing trouble.
Very strange bug with bluetooth again, if I clean NVRAM it works (picture 1) but after new reboot or cold reboot, it doesn't appear (picture 2). Open core 0.9.3 with Brcm kexts (2.6.5). wifi works fine, I entered in plist. headache trouble !

Key Type Value
bluetoothInternalControllerInfo Data 00000000 00000000 00000000 0000
bluetoothExternalDongleFailed Data 00

Attachments

• bTworks.jpg
    bTworks.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Capture d’écran 2023-07-28 à 11.47.51.png
    Capture d’écran 2023-07-28 à 11.47.51.png
    46 KB · Views: 11
Back