Contribute
Register

Gigabyte 1156 BIOSes 2010-06 - Extract DSDTs [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gigabyte 1156 BIOSes 2010-06 - Extract DSDTs for Database

Kindly add the Rev to GA-P55A-UD3.
I have Rev 1.0 and there is now a Rev 2.0 board.

The BIOS seems to be the same however, both are F9 and both were released on the same day.

BTW- How can I learn what the differences are in the Revs?

PepsiMan said:
Kindly add the Rev to GA-P55A-UD3.
I have Rev 1.0 and there is now a Rev 2.0 board.

The BIOS seems to be the same however, both are F9 and both were released on the same day.

BTW- How can I learn what the differences are in the Revs?
The only time we'll list a revision is if it makes a difference between board versions. As long as the same BIOS is used on different hardware revisions, then we will lump them together.

Most times manufacturers don't list the differences between hardware revisions, but you can figure it out if you analyze the specifications on their website.

Here is the DSDT for the latest (F11) BIOS version for GA-P55A-UD3P.

Attachments

• dsdt_p55aud3p_f11_orig.dsl
    215.8 KB · Views: 62

Any enhancement for the F11 comparde to F10 for us? (P55M-UD2)

Hi tonymacx86 and MacMan,

Just flashed the BIOS on my GA-P55M-UD2 to F11 and used the DSDT in the database (with Core i5-750), and I'm having an error for CPU 3 - HPET is configured incorrectly. Just wondering if anyone could help me out with solving this issue. Also wanted to congratulate you on your great work. Just moved from a Pentium Dual Core e5300 to a core i5, and I wouldn't have even had the heart without all your helpful and thorough effort.

setlursh said:

Just flashed the BIOS on my GA-P55M-UD2 to F11 and used the DSDT in the database (with Core i5-750), and I'm having an error for CPU 3 - HPET is configured incorrectly. Just wondering if anyone could help me out with solving this issue. Also wanted to congratulate you on your great work. Just moved from a Pentium Dual Core e5300 to a core i5, and I wouldn't have even had the heart without all your helpful and thorough effort.

Did you run Optimized Defaults after flashing? Very important on these Gigabyte boards. Do that, then set BIOS to the pics in my guide.

Here is vanilla dsdt.aml for GA-P55A-UD3R Bios F10
Extracted from Ubuntu.

Regards

Attachments

• GA-P55A-UD3R-F10_dsdt.aml
    20.7 KB · Views: 60

Hi tony,

I definitely did. I just double-checked, and I get the same kernel panic. CPU 3 - HPET not configured. I just set up this hard drive and don't yet have ubuntu installed. I'll post my DSDT as soon as I get it loaded.

Hi! I've extracted DSDT in Ubuntu. As i understood 10.04 ))
Bios version F7, MB: P55-US3L ver 1.0.

I have a strange issue with time. Every time i start SL it shows different time not right time. I always set to check internet for time, and it resets.

Macman, i guess U know what to do, please help me))

I've created a new topic - i don't know how delete it! I didn't want to create new....((
How to delete it?

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    20.7 KB · Views: 69

tonymacx86 said:
setlursh said:

Did you run Optimized Defaults after flashing? Very important on these Gigabyte boards. Do that, then set BIOS to the pics in my guide.

Thanks for the response. The DSDT in the database works perfectly for me now. My mistake was so stupid, I don't even want to mention it. Suffice it to say, sorry for wasting your time, and thank you for your hard work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back